Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Are you getting tired also?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Are you getting tired also?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 05:27 AM
jettstarblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you getting tired also?

Todd, A 1/2 scale Spitfire? Why not delete the radio and get in and fly it? You'd still have that limelight that you don't care about....
Old 05-10-2005, 07:15 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<<Scale... around the pattern, then a landing followed by two weeks worth of repair to a damaged gear system...>>

ROFLMAO!!!! You must have visited my field...
Old 05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
morro

The purpose of doing this size spit was just to see if I could do it, there are alot of peramiters to think about when building a model of this size, I suppose the challenge is there but I will not do this again. Having built 1/4 scale and 1/3 spits the thought of going larger was there.
I am currently in the process of writing a book on the pros and cons of doing extreme large scale for the spit having talked to Richard Rawle who helped me with info, anyway can talk all day.

Todd
Old 05-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's wrong with being an old fart or a F.O.G.? It sure beats the alternative!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Live Wire

Since I just got off moderation I can't tell you But some day you will find out[&o]
edit
Old 05-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been flying for 7 years now. I got into aerobats--caps-edges-extras--about 4 years ago and I love them. They fly like nothing else. It's like a cross between a thoroughbredd racehorse and a Ferrari(sp?). I've flown the IMAC pattern a few times and I love doing 3D with a little 40 size plane thats cheap and easy to slap together. I don't do 3D with my $1800 Extra--no guts I guess.

But:
I've had a yearning to build a scale plane for about 2 years and it's gettin' worse. I want to build a Decathlon-Beaver-182-Skymaster-Mooney-Cub-Shrike Aerocommander--something like that.

I want to experiment with fabric and glass. Painting a plane is on the list. I just want to build a couple of real nice SCALE kits and do them up really nice and detailed. Retracts--bomb drops--whatever.

Top of the list is a big Decathlon. The Dynaflite is gonna have to do--'cause I can't find another kit thats giant scale for this plane. The DF is 89" and it'll fit in the truck with the wings off. I'm thinking about a 35-45cc gasser for it. Fabric on the wings. I better stop--I'm drooling all over the keyboard.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:32 AM
AgCat1982

ORIGINAL: morro

Having read the entire thread I must admit I started to get annoyed at the fact people just cannot enjoy themselves whatever model it is, I see as most people do ARFs and sport planes dominate the modelling scene and the harsh reality is the serious scale modeller like myself have to live with it. I am currently in the completion stages of my 1/2 scale spitfire, I know its big, and when I take it out to the field the lime light will be there but at the end of the day I dont care what people think and really what are you going to say to these people that fly these caps, extras, etc.

I really cannot see the purpose of this thread, good I suppose for a reaction but to many a waste of time just enjoy the company of others at your field regardless of aircraft type.

Todd
p.s. I will put the knives in myself thanks.

One would think that, after having it explained over and over again by the original poster and others that this thread is about a guy who is feeling down by the lack of variety at events these days, one would get the point! He is NOT TELLING ANYONE WHAT TO FLY, HOW TO FLY, WHERE TO FLY......NOTHING, just that he misses the variety of planes that used to be at the fields! That's all!!! NOTHING ELSE!!!! Wishing it was like it used to be, but, realizing it probably never will be. That's it! And, when I see a spread in one of the mags' of an event and see a lot of photos of similar planes, I just move on to something else to see. IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM, IT'S MY problem, but, I can still say I wish there was a greater variety, without slamming what someone else flys!!!! The fun for me is going to see all the different kinds of planes. It's just dissappointing when there is not a lot new to see.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:06 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: morro

I really cannot see the purpose of this thread,

Than WHY did you bring it back to life after 5 months of no posting????
Old 05-13-2005, 07:37 PM
morro

SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Live Wire

If I could say what I am thinking I would be barred from RCU for LIFE To bad a lot of people should hear what they are doing to this hobby[&o]
Old 05-14-2005, 06:59 AM
JNorton

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

morro,
Look at the dates from post #98 from trannybuffy - 12/25/2004 9:42:46 AM and your reply in post #99 - 5/9/2005 4:18:44 PM. Not trying to start anything just pointing out the dates. I know it's all too easy to reply to an old thread if you've used the search engine.
John
Old 05-14-2005, 06:33 PM
morro

Waste of time trying to give YOUR point of view, I have been in this hobby a long time, flown all sorts of aircraft large and small, enjoyed being with all modellers in all walks of life, flown fullsize aircraft and if I may point out to people this is my view on the topic in my country peope do accept it and leave it at that, some people in other countries can"t. If it upsets you sorry

Happy Landings
Old 05-14-2005, 10:07 PM
AgCat1982

I was just pointing out that you mentioned "why can't people fly what they want and not worry about what others fly" or something to that effect, and that the original post had nothing to do with complaining about what others fly! Just that he missed the variety! Most people missed the intent of the original post.

Your opinion is fine, as any others. It appeared to chastise the poster for his comment when his comment wasn't what you think. If that is wrong, then I apologize for saying anything. It just bothers me (my problem) when some people seem to have a chip on their shoulder and waiting for someone to knock it off! I just don't see where GrnBrt was swinging at any chips!
Old 05-15-2005, 12:31 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks sticks and you are absolutely right. I could care less what you fly so go for it but I just miss the days when there seemed to be a large variety of different planes at the field to admire. Now when I go I see a lot of the same ARF or if it was built form a kit it be 90% a Extra, Cap or what ever along those lines. I guess I just miss the days when there were nothing but kit built planes out there. Now go and fly what you brought and quit trying to read between lines, cripes almighty!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:07 AM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Holy cow John, are you ever tempted to strattle that big boy and go for a ride?
ORIGINAL: JohnVH

ORIGINAL: Roby

GrnBRT

I understand and appreciate your position........however the flip side maybe that the
guy's who fly the Caps etc. might be bored with guys like us who fly big scale birds
in large open circles with an occasional loop or roll.

I guess it all comes down to "fly what you want " and tolerate the rest.
Bingo, guys that fly big aerobats are not interested in how many touch and goes they can do in a tank of fuel, they want to keep pushing thier limits, and get better. Your not going to get any bettery by doing loops and rolls and flying trainers around all day. BUT, some enjoy that, and that is just fine.

Hey Art, I fly different stuff
Old 05-16-2005, 08:38 PM
imsofaman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys! I like having something different also. I have a lot of Clancy aviaition stuff. Even made a autogyro attachment for the Baby Bee. I do fly some 3D with my homemade foamy. I think this is one of the reasons I like autogyros so much....not many guys have them.

Attached are a couple photos of my Bees. Of all the clubs I belong to and all the fun flies I go to....I am usually the only one with a Speedy Bee...... It will do just about anything that I want it to. I can actually hover with it. You should see the serious 3D guys faces when I pull her up in a hover. Who needs CAP?....not me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42990.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	272481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75235.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	272482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59671.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	272483  
Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 AM
rik1024
My Feedback: (1)

I am not getting tired at all i will be the first at my feild to have a edge 540 everyone here is into there own thing and fly every thing from scale warbirds to spads