Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

My friend Kevin moved back home today.

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 05:35 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My friend Kevin moved back home today.

The first time I saw Kevin he was flying at the old abandoned airport with his college professor, Dr. Chin.

Kevin was flying a Thunder Tiger Decathlon and was doing a decent job considering he was so new to the hobby. I stooped by to let him know that some of us had tried to fly at this airport in the past and we had been kicked out.

Kevin was a college student and lived with his wife and dog in the apartments located at one end of the airport. He could literally walk out his back door walk over to the runway and fly his trainer.

Well what the heck, I guess I’ll join you. If they kick us out again, we will at least have had some opportunity to fly from an unlimited runway.

That was about a year ago. We flew at that airport twice a week. Kevin quickly became an excellent flier. He got into Giant scale and flew a giant bipe with a G-62 up front.

What I liked about Kevin was his enthusiasm. He was always so happy to see everybody that came out there. He was great with teaching new people to fly. And best of all he was out there a lot, so I always had some one to fly with.

Kevin graduated with his PHD last week. Now he is returning to his home country, Taiwan. He came out last Saturday to say good buy. He gave me his electric hinge-slotting tool to remember him by. We all visited for a while. He watched all of us fly. He said good-by.

Today he flies back home to Taiwan. People move I guess, but I sure am going to miss his enthusiasm.

This has nothing to do with anything; I just wanted to say I’ll miss you Kevin

tonyc
Old 08-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Default GREAT TRIBUTE

I never met him , but I'm going to miss him too, I have found a Kevin in my new friend Dave and his family.I hope none of us move any time soon. I don't think these type of flying partners come alone very often, thx for the thread Tony
Old 08-22-2002, 05:51 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default My friend Kevin moved back home today.

Very nice words Tony !
I think we all have had some type of Kevin's thru our lives that we miss a lot :cry: