Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

SuperGear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:44 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperGear?

Hey all,

I wondered if anyone has received their CF gear from Brian at SuperGear and if so, how do you like it? I've sent him a set of DV gear and measurements and pics of CapX gear. I can't wait to see how they turn out
Old 01-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Geistware

Default RE: SuperGear?

I am curious about this as well.
I am in the market for a main gear for my Sukhoi.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:40 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Keep us posted because I may send him the gear on my Aeroworks 27% Ultimate.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:40 PM
marvintm

I sent him 2 sets of Aeroworks Edge 60/90 gear including a competitors CF gear back in October of 2004. They are listed as available now, so I am trying to contact him to see if the deal was honored. I will surely post some pics and reviews if one ever shows up.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 PM
MHawker

Just saw one of the e-mail "conversations" we had and it reminded me I haven't heard anything from Brian. It was dated Oct 28, 2004. I heard from him once (maybe twice) since then. The most recent, which might have been something second hand, was that my gear was "in the mold".

It's May 12th. I have no gear and in my eyes, had to deal with a very unprofessional lack of communication. Oh well, at least I didn't pay for anything up front. Sure, he has a set of my gear that I don't *really* need, the bent gear on my DV which was supposed to be replaced with either my spare set (which he has) or the new CF gear will suffice for a while.

Sorry, nothing warm and fuzzy about this deal.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:58 AM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Yep! So far nothing for me either, I sent him a set of GP Christen Eagle gear, Oct 2004, and I did speak to him a couple of times but so far have not received the carbon gear.

tonyc
Old 05-28-2005, 04:16 PM
MHawker

Well, I know of one person who has received their gear. Hopefully, this is good news and Brian has worked out any kinks with this new venture and is up and rolling. Taking over a business and learning the ropes is never easy, I'm sure.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:19 PM
marvintm

ORIGINAL: marvintm

I sent him 2 sets of Aeroworks Edge 60/90 gear including a competitors CF gear back in October of 2004. They are listed as available now, so I am trying to contact him to see if the deal was honored. I will surely post some pics and reviews if one ever shows up.
UPDATE: Nothing good.

Email response said "that one slipped by me"... and "i will get one out shortly, sorry for the delays...ect ect ect." That was months ago. At almost one year now, I would say you can class this as non-responsive.

It's only a matter of time before Horizon or Tower will engage some third world labor camp to produce CF gear for a bowl-of-rice-a-day and actually deliver them for the same price as Supergear or Graphtech, and laugh all the way to the foreign currency exchange. Sad but true.

P.S. - "Customer satisfaction" refers to more than one.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Geistware

Horizon is doing this now with their new offerings.
ORIGINAL: marvintm
It's only a matter of time before Horizon or Tower will engage some third world labor camp to produce CF gear for a bowl-of-rice-a-day and actually deliver them for the same price as Supergear or Graphtech, and laugh all the way to the foreign currency exchange. Sad but true.

P.S. - "Customer satisfaction" refers to more than one.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

I got mine in about 2 weeks from date of order. They look good
Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 AM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I was ripped off by Brian too.......and it's sad to see that he did this to others. I sent my Funtana gear a year ago.....he answered emails for a while.....but eventually stopped responding. I hope he's at Toledo next year.........[sm=punching.gif]
Old 09-29-2005, 01:17 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

I'll chime it too.

I guess I 'lost' my spare spare 4 star 60 gear set to him too.

Not upset, but also, not really surprised
Old 09-29-2005, 09:18 PM
marvintm

I am not so sore about not getting any gear, but don't just keep making excuses, either make good on the deal or stand up and appologize like a man and be done with it.[sm=tired.gif]
He said be patient but did he expect that to be over a year?

Here was his first offering.

NOW, to the reason for this post. If you have a relatively popular model that fits my purposes, I would like to offer you a free replacement SuperGear Carbon Fiber Landing Gear. It will be stronger, lighter, air-foiled and come in a glossy black finish (also paintable). You pay shipping to me, I pay shipping to you.

