Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Not related to RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not related to RC

Sorry to hear such bad news. Ill pray for him tonight and his family
Old 05-18-2002, 05:42 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not related to RC

That is one of my great fears where my older son is involved. He is a police officer in a small town in North Alabama. It is the only thing he ever wanted to be. He is very well known and highly respected in the community, even by those whom he has put in jail. He is one of those rare individuals who became a cop to do his small part to help society, change the world for the better, and to make a small difference.

On one occasion, he made a routine traffic stop and approached the vehicle, a closed panel van, in the fashion that he had been taught in academy. When he got to the window of the car and turned to face the driver, he could see a sawed-off shotgun and a .357 magnum pistol on the console. He said he will never understand why the driver did not fire through the side of the van and kill him. He found 10 kilos of cocaine and over 100 kilos of marijuana in the van.

I will pray for the family of Officer Betterton.