Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Are you getting tired also?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Are you getting tired also?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 10:04 PM
AgCat1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you getting tired also?

Hey, I don't think anyone is trying to tell anyone else what to fly![>:] Lighten up a little. It's a comment on how things seem to all be the same every where! I visit some web sites showing events and I am disappointed when most of the planes seem to be alike. That's my problem, not theirs. Everybody gets chips knocked off shoulders too easily! It just a comment on seeing very little new stuff. I think it's as simple as that.

Of course, this opinion is my very own and should not be attributed to any, otherwise, sane individual[8D]
Old 11-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Skymac
My Feedback: (8)

GrnBrt, Im with you.

IMHO people flying 3d stuff aren't doing it to "improve" their skills, anyone can go out and mix the sticks on a larger scale 3d aerobat and make things look good with a little gumption, shoot; I've flown some gaint scale aerobatic planes before that weren't mine, nor do I have any and thought they were "easyer" to fly then alot of 40 sized airplanes, Personally I don't care about watching anything like an extra fly around unless its scale, and doing scale box patterns, and come to think of it how many "Scale" caps and extras do you see?
Old 11-14-2004, 12:39 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

I see a lot of people at the field who care way way too much what others are flying like the original poster. Problem is they're more than happy to tell you their opinion -
Son, might I suggest that you get to know the poster before you come to conclusions like this one. I could give a fat fiddlers phart about what someone is flying and I stated that I was just tired of seeing the same old cookie cutter type airplanes to the point of not wanting one. I also keep my opinions to myself unless I am asked for them and if that's what you want to fly then knock yourself out![:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 11-14-2004, 09:08 AM
jettstarblue

Why do I have the feeling that "the original poster" is going to have photos of a very different Berkelys' Aeronca C-3 or something soon?

Viva La Differance!
Old 11-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Columbo
My Feedback: (9)

Though my favorite type of flying is giant scale 3D/IMAC type aerobatics, I still love
to watch other types of planes fly such as warbirds, combat planes, jets, and other scale
planes, especially the giant scale ones. To me the key is diversity, especially when it
comes to airshows. For example in an airshow, too much of any one type of flying or plane
whether it be 3D/IMAC or giant scale warbirds might eventually get boring if that is all you
see the entire time. It is good to see an occasional mix of other types of flying and planes.
It sickens me to see someone in the hobby who critisizes a particular style of flying just
because it is not his cup of tea. The ongoing feud between wardbird flyers and aerobatic guys
is childish. We should learn to appreciate diversity and other's style of flying. If you get tired
of seeing a certain type of plane or style of flying, then its up to you to bring something different
to the table. It might catch on.

Greg
Old 11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

How are scale planes different or origional? Trainers? People will bias their opinions whichever way they want. I personally don't see how building the same ol' P-51 or Super Cub you did 40 years ago and flying it in a left hand curcular pattern can be any more sickeningly stale that seeing a large scale aerobat? This whole thread is one big oxymoron. And so you know...I fly neither scale aircraft nor large aerobats. I'm just an outsider lookin' in.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Burrito Bandito

<Post Deleted by Author> It's futile............
Old 11-14-2004, 06:21 PM
jettstarblue

ORIGINAL: Burrito Bandito

Gotta tell you guys..........This place is getting so petty[X(]

Been gone a while and I lurk around but rarely post anymore. This thread is the paradox of this whole freakin site. When this thread goes south, who is gonna close it down since a moderator started it? Why the heck did a moderator start such a baiting thread in the first place? Moderators are free to say whatever they want, but don't they have a responsibility too. This thread is destined to become more controversial and take a bad turn.

Fly what you want, look at what you want, build what you want, buy what you want, just have a good time. If you gotta ***** about something then ***** about taxes, which is not allowed here on RCU..........get the hint!

Jeez, I can't believe I posted at this place again!!!!!!!!!!! I'm such a FAG!

J.
Yes, yes you are.....
Old 11-14-2004, 06:34 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

This is all I do when I go to the feild! I just hover all day long. Right over the runway too. I know the circle flyer types just love that! It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys! You guys should try it sometime, it's easy to do, and I never get bored with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71587.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	192968  
Old 11-14-2004, 06:38 PM
cropdusterdave

Capthis,

I like the way that thing hovers in such a scale like manner. I was at Oshkosh this past july/august....lots of full scale birds doing just that. Not nearly that low of course. Must really take some skill.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:45 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Actually with a little device called a gyro, and some neat photo shop tricks you can fly just like that.