There are however, a couple of conditions that I have to implement.

1. You must forfeit your original gear, I will be using bondo to make the gear air-foiled and I will need to use them again. Besides, they weigh a ton by the time I'm done with them.

2. You MUST be patient. I have a feeling that several people are going to take advantage of this and mold making is tedious work, so please do not be in a hurry.

3. You must take a picture of your plane sporting your new gear and send it to me for my gallery.

4. YOU MUST TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT YOUR GREAT NEW GEAR!
OK i am done now. Hope you business goes well anyway Brian. Having your own business is everyones dream.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Rate1

Myself ordered a set of gear to my GP Extra .60 from Brian. After a lot of chasing around and several phone calls together with e-mails I finally reciced my gear, several months too late. Needless to say, living in Europe I thought for a moment that I was toast but got assistant from another RCU member that had given his stock gear for a free carbon replacement. He also didn't recive what has been promised. Together we managed to finally recive our Supergear products. Both of us tossed the carbon gear away and will not use it on our planes. Have in mind that together with monney transfer to the US and all associated cost this was a lesson worth US$100 to me. I ended up using my stock aluminum instead.
Obviosly Im not satisfyed with the gear. It has pretty much the same weight as stock aluminum due to the fact that he uses too much material. It is much too thick and therefor ugly in my opinion. Yes it looks good at the pictures, side view, but far from it in real life. I hope Brian will shape up with both his product and delivery otherwise I think his company will be out of buisness very soon.
From a very disatisfyed costumer.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:21 PM
MHawker

Never got mine. Last I heard was mine was "in the mold". That was over a year ago. I finally deleted all the e-mail correspondence and PM's from him. Lost cause. It's too bad.

My spare set of DV gear (not to mention the dimensions and pictures of the CapX gear) I sent him are not worth the hassle of trying to play e-mail/ PM tag. If he was going to stick to his end of the bargain, he would have. Even though he *should* send me my original gear back or the $$ value or a set of CF gear, since we had a "deal", I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

The worst thing is that I sent him my set of un-bent new gear from my DV that was needed due to it's current gear being bent. I figured I could fly with my bent set until the CF gear came.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:49 PM
punkindrublik

Okay guys, I'm here. I just learned about this thread.

First of all, I would like to apologize to everyone who sent me gear and hasn't received anything back. I've been through two computer failures and to be honest, I have lost some of your info more than once.
Anyone who didn't get what they were supposed to, please drop me a note and I WILL get you taken care of one way or another.
I AM THE FIRST TO ADMIT I GOT IN WAY OVER MY HEAD and I am sincerely sorry that it affected others. Those who know me know I'm a hard worker and an honest man and will do whatever possible to make things right.
I recieved over 30 sets of gear. I have made 25 molds of them so far. Unfortunately. when I started this business, I had no idea what I was getting into. I got a quick (very quick, one afternoon) lesson on how to make molds. I made a LOT of them and to be honest, they weren't very good. They put out a decent gear but they were heavy, cracked easily (I was constantly repairing them) sharp, and worst of all I was making the gear thicker than necessary because I didn't really understand just how strong these things are.
Now that a year has passed, I finally have a grip on the mold making and gear design process. I'm a fast learner, but with no teacher and only my mistakes to go by (and that's a LOT), it's been a long road.

If you have noticed, my site is not up yet and I haven't advertised gear in a while. I'm am stopping production to do nothing but replace all of my existing molds. This is a HUGE job. I've had some help and done a ton of studying over the last year and now I have a mold process that is perfect in every way. Now I just have to get them all finished.

Those who have bought my gear and come back for more, I owe you for even being here to type this right now.

MHawker, please send me your address. The DV came out heavy but nice. I honestly thought you had one. When I lost my records, I assumed too much. I am remaking that mold as we speak and I would still like to get you set if you'll have them.

