Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Texas R/C Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas R/C Hobbies

Does anyone know anything about the closing of Texas R/C Hobbies? I suspect there are some health reasons for the closing but me and several of my flying friends have Saito engine there for repair/tune-up, etc. I haven't had any contact with them for a couple of weeks and yesterday the phone was disconnected. I would like to get my engine back. They don't give away Saito 120s. Here's the information I have:
Joe Landry
Texas R/C Hobbies
230 West Parker Road, Ste 130
Plano, TX 75075
972-422-5386
Old 02-02-2005, 11:49 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Texas R/C Hobbies

Lou sold the store a while back. On 1/22 or 1/23, I went there and there was a hand written sign on the door that said something pretty similar to 'Closed for remodeling, reopening 1/29 Thanks, Lou'

I was thinking maybe the new owner couldn't make it work and Lou had to foreclose on him; but that is pure speculation on my part.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Russmall

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A gentleman attending the Rowlett RC Club meeting on 1-25-05 announced that he would be buying and re-opening Texas RC in the very near future. He mentioned that he might move the store to a new location in the Plano, Richardson, Garland area, but nothing specific. He said the previous owners didn't pay their bills and were forced to close........RS
Old 02-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Red Raider

Russ:
Do you suppose the guy that's buying the shop has an email address or a phone number? I'd really like to get the engine back before it gets lost.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Russmall

Red, I don't know the guy's name or how to contact him but I will ask around, and if I find out anything I will send you a PM........RS
Old 02-07-2005, 02:40 PM
coveredup
My Feedback: (1)

Good news and bad news. Bad news, Lou is currently low on inventory, I wont go any further than that.
Good news, its back up and running by Lou. The old number now works. Hope your engine is OK.

Hey Russ, are you the guy with the Taco out at Rowlett? I had the little yellow katana P out there a month back. Good luck on those harriers.

later
Old 02-07-2005, 04:26 PM
coveredup
My Feedback: (1)

A gentleman attending the Rowlett RC Club meeting on 1-25-05 announced that he would be buying and re-opening Texas RC in the very near future. He mentioned that he might move the store to a new location in the Plano, Richardson, Garland area, but nothing specific.
My dad went by there today and I guess that fell through too.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Red Raider

Hey, Covered:
Thanks for the info. I'll give the number a try.
Steve
Old 02-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Russmall

Coveredup, Yes, I'm the one with the Taco and I'm still working on those Harrier's. Haven't seen you in awhile. Have you been laying low or flying some place else? Thanks for the latest info on Texas RC...............RS
Old 02-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Red Raider

Thanks for all the info, guys. Texas R/C is now open as Plano R/C Modelers. Lou is back in charge, and Joe is working in the shop. The old number is working and they are again answering the phone. Joe assured me that the engines on the bench would be going back to customers the end of this week. Thanks again,
Steve Shipley
Red Raider
Old 02-17-2005, 07:06 PM
3Dn fool

Hey everyone. My name is Dodd Allen and I have been an employee of Plano R/C modelers for 5 years now. We are now open and fully restocking the store to its full potential. Lou now has full control over Plano R/C. I apologize for everyone's inconvienience and how the previous owner misrepresented the store. Whe should have the store FULLY STOCKED by the end of this week. We are especting huge orders in the next couple of days. Thanks for the patience.
Dodd
Old 03-14-2005, 06:40 PM
hdcchrome
My Feedback: (2)

Gentlemen, there is a NEW R/C store opening in Plano, TX very soon. You will see some friendly faces you may recognize and all the stock you need. Opening day I hear is targeted in mid to late April.

Specializing in Surface and Aircraft kits/supplies/etc from beginner to experienced RC're.

ALSO, for you on road racers!!!!! A nice black-top track will be hosted
Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 PM
hdcchrome

I also thought I would let you know that the previous BUYER (never owner) of Texas RC (Craig Schafer) took up a new sales job next door at Honda Motor Cycles.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
hdcchrome

Red Raider, a ticket is open against you for posting false information about Joe. He was NEVER even part owner of the store. The person who bought it from Lou was CRAIG SCHAFER. CRAIG brought the store down to nothing and it was repossessed by LOU.

ANYONE wanting to find out more information about lost R/C equipment or money from when Craig owned it needs to visit Craig at the Honda store next door or LOU!!!!!!!

Leave Joe out of this!!!!!