Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Carl Goldberg: What gives

Old 08-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Jon Wold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carl Goldberg: What gives

I can't get into their website www.goldbergmodels.com for days now. Are they off the web or outta business, what?

Please shed some light on this :-)

Thanks,

Jon Wold
Old 08-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Rumour is, Lanier bought out the kits....
Old 08-29-2002, 12:28 PM
Jon Wold

Wow.... Goldberg's been around for how many years? That's a shame but I guess in this ARF world it's not easy to survive when all you have are kits, even if they are good.

Hope Lanier does the right thing and continues to make available those fine flying planes.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Jon Wold

Default Welp!

Ooopsie, looks like I had the wrong web adress:
http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/index.htm

They seem alive & kicking here

Jon
Old 08-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Jim_McIntyre

The names the same but, check out the note about moving, especially the address....
Old 08-29-2002, 05:35 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And when you click on price list, you get a page that says they are currently updating and give them a week. I've given them a few months and still don't see prices. I wonder how the dealers are doing.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:14 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had been a fan of Goldberg since my C/L days when I was a kid - lots of year ago. Last fall I bought a CG Suhkoi to replace one that was trashed. I got the new and improved kit. What a mess. Their redesigned parts were cut wrong. Customer service stunk - after three phone calls and talking to four people, I got a guy who knew that it was wrong, didn't think they sent any out - and didn't know what the big deal was - cut it down until it fit. Yeah, like here is a balsa log - sand away what doesn't look like a B25. The problem was that wing is a double taper - so each rib is unique. Given that they haven't had anything new in quite a while coupled with nonexistant customer service, I figured it was only time - I guess I was right.

Dan
Old 08-29-2002, 08:21 PM
BingoFlyer

And there are some who say that ARFs are not a threat to kits, I 'm afraid that this is only the beginning.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:24 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

I here ya Dan. I built my first Goldberg U/C 42 years ago, 'Lil Jumping Bean' and was a Goldberg fan for a very long time. I got rid of the Goldberg kits that I had when I saw the writing on the wall and the only one I have left is the 'Skylane 62' that some day I really have to get on and finish. Loved that plane back in the 70's and found this one a few years back partially started.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:40 PM
rfarias

Last thing I heard was, that they were keeping goldberg's most popular kits. And would be back in the shelfs late September.

Rfarias.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:32 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't think kits are dead just yet GrnBrt - I've been building about as long as rfarias appears to - and when I take a new one to the field it gets more attention than any arf I have seen yet. Yesterday I wanted to fly my 4 Star 60 so off the field I went. I use a trailer so I have four to five planes in it - yesterday I had my Carden Extra in it - it got more attention than ususal - and most were disappointed I wasnt' going to fly it. I had to promise I would return and fly it once I worked on the carb. I have a new CAP 20 and Laser in the works - I just finished sraying them today - and I guarantee you that you will not get an arf anywhere like them. Arfs are getting better, but they still ain't to where some can build them.

Dan