TonyC - Same story. First mold was horrible, second failed. Third will be perfect with the new process, but yes again, it will be a little while. If you need a gear for your plane, I will purchase one for you. Please let me know.

Marvintm - I have that gear listed, but I've never made one as it's the same story with the mold. It's another that is getting replaced during this down time. - if you need help with gear. I will do whatever I need to do to get you some. Please e-mail me (no more e-mail problems, I assure you).

glowplug - was that the Funtana 40?? Another disaster. Came out heavier than the stock. Another I'm working hard to remake. Need your info too.

firstofficer - I mentinoed in the other thread to please get a hold of me. I'm more than willing to accept a return or provide you with an updated set. Even after all this, I really don't want anybody unhappy.

To all of you, a big SORRY. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot to you guys at this point, but I mean it and have to say it.

IF I MISSED ANYBODY, PLEASE CONTACT ME TO GET SQUARED AWAY.

Again, I'm the first to admit that I couldn't handle my situation. I had set unrealistic deadlines and made promises I just could not keep. None of this was intentional, but unexcusable at the same time. Once again, I'm sorry.

I encourage eveybody who was good enough to send me gear to please e-mail me with all your info for my new and backed-up database. I will deliver on my promises from here on out as now I know what the hell I'm doing.
I don't expect any of you to believe this more than anything else I promised before, but if you're willing to give me a second chace, I'll get it right this time.

BTW, I do have SOME happy customers. I'm sorry that you few had to deal with my mistakes.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Rate1

Brian, I sincerely belive every word you wrote on this thread. Also you have been very polite and friendly towards me when I was calling and mailing you for my previous order that I frustrated was trying to recive. It is unfortunate that my set didn't turn out what I had expected from a carbon fiber. However since you now have explained yourself I do feel better. Some of your problems starting up your buisness, Supergear, have been seen from my perspective as customer. I did post my comments on your product at the GP Extra 300 .60 thread and you reached out to me. When I saw that I passed this thread to you so you could see some of the things that was cooking. I was hoping you seeing this thread would cause you to react and you did. I hope your coming customers will be happy and you have seen the end to these problems.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
punkindrublik

Thanks for the nice words. It really is appreciated. Understanding is MORE than I can ask for at this point.
Please send your info when you have a chance and you'll get the first of the updated sets.
Thanks again,

Brian
Old 10-05-2005, 04:18 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Brian, I'm always willing to give a person a 2nd chance....and you posting on this thread trying to make things right is a big step.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Ditto here, thumbs up to you, for righting this.

Brian, remember me? 4-Sar 60 set, I beleive with screws & gear plate still attached!

Paul from Montreal, Quebec, Canada? We also talked 'Skis' at one point..
Old 10-12-2005, 06:37 PM
MHawker

Thanks for the note, Brian. Please donate my set, along with my compliments, to anyone with a DV in need of gear.

Best wishes.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:44 PM
punkindrublik

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the good words. If I can set you up with a set of gear for a future project, consider them on me.

Paul, I gotcha covered. just need a little more time. Please e-mail your info to [email protected].

Thanks again guys!!

Brian
Old 10-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Geistware

Brian,
Thanks for getting involved in this thread. I know after we got re-connected, you took care of me. I didn't know how my input would be received so I just watched and didn't say anything.

What was funny, I sent you an email three times and two of those times you said you computer crashed. I was worried but didn't think much of it because we were talking at the time. In reading this, I now realized that you had two seperate crashes and that was exactly what you said but not what I understood.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:58 PM
marvintm

Brian,
Email sent.

Thanks again for being so forthcoming.
If you can send the gear GREAT ! If not, no hard feelings here. Apology accepted in full.

Good luck!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:57 AM
lewdfinger

This thread gave me the warm fuzzies but no response to my email or phone message in over a week. Oh well.

KD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.