Anybody else see the sarcasm in my post?? I hope so. This hobby is about flying planes, and having fun. But the most important thing I have taken from it was meeting, and making new friends.
Sure there are lots of Imac planes around but so what. There are twice as many trainer type planes. I personally don't give a rats hind end if you can fly well, or what you fly. What does it matter?? Jeesh people lighten up a little!
Old 11-14-2004, 06:56 PM
MathmanAHS

Individuality is great, as long as we do it together.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Scat-R-D

Capthis, that is so COOL!!! One of these days I hope my skills will be good enough to allow me to do that! How many hours do you practice a week to keep your skills that sharp?
Old 11-14-2004, 08:41 PM
777M8

Old 11-14-2004, 09:26 PM
highoctane
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: jettstarblue

ORIGINAL: Burrito Bandito

Gotta tell you guys..........This place is getting so petty[X(]

Been gone a while and I lurk around but rarely post anymore. This thread is the paradox of this whole freakin site. When this thread goes south, who is gonna close it down since a moderator started it? Why the heck did a moderator start such a baiting thread in the first place? Moderators are free to say whatever they want, but don't they have a responsibility too. This thread is destined to become more controversial and take a bad turn.

Fly what you want, look at what you want, build what you want, buy what you want, just have a good time. If you gotta ***** about something then ***** about taxes, which is not allowed here on RCU..........get the hint!

Jeez, I can't believe I posted at this place again!!!!!!!!!!! I'm such a FAG!

J.
Yes, yes you are.....
Yuppers to that...not the fag part,but the do whatcha want...and I skeered of the tax man too.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:43 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some may be looking for an argument. I went back and read Art's original post and I did not see where he was complaining about a flying style or bashing IMAC planes. All I got from the post was that he was tired of seeing so many of the same planes. Nothing about restricting what anyone else wants to do, just a statement of where his interests lay.

No reason to start a fight when there is no enemy around.

Eric
Old 11-14-2004, 10:00 PM
AgCat1982

That's what I stated in my post and it went right over everyones head. What the heck is the problem with someone hoping to see a little more variety! It's clear having a suggestion or an opinion is grounds for everyone to tell you to "shutup if you don't like it" even if you didn't say that, "mind your own business" when you were not telling anyone what to do and lots of other dumb responses!

Please do not suggest anything or express an opinion. Too many people just cannot handle it.[8D]

(oops, that was an opinion. Sorry, uh........I take it back)
Old 11-14-2004, 10:09 PM
cropdusterdave

agcatsbest,

I've got heaps of hours in the G164B working rowcrop. You an ag flyer?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:05 PM
BasinBum

It seems a couple of ProBro's would like to stir things up. You guys have hardly been around since the big walkout and your threatening to leave?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:01 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Totally unbelievable some of the answers I am reading. Now for those of you with a bit of comperhension problems let me say again that I have nothing against these kind of planes and if that's what you want to fly then knock yourself out. What I am saying is that I would like to see something else out there at the field, you seen one Cap arf, extra arf etc etc you have seen them all. Someone mentioned seeing a lot of P-51's and such but I see that a bit different if you built it yourself and did it up in a different color scheme then say the 'Big Beautiful Doll', yes I have seen enough of those also. I ask what I feel is a simple question and I'm called a Troll, come on get real and a moderator is allowed to make a thread as well any other member, Jeez Louise!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:40 AM
BasinBum

Art,
So this isn't an "old guys who hate 3D thread" but an "I hate ARF's" thread instead. I get it now.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Want a breath of fresh air, try electric - a whole new world. Then you can always take a less traveled path . . .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22281.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	193091  
Old 11-15-2004, 08:42 AM
BasinBum

Come on Red, you've seen one twin autogyro you've seen em all.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:50 AM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

Neat..... not just another arf, huh?
Old 11-15-2004, 12:35 PM
wagas

I wonder what will be left in the end if everybody doesn't like Extra's, Profiles, 3D, Sticks, Warbirds, kits, scratch builders, helicopters, jets or ARF's.

A bunch of diatribes on RCUNIVERSE

oh, and electric autogyros.....sorry Red left you out there for a minute.

I will agree with the Poster though, When I go to fly ins or shows all I see is pretty much the same style airplanes. BUT I will say they fly the tar out of them where as I LOVE TO go to a Scale or warbird Fly In to see the detail and different designs but they should really call them Sit-Ins because nobody hardly flies and if they do it's around the pattern and then a landing followed by 2 weeks worth of repair to a damage gear system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.