Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Black Swamp Barnstormers Meeting

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Black Swamp Barnstormers Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 08:46 PM
carwood444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Swamp Barnstormers Meeting

Club Meeting.

From Carl Anderson

We would like to have a meeting April 4th at 6:30pm weather permitting at our new field. If there looks like there will be a weather related problem I will get in touch with everyone.

Dick Nagel has the meeting hall at St Martins Lutheran Church at 203 S Defiance St. in Archbold just south of the railroad tracks if the weather is not good.

The location of the new field is at Co Rd 20-2 and Co Rd B the drive way for the field is just a little bit north of Rd B on 20-2 this is Fulton County.

Right now this is a bare piece of ground, but it is a real nice site. This meeting is so everyone can see the site and also we need to start collecting dues.

The dues structure for this year is going to be $60.00. This is how we arrived at this figure. The grass seed will be about $800.00 , the club charter $90.00, we need to get a porta john, we are not sure on this figure yet. We will also be renting a piece of equipment to grade the field with the cost about $30 or $40.

We need to get this money collected ASAP because of the need to get grass seed planted in the next few weeks.

If we can get this done we should with any luck have a usable field by mid June. Of course that depends on how the weather treats us.

I did not get any feed back on a club name. Gene Royal came up with the Black Swamp Barnstormers. It sounds good because of the area we live in. This was the black swamp many years ago, and barnstorming has to do with flying.

I asked Dick Nagel to take care of the checking account, most of you know Dick, I am sure he will do a good job with it. I will explain all the details about this at the meeting.

Next thing that is important we need to get our club charter sent in. The cost is as follows $60.00 for the Charter and $30.00 for property owner insurance.

We also need to have an election of officers in the near future. Right now as things stand we have the officer positions covered for AMA purposes. But having elections for officers is something that will have to be done.

We have to have the following and also please note all club officers have to be current AMA members President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Safety Officer, and Field Marshall. All these positions are required to get and maintain an AMA charter.

We are going to need to all pull together to get this club of the ground. Literally, that means we need help from any source we can get it. Please keep in mind we want the dues to be as low a possible. That means we need to look at ways to raise money.

One avenue to do this might be some type of raffle. We might be able to raffle of a trainer plane and free flying lessons. Please keep this in mind and make any suggestions at the meeting.

A final thought we had a great meeting, some of the people that joined Thistledowns last year might not know this but of all the meeting I went to which was all of them we never had a turn out even close to as good as we had Monday night, we have momentum on our side lets keep it going.

I think for the most part we have put behind us what transpired at Thistledowns the last couple of years. We really have a bright future at this new site. Let’s all take advantage of it.

Lastly I would like to mention, Mr. Merle Riegsecker the property owner is bending over backwards to help us out. He is willing to use his own tractor to do the grading work. He is making a big effort to get things going for us. He is really looking forward to our success. When you see him at the meeting please shake his hand.

PS. If you can not make the meeting give me a call. Let me know if you could make arrangements to get your dues money in. If needed I will be willing to meet you somewhere to get it picked up. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.