Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Fields near New Port Richey, FL (North Pinellas/South Pasco counties)?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Fields near New Port Richey, FL (North Pinellas/South Pasco counties)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 10:48 PM
Joe B.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fields near New Port Richey, FL (North Pinellas/South Pasco counties)?

I lived in Pinellas county (Florida) and flew at the Pinellas Flyers Club in the Largo area. I now live in New Port Richey and am looking for a field to fly at. I've heard there is a field off of South Mobly but am not sure where (that's fairly close to where I live). I know there is an excellent field about 5 - 10 minutes away off of SR 54 (www.wpmpa.org) but they are at their membership cap and I am on a long waiting list to get in So is my only choice a 1-1.5 hour drive (each way) trip which kinda sucks or is there another closer field? Thanks for any info.

- Joe
Old 09-23-2002, 12:40 AM
pa_28r_200
My Feedback: (3)

Default Bay City Flyers

Joe,
The Bay City Flyers club just got another BEAUTIFUL field off of Hwy 52. The Linebaugh field in Tampa is still there too. ALSO if you belong to Bay City, you can pay eight bucks a month and fly at West Pasco. BTW, I live in NPR as well.

Bruce
Old 09-23-2002, 01:24 AM
Joe B.
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Bruce, you must have read my mind. I joined Bay City Flyers about a month or two ago and am anxious to fly at the new field. I've been to the Linebaugh field a few times on the weekends and have been able to get my fix in. This new field sounds excellent from what everyone is saying - 600ft long by 75ft wide - should be able to land a full scale J4 there!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Rovalo

Default field Bay City Flyers

Can someone give me more detailed directions where to find the field of the Bay City Flyers near Hwy52? And what days/times do they fly on that field?
Old 04-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Rovalo

Well, found it myself from another post...

Bay City Flyers:
Directions from Tampa: I-75 @ Hwy. 52, then 4.7 miles West. Flying Site is on right just past Winery.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:10 PM
air farce one

Joe,
There is a nice flying field up in Spring Hill on the Boy Scout Ranch. Haven't met anybody at that field, though the guys at West Pasco are a great bunch of fellows who like to have their and are safe about it, too!