Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Fedex didn't do me any favors

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fedex didn't do me any favors

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:39 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fedex didn't do me any favors

Just had to vent a bit. Ordered a Yak from extreme flight last week. I saw the ad here on RCU and watched the vid and had to have one. Figured it would be here last friday so I could take it on a trip with me tomorrow. Chris shipped the stuff in 2 boxes. One got here friday. The other got put on the wrong truck at fedex and went to orlando, then to chicago where it sat for 4 days. Then after chris at extreme flight helped me out, they got it back on a truck and headed for billings, where it now sits. This sux. Too bad I am so impatient. It really bites when you want a plane to take on a trip, and they put it on the wrong truck and let it sit in a warehouse for so long!

Least chris was really helpfull in the whole thing. I can't wait to fly the plane. It looks awsome in the vid that I downlaoded!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:53 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Fedex didn't do me any favors

Sounds like they flew it on Northwest Orient. Thats about how my flight was from Kansas City to Great Falls.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:32 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to hear about that. My friend (frankenthumb) has one and LOVES it. Or should I say, "loved" it. He dorked it on a landing so it needs a couple repairs (landing gear, etc) before he can get it back up.

I'm sure the joy of flying this thing will make you quickly forget about this shipping issue.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:51 PM
FLYBOY

Always does! Its going to be so fun! Just wish I could take it on my trip with me.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:01 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

This should go in the Humor Forum under oxymorons.

baggage handlers
package shippers

glad it finally turned out O.K.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:24 PM
FLYBOY

It didn't yet, but waiting, waiting, waiting. Hope it shows today. Its not in the tracking system again. Hope they didn't lose it again. Its actually getting kind of funny. Next thing you know it will get run over. [X(]
Old 11-23-2004, 01:43 PM
scottrc

.....by a UPS truck
Old 11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

lol

Dude, I feel your pain. When I order stuff, I need it NOW! YESTERDAY! I'm like a little kid at XMas...

Funny though, once I get it and fly it once, it's no longer a thrill and I'm on to something new []
Old 11-23-2004, 03:36 PM
FLYBOY

WHOOOO HOOOOOO! They didn't run it over! They found it.

I wonder if I can put it together while driving all day tomorrow! Hmmmmmm
Old 11-23-2004, 07:45 PM
BigSkyRCFlyer
My Feedback: (36)

Boy, I hate FedEx and UPS at times, UPS more so. There is nothing like wanting a plane so bad you can taste it, and then have to wait because "they" mess up. LOL Show us some pics Ed when you get her done, I might have to get one, if the "Helicopters" let me, they are taking over my brain!!!!!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Anyone have good luck with DHL? I ordered a some New Adobe PhotoShop Software, and it was sent DHL, pretty fast service.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:00 AM
randall1959

Whenever possible I try to get stuff shipped to me by USPS. It's just as fast in most cases and the shipping is usually cheaper
Old 11-24-2004, 03:43 AM
CP140

How's this for a horror story? I have family in Texas. When I go visit them, I often get a little something shipped to them from Tower Hobbies to bring back with me. Last time I was there, I had ordered some stuff, which was delivered promptly. I got there, opened the package and discovered that it was missing a couple of key parts.

The box was sealed with tape bearing the manufacturer's logo, so I could only assume that it was sent that way from wherever it was made. I called Tower and explained the problem. The nice folks there said, "No problem. We'll send a replacment."(No complaints from me about TH customer service!)... which they did via express delivery...

When it hadn't shown up four days later, I borrowed a computer and punched in the tracking number... it showed as "delivered". I looked at the time and date of "delivery"... There were there four adults home at the time it was "delivered"....you would expect that one of us would have noticed a delivery truck coming up the driveway.

I called the folks who "delivered" it. They got hold of their driver, called me back and said..."The driver says he left it at the front door." I explained that that was surprising, since to get to the front door, he would have to get through the locked gate, past the 3 Labs running around the yard, around the two of us hooking a chain onto the tractor and past my sister who was sitting on the porch all afternoon studying for an exam while the rest of the family was doing some work out in the yard.

"Perhaps you are in error as to the time you were home, sir."

....... Being the anal retentive ex-military type I am, my watch is usually within, at most, a few seconds of the actual time and oddly enough I had checked it the exact time the package was "delivered" as my sister had just stood up and made us a bet that we could not extricate the tractor from the mud within the next hour... it had been raining and the ground was a little softer than we had realized! I explained that I was quite sure of what time I had been home and that none of the four adults who were within 50 feet of the front door had seen anything even remotely like a delivery truck.

