Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

2 for 1 special?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 03:49 PM
Strega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 for 1 special?

Well once again I got in trouble from the wife because I purchased another airplane. Yes I have several planes hanging from the rafters, but I didn't have a biplane. I'm sorry honey, the engine I purchased last month is only a .72, and I'm going to need a bigger one for this plane. This didn't go over to well either . To get even with me, she goes on a 2 for 1 shopping spree. (for every dollor I spend on my hobby, she spends two) Maybe I should take up golf, skiing, or bar hopping? My R/C addiction is getting expensive! Any words of wisdom?
Old 09-20-2002, 03:58 PM
DSJBEAN
My Feedback: (1)

Default 2 for 1 special?

Separate checking accounts.......I only tell my wife what the kit costs. Honest Honey, it was only $89.00. Never tell her the cost of everything else you need for it.

Old 09-20-2002, 04:34 PM
Fly4Fun2
My Feedback: (25)

Default Separate banking account....

I have got to agree with this one!!!

First Marriage - same account - lots of fights over money.

Second Marriage - separate accounts - no fights over money. Now, this does not mean that you split the bills equally, I pay most of the bills since my compensation is higher, but we end up with about the same expendable income.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:18 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default 2 for 1 special?

Separate accounts, split the bills, spend what you have left on whatever you want. Just remember, she can spend her money on whatever she wants to.... no matter how silly you think it is.

It takes some cooperation on household items (furniture, upgrades, fixes, etc), so make sure you have some saved for those instances.

Also, her feelings may not be related to the money at all. It may be more that you are giving more attention to something other than her. Make her feel like more of a part of your life than your hobby, and the money issues may subside. (not to imply that you are not treating your wife well, just a thought).

Out here in So Cal, there is a mandatory two income law, I think, to survive!

Mike
Old 09-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Default 2 for 1 special?

Or tell her you are sponsored by a company and everything you get in the mail was free.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:23 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Mike

You speaka da truth with wisdom.

Very well said.

Especially the attention part
Old 09-21-2002, 11:41 AM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default 2 for 1 special?

Billy Hell, once again I bow to your wisdom. My Hero (sigh)
Old 09-21-2002, 12:38 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 for 1 special?

Have the stuff shipped to a buddies house - get it from him when you see him at club meetings - bring stuff home and tell wife that you won it at club raffle - it only cost you $2.00 - tell her you are luckiest SOB in world to be so lucky to have her for wife and also win airplane stuff.

Dan