Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How to best let RCO users know about RCU

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How to best let RCO users know about RCU

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 06:08 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to best let RCO users know about RCU

Hey troops...what ideas do you have to let all those guys that buy and sell over at RCO know about RCUniverse? We have a faster site that you can post picture ads for free. See how many times your ad was viewed. Messaging features. You know the rest. I'm sure once most users know about RCUniverse they would also post their ads over here too especially so they don't have to keep emailing pictures all the time. Our price is certainly right and the extra exposure won't hurt

I was thinking of taking a few small ads in AMA or some of the other mags but that is the obvious. I have some other ideas too but no man is an island and I'm sure you all may have some interesting ideas on this subject.

Fire away!
Old 12-10-2001, 06:39 PM
dwsc
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that word of mouth will do alot and guys the that find it or know about will tell someone else, the ad might not hurt either. I love the speed of this site.
Old 12-10-2001, 06:56 PM
doug l

marc
what DWSC said.would not go posting on
their board,or getting some-one else for
you. don,t need a pissing match,all over again.
people will hear what a fine site you have,soon enough.
PS...the speed is great,even for web tv.
tks
Old 12-10-2001, 09:11 PM
mvigod
Banned

How about a pay for referral program? We have a tracking system that will track people that come in from your linking code and sign up. I could pay something like a quarter for each legitimate referral that you send. Maybe users could then just post a small link in their signature with their referral code and promo snippet wherever they post as a subtle way to get the word out so to speak.

Something like this could be posted at other sites/newsrgroups/etc. that you all frequent.

Post here.....

Name
RCUniverse.com - Buy/Sell/Discuss RC! Fast & Free
http://www.rcuniverse.com/referralcodehere

Of course you could add or modify it to whatever works. Every 2 weeks we would payout all balances over $10. Free money for adding a couple lines and letting people know about RCU? What do you think?
Old 12-11-2001, 01:49 AM
DSJBEAN
My Feedback: (1)

Default referrals

People will come, I heard about it and currently bounce around. Unfortuneately none of my friends or my kids friends are into RC.
Old 12-11-2001, 02:57 AM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RCU

I think it will be only a matter of time, people will only get tired of waiting for the pages to load. They will see how Fast rcuniverse is and before you know it you will have just as much members as RCO.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:26 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Default Save your money

Marc,
Although pay referrals sounds like a good idea, I wouldn't. Regardless of how much this site doesn't cost you now, give it time. I remember the days when RCO was lightening fast as well. Heck, I remember when FL was just a hang out for RCO rejects, now I go there too, kind of like an ex-pat... Now, fortunes have changed and roles reversed and I even saw a post on FL about speed problems there.....
Hang on to your pennies, they'll come in handy.

As for how to get uses to come here, just hang in there, they'll come.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:20 PM
azblue

Default hOW I FOUND OUT

I found out about this site from a post on RCO... Don't know if it was the right thing for that person to do but hey..it worked for me. Maybe some look at it as a slap in the face to RCO, but then again if some other site comes along that is even better (unlikely) than RC universe may also be used in the same way.
either way, me finding out about it RC universe now has 4 new members. and thats the way the word realy travels.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:30 PM
mvigod
Banned

Thanks guys for the feedback so far and I'm glad you all found your way here! I may just take a few small ads in AMA and Model Airplane News. Right now the growth is happening fast but not an all at one time onslaught which is good so I can tune the server constantly for speed and add hardware or servers as becomes necessary without hurting anyones uses experience here.

Also, if you send people here please (not mandatory) use the custom linking code which will give you credit for the referral. The custom code is available in the "faq" section of this site (click the faq icon at the top of the page).

Thanks and enjoy. I am working on search by state/geography so buyers and sellers can find search local deals if they want! Should have online soon...
Old 12-12-2001, 12:11 AM
Taildrager-inactive
My Feedback: (11)

Default RC Universe growth

I believe the growth will come from disgruntled RCO users, as the site is slow and not user freindly. Users from the other boards will come and post also, but may be not call this home. Save your money as this site will double in size in a very few days as the word spreads.
Old 12-12-2001, 12:17 AM
mvigod
Banned

Well, sound like a consensus is being reached. I think what I will do is take an ad in AMA mag and let the rest of the community know about the site. I think the word will spread exponentially that way without anyone getting too upset :-)

All in favor say "I"
Old 12-12-2001, 02:33 PM
Jim D
My Feedback: (8)

Default Re: Save your money

Originally posted by xp8103
Marc,
Now, fortunes have changed and roles reversed and I even saw a post on FL about speed problems there.....
Hang on to your pennies, they'll come in handy.

Nik, the post you refer to is a troll from a rather obnoxious character who goes by the user name Capt Corn. I have also seen his tiresome dribble show up at RC Flying Net and I'm sure he will make his way here given a little time.

Flightlines/RCWatch has slowed none that I can tell. However, I will admit that as of the moment RCUniverse has the best software implementations of the bunch. But any of the three main alternatives (RCU, RCW, RCFN) are light years ahead of RCO now.

It's a shame. People are still posting loads of stuff for sale on RCO, but the board is so aggravating to use, that I hardly go by anymore.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:58 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Well I certainly agree about RCO. It was once the premier site, now it has taken up residence on skid row. There is no organization there and it is slower then a constipated cow. I still call Flightlines home but sure do like it here also and hope it continues to grow.