The response I got was, in effect, "Well, he says it was delivered.Too bad."

Two days later, my sister's neighbour called and said they'd just come home and had found a package by the front door that hadn't been there when they'd left six hours before. The only thing we can figure is that the delivery company delivered it to the wrong address, somebody there found it, looked at the address and took it upon themselves to deliver it to the right address and left it at the neighbour's because they didn't like the looks of the locked gate and the dogs in the yard.

In September, my sister sent a package via that same company(A mistake on her part, she admits) to my daughter for her birthday.... 3 weeks went by and it still hadn't arrived. She called them and was told it was undeliverable because the address didn't exist. They had sent it to the only "town" they could find that matched, but didn't look at the province or postal code to see if it matched...it ended up going to the other end of the country! It was then shipped back to the US, across the US and to our address, they then had the nerve to ask for $40 customs brokerage fees for a package worth $20 and which had taken their "2-day service" now over 5 weeks to deliver.

My sister, somewhat irritated, asked for her money back... she got it eventually. We asked for the brokerage fees back and were told that we should not have accepted delivery to begin with(Tough to do when the delivery guy has just phoned, confirmed the address and your young kid is bouncing up and down at your side with excitement at the sight of a delivery truck in front of the house and you've just told her that her long overdue present is finally here) and that "... they had no way of making a cheque...."

After going up the ladder of supervisors, we eventually got to someone who offered us a "credit" with them....as if we would ever think to use their services again! Finally we got hold of their ombudsman who reviewed the file, called us back and said yes, they had screwed up and would cut a refund cheque.... the explanation offered was that their US computers don't talk to their Canadian computers....this from an international shipping company!

We called last week when the cheque still hadn't arrived... guess what.....they had sent it to that same wrong address at the other end of the country and had returned to them. They had then tried to call us to confirm our address and found out they had our phone number wrong... even though they had already called us several times and confirmed our address prior to sending a refund!

Now we find out they've gone on strike....it's enought to make a grown man weep.....
Old 11-24-2004, 11:02 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

I had a package shipped to me via UPS. When it didn't arrive at the usual time I looked up the tracking number and it showed it delivered late that evening. After calling the manufacterer they shipped another package and said they'd work it out with the shipper. My the replacement arrived the next day via Fedex with signature required. The following day I recieved the original package. I figure the driver was running late and just said that he delivered the package and left it on the truck till he was in the nieghborhood again.

I've had the best prices and service from the USPS.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:18 AM
scottrc

I too have had the best luck with snail mail. I think UPS has a policy that no box is to be delivered without having at least one dent or hole in it.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:51 AM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

My biggest complaint with both FedEx and UPS is that they will leave a package worth 3 0r 4 hundred bucks on the door step and not even ring the bell. I usually find it when I go out to check the USPS box for mail. All is not roses with USPS either but not the fault of the service just our carrier. Every one in the neighborhood has filed at least two complaints but it doesn't seem to register. We see his truck parked in fron of his house for 2 hours for lunch and we don't get our mail until 1700. If there's a package he too just dumps it on the porch.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Nuker

Actually this FedEx story happened last week for me.

There was a sign on my door when I got home, from Fed Ex. It said that because (a name I didn't recognize) wasn't home, the package was left at house number 45. OK so I live at house 45 so this didn't make sense. So I call Fed Ex and give the tracking number and explain what's on the card. The lady said, "no sir it doesn't say that, it says the package was delivered to house 37 because you weren't home" I explained to her that I was reading directly but fine, not gonna argue. So I walk over to house 37 and yes, there is a package for me that they have. I thank them and head back home. I look at the package again and yes it has my address (written by Fed Ex over the typed number) but a different name and a different postal code (Cdn zip number)

So I go on the internet and look up the name and, sure enough, there is someone at house number 52 with that name so I walked over and yes, they were waiting for the package. They opened the plastic holding the paperwork and their address was below it on the paper.

Oh well, at least I got to see a few neighbours that I hadn't spoken to and to meet the new folks.

As for Fed Ex, you just gotta love their customer service
Old 11-26-2004, 12:16 AM
Spaceclam

i have found that packages do not get bent, torn, chewed up or destroyed unless there is a sticker that clearly reads FRAGILE at least once on every face. every package that i have ordered that has that sticker has either gotten lost in a wharehouse, stepped on, or otherwise damaged. i ordered a wingtube for my yak a couple weeks ago,(the CF one) and it came with a huge chunk missing, and it was all bashed up, with 11 fragile stickers on it. i also onced received my simi valley flyers news letter all shredded up in a bag on which somebody wrote "sorry".
Old 11-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Flight Hawk

I'm waiting for the EF 87" YAK and unfortunately it's going to have to travel from one corner of the US to the other to get to me. With all the shipping carrier problems, I may be in for a real shocker.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Spaceclam

out of all the packages delivered to us having only this many complaints is actually quite remarkable.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Shahid

FEDEX SUCK!!!

