Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How I spent my "Holiday."

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How I spent my "Holiday."

Weather was kind of weak for flying, so I built one of these for my kid for Christmas. Gas RC10GT
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33857.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	197765  
Old 11-29-2004, 04:29 PM
aaron2874

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How I spent my "Holiday."

That's great. I'm sure you, er, I mean, the young'un will enjoy it. Here is a little tidbit you may have missed. That picture in your post is bigger than my 19" monitor screen. At the bottom it says, "click for full size". I'm thinking to myself... Self? He must have scanned a poster in there. So I click it out of curiosity (chuckling to myself). Know what I got? A smaller pic half the size of my screen!! HAHA!!! That's bass-ackwards!!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:45 PM
TOPGUNNER

^^^^LOL^^^^ bass ackwards......
Old 11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Live Wire

If you slide the bar it makes it into a video .

[8D]
Old 11-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Yeh I saw that too. I don't know how that happened. I used the same digital camera as all my others. Uploaded it on to the software then copied it here and thats how it showed up. All my other photos posted here come out small and you have to enlarge it yourself.

Anyways, I bought a separate clear body for it and "did it up." The ones that come with them have too much decals all over it. Looked kind of stupid, so I changed it.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:07 AM
BigSkyRCFlyer
My Feedback: (36)

Snoop, NICE. Cars/Trucks are always a blast when you can't fly, or just feel like throwing some dirt. Two buddies here have the RC-10GT and they are FAST out of the box, very nice. I feel you on the decals for the Reg body, my friends didn't put on decal on, looks so much better. Yours looks awesome.... You and the kid will have a friggin blast!!!!!! Here is my T-Maxx I am working on, going to put a new body, and some other wheels tires, maybe some other Titanium stuff. She throws some snow and dirt that is for sure. Be Good and have a blast!!!! Sure is a fun break away from the planes for a bit. I usually bring my maxx when I go fly. LOL

Name:	Sq48293.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	197968  
Old 11-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Cyclic Hardover

I took that restrictor out of the carburator. Talk about a power increase. I have only run it up an dialed it in. I'm afraid that one trip out in the parking lot will rip off all the tread. We have this one guy at the field who can take a joke. Sometimes guys will bring their cars out to run around in the parking lot.

Funny thing is , is when this one guy goes to take off, we sneak in the car. As he is rolling down the runway, the cars comes out of nowhere and gets on his back end and chases him until he takes off. Very funny to watch.

There is this other guy with a T maxx. He drives the front of the car right up to his feet. Then "floors" it and the car jumps on his feet and up his leg and does a back flip and lands right back on all four wheels. I guess that is the "3D" of the car world
Old 11-30-2004, 10:08 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I too have an RC10 I picked up last year. Its a lot of fun at the field when waiting for a slot to fly. A lot of the old timers piss and moan when I bring it to the field (THIS IS AN AIRPLANE ONLY SOCIETY[>:]), but I don't care, I drive it anyway and I think they are jeolous. It also gives my dog a lot of excercise chasing it around the yard.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:45 AM
BigSkyRCFlyer

LOL, with the dog, I laugh everytime you say he chases it. Would love to see that. LOL I bet it is fun for both, until he lays into it, after she runs out of fuel. LOL HAHAHA
ORIGINAL: scottrc

I too have an RC10 I picked up last year. Its a lot of fun at the field when waiting for a slot to fly. A lot of the old timers piss and moan when I bring it to the field (THIS IS AN AIRPLANE ONLY SOCIETY[>:]), but I don't care, I drive it anyway and I think they are jeolous. It also gives my dog a lot of excercise chasing it around the yard.

