Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Meeting for new Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 08:44 AM
carwood444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meeting for new Club

I am posting this for any members of Thistledowns that did not receive my last email about starting our new club and read posts on RCU. The following is the email i sent out on Sunday 2-27-05. Any body else is welcome to request information.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Hey everybody we finally got a date. March 14th that’s on a Monday. Most of the people I have talked to said a Monday evening would be the best by an overwhelming margin.

As to the time if we want to order pizza we probably should start showing up about 5:30 pm. Most everybody wanted to be done by 8:00 pm. If some of you want to stay later and shoot the bull that should be just fine.

I will need a head count of everybody that will attend and if you are going to bring a guest with you. Sounds like there are going to be some people bringing there wives remember they are welcome. Please get back with me on the total number. If we each put about $5.00 or $6.00 in the pot for the pizza that should take care of it. I have the cost of the meeting room taken care of.

Just to let everyone know I had a very good response from the email I sent out. There were only a couple people I have not heard from yet. Sounds like at this point we have a BINGO.

Just to update everyone on a few things.

I have been contacted by couple people out side of the original Thistledown’s club that are interested in joining up with us. That’s pretty cool. I guess word gets around.

I am contacting the AMA to find out about their Flying site improvement program, I don’t think we will be able to take advantage of it this year. But I would hope we can next year.

I am going to talk to Mr. Rupp he is the manager of the Fulton Co. Airport about a spot to fly there. There were some people that flew R/C out there a few years ago.

I also have had contact with Steve Smith on Co Rd E and 9 in Fulton County. I have not seen the area he mentioned but will be looking at it in the next week.

Lastly we can still fly behind the Hy Miler on 108 next to the Turnpike anytime. Before anyone goes out there get with me so I can explain a few rules you need to know before going there. This is a private runway and is still being used by full scale this is not a problem but there are a few things you need to know..

Please give the following some thought before the meeting

1. Please think about where or in what general area would be a good location for a new club. Must be a least 3 miles from any or R/C club minimum. That’s as the crow fly’s.

2. Think about people we may be able to contact. In other words land owners. If you know somewhere that might be a good site and know the land owner give them a call or bring their name with you to the meeting.

3. I may not have every ones email. Please let me know if I have forgotten anyone before the meeting I will give them a call.