Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How would you react to this?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How would you react to this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 09:33 PM
Sawyer692-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How would you react to this?

My roomate and I play "chase" with our T-34s and it has become quite a competion. We commonly have mid-air "bumps" but these planes are tough and fairly cheap so it no big deal to epoxy something back on. I usually hit him more than he hits me but it is all in fun. Now, I've just started flying helicopters. I'll be in a steady hover just getting the feel for the thing and he'll bring his chopper over and hover right over mine, forcing me to land so as not to crash (he is a veteran pilot). Then he will stay over me so I can't take off. I start cussing at him and he laughs.

On one hand I think I should get very pissed and keep a handful of rocks in my pocket to throw at his chopper. But the I think about the times I've hit his T-34 with mine and caused more damage to his.

So, should I let him have his revenge by grounding my Raptor or should I jam the collective forward and put them both into pieces? I know the latter would be more expensive for both of us but it would sure bring that laughing to a sudden stop.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:52 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, if politely asking him not to do it on a heli doesnt work, dont fly with him:stupid:
Old 08-19-2002, 10:11 PM
FlyingLocksmith

Why don't you go practice when he's not there?
Old 08-19-2002, 10:18 PM
Sawyer692-RCU

Well, he is my roomate so he would notice my chopper missing. Plus, I guess its a macho thing. I need to get better so I can ground his sorry @&#! I really don't want to play combat choppers. I make more money than he does so a crash would not be as bad to me as it would to him.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:26 AM
Jazzy

Just take the battery pack out of his heli and put it in your pocket before you go to the field.
He'll be scrambling AND irritated. It just might get the point across to him.
No harm no foul right?
Buy him a beer afterwards.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:27 AM
Nuker

I'd suggest you settle it while grounded rather than someone possibly getting hurt. Things would fly in all directions with 2 choppers hitting. Unsafe and not fun at all.

Nuker
Old 08-20-2002, 01:44 AM
C_Watkins
My Feedback: (10)

Default Yeah... it would be far too dangerous.

... but if you decide to go through with it, please mount onboard video,
and have someone else standing by to videotape you guys that day

Attempted (and successful) autoDarwination should always be videotaped
Old 08-20-2002, 01:21 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

If youve ever seen someone get both arms opened up at the bicep muscles from a set of rotorblades (Orlando, FL, 1989 or so), you would already know the answer to your question. You guys need to stick with the planes if youre gonna bump uglies, and leave the helis apart. The above mentioned flier required multiple surgeries on each bicep, and had limited use afterwards. Helis were definaetly out, and planes as well. Hell, pickin his nose and scratching himself became serious effort. Think about not havin the ability to scratch the fellas when they itch. Is that worth knockin really spendy helis outta the sky? Thats just poor respect for your equipment, and each other. That's also the R/C related stories that make the news, which usually do not offer the public the good side of the hobby. Besides, if youre roommates, and one of ya takes out the others heli (or both), dont ya think its gonna get a bit testy in the house/apt? I have enough stress in my life, i dont think i could handle that preventable load of crap. One of you would be liable to kill the other in thier sleep LOL.

Steve
Old 08-20-2002, 02:13 PM
Sawyer692-RCU

Yikes, that does sound ugly. I do have much respect for the equipment, especially the time it would take to re-trim a rebuilt helicopter, but this guy is asking for it. I think I'll resort to a sabotage on the ground. Something that will take time to figure out so I can fly in peace.

Either that or I'll just kick his ass. lol
Old 08-20-2002, 02:19 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How about this solution...

Next time he takes his heli up, you take your combat plane up and buzz him a few times.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:33 PM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

Try this: Next time he grounds your heli, put your controller down and run over to him before he has time to land his chopper, and give him a firm punch in the balls.......that'll stop him. If you do it quick enough, he wont know what hit him.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:35 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with MinnFlyer....your T-34 is cheap, his heli is expensive.......run into the heli at full throttle with your T-34.....then make sure you put your transmitter down in time to block his punch........
Seriously though, as Stevezero mentioned, it's not a good idea to be bumping heli's......way too unsafe. You should mention that to him...hopefully he'll get the point.

Mike
Old 08-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Sawyer692-RCU

I wish I had pictures of that bicep injury to show him. I've still got my Rotopod on so I should get above him and chase him a little.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:41 PM
tmproff

Hey Sawyer, how old are you and your rommate? I am 26, and have 2 rommates Things can get quite interesting.....I just keep telling myself it's training for when I have children.

My Roomate and I with our fun fly's:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	22247_7030.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	13957  
Old 08-20-2002, 02:52 PM
Sawyer692-RCU

I'm 26 and he is 24. He is not too bad so far but I'm a bit territorial since I lived there first. I don't get him, he thinks I'm lame for buying a two hundred dollar engine, then he turns around and trys to knock his plane out of the sky by hitting mine. I'm trying to get him to buy a VMAR Tomahawk to match my new RV-4, sissy won't do it.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:00 PM
Sawyer692-RCU

Here is my T-34 after her final flight. We were air racing and I went in after pilot error (rolled too low). Thankfully, the roomate wasn't near me so he can't claim to causing the crash. Awesome plane, I'm ordering another.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	22249_4404.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	13958  
Old 08-20-2002, 03:05 PM
tmproff

I totally understand. We live in a 3 bedroom house, and we're always bickering about something or another. Were all good friends, just the bills, keeping the living room clean, dishes, garage space.....it's all there
Old 08-20-2002, 05:45 PM
ilikeplanes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are 8 years old, right?
Old 08-20-2002, 06:06 PM
tmproff

I am 26, and have 2 rommates
I'm 26 and he is 24. He is not too bad so far but I'm a bit territorial since I lived there first
Um yeah...we're 8
Old 08-20-2002, 06:10 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default Hmmm..

Which recess was this during? Before nap-time or after?

If you go "combat" please take video and wear eye protection!

Let us know,
james
Old 08-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Cactus.

wouldnt putting the blades into full reverse kinda make it hard to hover over you, then blow him away lol
i've seen heli blades let go and fly over 12M, that was inverted and they hit the ground first!!! you've got 4 blades to worry about.
i always wonder why pilots spin up so close to them selves, and the rest of us poor sods trying to fly ( i ran away last night from one lol ) then hover at eye level, isnt that asking for trouble? a friend has his grips go, the blades went each side of him, he was shook up, but he still does all this.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Unstable

next time he does that... calmly wait for him to finsh his flight... take an allen wrench and remove one of his blades.. then snap it over your knee. hand him the peices and calmly tell him... "stop hovering over me." and walk away

if you do this with no emotion visable on your face it will make him think something more than his blade has snapped and he might be a little more polite around you.
Old 08-23-2002, 05:32 PM
TVA0214
My Feedback: (7)

Default Take Aim

Try this

The next time he decides to hover above you draw down with a flare gun if your anywhere close Good By or just aim for the rotor blades should be really neat smoke affects.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Low Wing

Default off the road a bit...but

Very few people know just how great a model the T-34 is...World Model version that is...129.00 plus motor...maaaaaan...I love mine allot...As far as Helicopter's, I just bought my first Ergo 30/Schweitzer and if someone roommate, brother, whoever flew anywhere close to it, they would know better right then...But' it sounds like it's gonna take a crash in your case...sorry
Old 08-24-2002, 09:16 PM
robert

No need to be violent, he obviously just thinks that your playing along, so just tell him, nicely to stop that, or just wait untill he feuls up, then fly!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.