I think Cars/Trucks are a total blast. I don't get into them as much as planes or choppers, but still hold my own. I don't see any problem with them at the field, just stay away from people flying, use the right radios, and have a blast. I like to chase planes on take off too, pretty fun, if the pilot is down with it, and does not complain. I love to run mine in the snow, like on the street in about Feb, when it's all packed with ice, snow, ice, snow, then more snow. LOL Fun to punch it up to full speed, then brake, slide and spin around for a half block. LOL

Snoop, is that restrictor in the Maxx carb, you have the new 2.5 BS right? I'll have to do that. My maxx is ok, have a macs pipe, running 20% have the suspension dropped, does well. I want to get that new Sirio .23 or whatever the size that is a drop in, can you say bye, bye gears? LOL
Old 11-30-2004, 12:11 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! Will it hover?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:04 PM
scottrc

No, but it will loop, snap. and torque roll
Old 11-30-2004, 01:07 PM
BigSkyRCFlyer

LOL. HAHAHAHA
Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Snoop,
I'd think twice about encouraging my kid with the cars and have him stick with planes. I mean have you looked in on the car forums and the average post compared with the airplane forums?

We don't allow cars at the Basin because of the dust, noise and that if it got more popular than it was there would have been a parking problem. I suppose at a smaller club it's not an issue but our parking lot is crowded enough already. We don't fly our planes at the car tracks so they shouldn't drive at the airfield.

I have an RC car but I don't find it nearly as fun as the planes, to each his own.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:04 PM
scottrc

BB, your sounding like one of them ol'farts
Old 11-30-2004, 02:20 PM
BasinBum

Besides poking fun at the car guys forums I guess I am an old fart on this subject.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:03 PM
scottrc

I just got an estimate for a pair of shocks, rear tires, and a set of tie rods for my RC truck.

$35 for the tires
$9 for the inserts
$21 for the shocks
$18 for the tie rods.

Because of those prices, I'm sticking with planes. I can make just about all my own parts when they break. That was why I got out of RC boat racing, I couldn't justify spending $35 for a cable or $50 for a prop they breaks or gets lost just about every other race.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:11 PM
BigSkyRCFlyer

I hear you. I love planes too much. The T-maxx I bought was just for fun, something to do when it is too windy, could that happen in Montana??? Hmmmmmmmmm LOL The parts are not too bad for the Maxx, but tires, motors, shocks kill you. Whole different world with cars/trucks, they get just as crazy as us plane nuts. LOL I just bash with this, no racing or anything like that. Just 4 foot jumps, rock piles, slow planes, LOL I'll stick with Planes and Choppers, but nothing wrong with a car/truck to have fun with, eh BB? LOL
Old 11-30-2004, 03:18 PM
BasinBum

OK Big Sky,
Go take a time out for excessive use of "LOL". Go look up the old LOL thread for correct usage guidlines and get back to us.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:29 PM
BigSkyRCFlyer

Ok sorry, I'm in time out now, BYE. Everything is just so funny!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Actually this picture was taken about 5 years ago when my boy was 15. He is now in his second years at UNM. He was flying this Cap at the time. He slowly found other interest (girls) and cars that took up his time. He'll be back
ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Snoop,
I'd think twice about encouraging my kid with the cars and have him stick with planes. I mean have you looked in on the car forums and the average post compared with the airplane forums?

We don't allow cars at the Basin because of the dust, noise and that if it got more popular than it was there would have been a parking problem. I suppose at a smaller club it's not an issue but our parking lot is crowded enough already. We don't fly our planes at the car tracks so they shouldn't drive at the airfield.

I have an RC car but I don't find it nearly as fun as the planes, to each his own.

Name:	Mk24807.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	198134  
Old 11-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Cyclic Hardover

I know what ya mean, that Basin Bum is a funny guy eh! And that picture of his dog? He's just "beggin" for it!

ORIGINAL: BigSkyRCer

Ok sorry, I'm in time out now, BYE. Everything is just so funny!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2004, 08:12 AM
scottrc

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !

Old 12-01-2004, 12:24 PM
BigSkyRCFlyer

Well after spending a day or so in , "TIME OUT" I think I can come back. HAHAHAHA How's that? Peace.

Back to the topic, sorry. Anyone tried pulling up a glider with an RC Car/Truck?