Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Looking for fellow flyers in Brunswick Co. NC

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Looking for fellow flyers in Brunswick Co. NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 08:06 PM
propbuster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for fellow flyers in Brunswick Co. NC

I was wondering if there was any fellow RC flyers in the Brunswick Co., NC area to get together with. The closest club to me is up in Wilmington and the next one is in Myrtle Beach! Thanks, Tim
Old 11-03-2004, 10:47 PM
khodges

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Looking for fellow flyers in Brunswick Co. NC

ORIGINAL: propbuster

I was wondering if there was any fellow RC flyers in the Brunswick Co., NC area to get together with. The closest club to me is up in Wilmington and the next one is in Myrtle Beach! Thanks, Tim
I notic that you're looking for locals in Brunswick Co., but your caption says you're from Black Mtn. That's a "rat fur peece" as we say in the foothills. You in school down East, or a recent transplant? I'm in the I-40 corridor,too, closer to Black Mtn than Brunswick Co. Stop by Hickory and fly with WHAM next time you come thru. www.wham-rc.org
Old 11-04-2004, 09:26 AM
propbuster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for fellow flyers in Brunswick Co. NC

Thanks for the invite khodges! I'm working out here on the coast and get back home every two weeks or so. There's a couple of clubs pretty close to Black Mtn. One in Asheville, and one just down the mtn in Marion. The only problem is I can only spend the weekend and don't have enough time to devote to flying while I'm there. My wife and kids are the priority. When I'm not pouring concrete out here on the beach, I'd sure rather be flying! I'm looking for a suitable field to fly in out here on my own, but am having a hard time locating one. Some one suggested flying right off the beach but I'm concerned about recovering my planes from the water without a boat! I'll be back in the mtns for Thanksgiving and will see if I can maybe make a family trip out Hickory and say hi!