Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Medium Purple Lustrekote

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Mikerjf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Medium Purple Lustrekote

Might not be the proper place to post this but I'm desperate. Got a scratch built Pitts that's covered. I've got to finish the cowl and wheel pants and Top Flite discontinued the Medium Purple Lustrekote.

Help!

Mike
Old 11-21-2004, 12:37 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Medium Purple Lustrekote

I wish the best of luck in your search. I would suggest checking all the online outlets as it is almost impossible for a modeler to ship hazourdous materials, legally. I just tryed to send some paint thinner to a modeler and I could not do it unless I was a bussiness that had regualar UPS pickups and I had been to the school for the proper handling and shipping of hazourdous materials. The Post Office will not even entertain any shipments of paints or pressurized cans. The only way I could do it was to do it by truck for an ungodly ammount of money. Good Luck, Dave
Old 11-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Nuker

You might want to bring a sample of your covering to a good local paint store. Many of them have computer systems that can match color by a scan. You'd have to put a clear coat afterwards to fuelproof it but at least you should be able to get a reasonably close match.

Bob
Old 11-21-2004, 11:22 PM
rik1024
My Feedback: (1)

Take a pice of your covering to a body shop and have them match it most shops use base clear and can match about anything and it is fuel prof .I am a auto body painter(18 years) and have matched just about every color of covering there is.Try to get them to spray it for you it might be pricy but for a scrach built i dont think cost would matter.