Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Post Office! @&$!! (not OT)

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Post Office! @&$!! (not OT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 08:06 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Office! @&$!! (not OT)

My new DP Ultimate .40 arrived yesterday!
The box was a little beat up.

*** did they do to it!

The expression on the mailpersons' face when she brought the package out was priceless.
"They have insurance on on it, so don't worry" was her only reply

The plane survived this assault with no damage.
This is one time I'm glad the ARF manufacturer didn't secure the wings to the
inside of the box!
Old 09-06-2002, 08:09 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

NICE, I have received packages from UPS with tire marks on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:51 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Well you postal carrier, as funny as he or she think they are, is pulling your leg
I was told last time I sent a package via USPS(and I mean "THE LAST TIME")
The post office only insures for Loss not Damage.
You guys correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I was told ??
Old 09-06-2002, 11:31 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Wow!!

B, glad it got there undamaged and thanks for the update. That almost looks as though they tried to destroy it!! By the way, these things fly awesome with the YS .63's. You wont believe it is a .40 size plane. Have fun and take care, Craig
Old 09-07-2002, 01:23 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default scale_only_for_me..

I have had a damaged package fully reimbursed from the USPS..full cost of insured value plus shipping..they took it, did an investigation to see if it was properly packed (I didn't think it was, they did!) and I fully expected that to be the end of it...about 6 months(!) later I got a check...

So it wasn't lost, and I got paid....
Old 09-07-2002, 02:47 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny because it's not me.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Default USPS

I have had one ARF damaged , I believe it was shipped to "Sherman" Brian P. , he recieved the claim check in less than 3 weeks. It was not destroyed , but damaged wing ribs. ALL of the Parcel sevices have thier good and bad people, some take pride in thier work and some don't, and of course accedents happen. None are perfect and all have a record of damaging goods , all we can do is go with the one that is the most consistant with getting the job done and easy to work with when there is a problem, so far USPS has ben the most consistant for me with a close second with FedEx. UPS is my last choice for shipping something that can't be packed bulletproof.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Outlw36
My Feedback: (1)

Consolidated Frieght was was carrying alot of mail . Now they are shutdown and bankrupt. Who took over the hauling?

Jim Allen
Old 09-07-2002, 10:08 PM
paulfromero
My Feedback: (4)

Hi,

In our Post Office a sorting clerk typically underhands parcels from the central bulk parcel bin to each of between 20-30 3'x5' spring loaded hampers (each corresponding to a particular carrier's "route"), unless the parcel is too big...in which case they would walk it over to its destination. From the looks of the photos, it looks like a unthinking person underhanded the TOO LARGE parcel into HARD Floored hamper.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:15 AM
visioneer_one

Based on the way that the package was dented I'd say that you've hit the nail on the head.

Pun intended.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:25 AM
ksebago
My Feedback: (57)

the post office here will insure for damage, but looking at the photo, the plane and its box should have been in another box, a bit larger with packing around it, lucky it was not broken, like I said they will pay the insured package for damage, and never use UPS, I know they can break rocks,Ken
Old 09-09-2002, 01:19 AM
visioneer_one

The plane was double-boxed. I didn't bother taking pics of the outer but it was crunched identically.

All that matters is that the plane is OK.

I really can't complain. Just about all my R/C stuff has been shipped here via USPS... I've only had one plane that got damaged, and that was becaus it was packed improperly. (It was a WM Zen 50 which I bought RTF off RCO. The seller stuck the TX into the box with a bit of foam... the radio broke loose and rattled around inside the box and busted up the wing, tail, fuse...)
Old 09-11-2002, 04:33 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

You thought you had it bad. My local PO is the absolute worst in 4 States I've lived in. In the past year, I have had so many packages misdelivered by my local PO (Missouri City, TX 77459) and filed complaint after complaint, all to no avail. And I'm not the only one in our subdivision having problems with the PO. I finally got fed up and decide to take them to municipal small claims court.

Well, I followed the court's instructions and sent them an ultimatum for resolution. The postmaster then sent me a letter in which she stated that PO is immune from liability for "any claim arising out of the loss, miscarriage or negligent trasmission of letters or postal matter." She directed me to Title 28, Section 2680b of the US Code:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/28/2680.html

Basically, if you have anything sent by USPO, you're f*cked. They can eat it, shove it, use it as lawn dart practice, and there ain't a darn thing you can do about it.

Yes, I can buy insurance, but what about if I'm not the sender? My last package was returned to sender in England marked "Unclaimed" despite my having gotten no delivery attempts nor notices of any kind. I ended up having to pay to have it resent, on a PO supervisor's promise that they would reimburse me. Well, when I went back to show them the bill, they balked at the amount and refused to pay me.

Now if anyone here is an attorney and can interpret the law differently, I'll be very interested in hearing from you. Sorry folks, I'm not usually a litigation happy guy, but I can't wait to sue the sh*t out of my PO.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:23 PM
ReallyUglyStick
My Feedback: (5)

is there someone above the local Postmaster you can go to?