Heres my story....

I ordered a 9CAP from the US, I live in England and the radio gear here is very expensive comapred to whats in the US. When I got the 9CAP I was overjoyed, then now heres the bad bit. 2 weeks AFTER recieving the package, and paying all shipping costs etc. Fed-Ex land me a £60 ($110) "tax"!!!!!!!

They said that this was a compulsory charge for some stupid boycott or trade law crap! Now I felt like I was ripped off because suddenly everything wasn't so cost effective

Whenever I see a Fed-Ex van I swear at it very loudly
Old 11-28-2004, 09:45 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not a fan of UPS. I have ordered 3 packages from tower. 2 have never arrived. The first resulted in me being put on the black list at tower and the second had my friend on the black list. I had him order it for me because I could'nt. Then they have the nerve to not give me a refund but will credit my account however I have to use Fedex at huge cost. It even cost me $25 just to have them figure out the shipping cost. I cant see why I should have to pay for UPS's mistake. I'll never order tower again. Oh well rant over.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:52 PM
RiffRaff
My Feedback: (16)

Man, I feel your pain. Almost every time I order something and it ships FedEx I have to cringe. They almost always screw up the shipping. Nearly every time it is a least a day later than their estimated date. It alway sits in the local dispatch warehouse for at least a day. It is 50 miles from where I live.

Does FedEx wonder why UPS is cleaning their clock?
Old 11-28-2004, 11:38 PM
mpalermo

Just an FYI, I had a situtation with FedEx a while back.

It was an order placed with Tower 5 days later I said my package never got here, so I went and tracked it and low and behold it showed delivered. First thing I went and did was check the front door cause they always leave it there, when there was nothing there I get on the phone with Tower and they say they will contact FedEx and see what happens.

2 days later my FedEx driver and his supervisor show up at my door giving me the 3rd degree, he went as far as to say I left it right there and we have never had anything come up missing around here before. Then he said that due to the value of the package they were going to have to file a police report, he went silent at this point expecting me to pipe up and say well I do have it, but my response back to him was when can I expect them to show up?

Bottom line is if they do not have your signature or release of signature, it comes to your word against theirs, and guess who will win every time.

Oh yeah, got a credit from Tower placed on my account becuase I was going out of town the following week and did not want them to deliver it while I was out of town.

Mike
Old 11-29-2004, 12:37 AM
BigSkyRCFlyer
My Feedback: (36)

I had a bad experience like that with Tower and UPS. I ordered about 400 dollars worth of stuff, and in the lot was a Great Planes Building board. The order was split into two orders from IL, and I waited. I tracked it the whole way, showing both on time. It showed up, and was just the long skinny building board in one package. I said there should be two, and the driver said "NOPE" not here, only the one. He said it will be here tomorrow or the next day, that they can get on different trucks at stops, etc. I signed for it. Called tower, they contacted UPS and the Drama started. They said the package(s) were delivered and I signed for it. When I signed for the one, it counted for the other, as they were together, etc. Long story short, I had to talk to some "head guy" at tower, and tell them I did not have the other package. UPS showed up at my door a few days later, I had to sign some paperwork, and give a statement. I was treated like crap, by UPS, and Tower for that matter. I got another package sent Next Day air. I mean come on, I paid the cash, just wanted my hobby stuff, and I get hit like this??? Lesson Learned, if you have an order split into two packages, shipped at the same time, and they both track, but only one shows up DO NOT SIGN for it. LOL Now when UPS comes to my door they are very gun shy, and always ask me to check the package, their quote, " So nothing happens like last time". LOL I either have Fed Ex or UPS , no other choices, maybe DHL? Whenever I get a package shipped from Tower, I get sick. I hate the wait, wondering if the package will be smashed, damaged, broken, or lost.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:06 AM
FLYBOY

They kinda got you by the throat, but if you yell loud enough, you can get your way. They destroyed a plane I sent to a buyer one time, (ups) and before it even got to him, some snyde bastich called me and said the contents were destroyed and they were returning it to me and they weren't paying the claim, even though I paid for extra insurance.

To make a long story short! They paid! Man, did they mess that thing up. Tore it into pieces. Looked like they drove over it. Most of the box was missing. Bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.