Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Looking for people to fly with in Maine?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Looking for people to fly with in Maine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:41 PM
pequeajim
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for people to fly with in Maine?

We recently bought some property in Monson, Maine which is near Dexter and Greenville.

I would like to find some people or clubs to fly with when I am up there??

Anyone up there flying when your not on your snow sled?

Jim!
Old 03-16-2005, 03:05 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Looking for people to fly with in Maine?

Hi Jim!
Welcome to Maine!

I've not heard of anything organized up that way. As you are well aware the population density is pretty thin. You're two closest organzied options would likely be either Skowhegan (I think there is a small group up there) or Bangor (the RC Gull's have a field in Hampden and the PF Flyer's fly out of the Old Town airport). There is also a small hobby shop in Skowhegan. I'm not sure what sort of activity there is in Pittsfield but there used to be a small group who flew at the local full-scale grass strip there. Assuming you'll drive up I-95 to the Fairfield area before heading off to the sticks, you'll drive within a couple miles of our field in Sidney. We are right off what used to be exit 32 - Lyon's Road. (it's something like 120 or there abouts now that the State has renumbered the exits to coincide with mile markers). And you are more than welcome to fly there as my guest. We have a 2 or 3 trip policy I believe.
The largest club is located in New Gloucester, about 125 mi south of Monson according to Mapquest. It is the Skystreaker's field.
Drop me an email if you'd like!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

You may find a few guys by searching the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/clubs/index.cfm]R/C Club Locator[/link] here on RCU.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:45 PM
pequeajim
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the information. The next time we go camping, I'm going to bring an airplane and a helicopter with me. I can fly a foamie anywhere, but as we spend more time up there, I want to be able to fly my big stuff which needs a lot more room.

I will keep in touch.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Jim,
Didn't know about the group in Rangeley. I guess it depends on how far their field is. But my offer is still open!

regards!