Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Back in the saddle after 6 months

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Back in the saddle after 6 months

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Back in the saddle after 6 months

I got my LT-40 out today and got 3 flights in.

I've been laid up for almost 4 months now. I got in a pretty good car wreck back in early January.

Broke my left arm, left leg, squashed my left kidney to smitherines, and blew out 2 discs in my lower back. Bones are healed, and I'm drinking less beer (only got 1 kidney now), but I'm gonna have surgery on my back in a couple weeks.

I hadn't flown an airplane since early last fall. I'd planned on doing a bunch of ski flying this winter, but it's a bit hard to muscle up to the flightline on crutches and holding your TX in your arm when it's wrapped up in a cast and sling.[&:]

I talked my wife into loading my plane and flightbox into my truck this morning. I can't lift a gallon of milk. I swindled my 4yr old daughter into going with me--so that I would have a slave----er, I mean assistant to help me unload the truck.

I gassed up the trusty old LT-40 with TH .75 engine and she kicked off after a few flips.

My knees were-a-shakin' and my mouth sure was dry- but it felt darn good to bang the sticks again. I sat down on the back of the tailgate and even let my daughter sit on my lap for the second flight. She would hold the TX- while I "helped" her fly daddys' plane. I got 3 good flights and then decided to haul it in. I left the plane in the back of the truck and locked the camper shell tonight...........weather permitting, tomorrow, I'm gonna do it again.

I missed this hobby. It felt great to just get outside and FLY.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:08 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Back in the saddle after 6 months

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad you're recovering and still have your priorities straight.
Dennis-
Old 04-24-2005, 07:37 AM
ben flyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gald to see you back. Life is so fraglie... we all seem to forget. It's nice to see you enjoy the small things in life, and that for sure, is what we take for granted. I hope you recover well!
Mark
Old 04-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the kind words.

It's snowin'--so no flying today. But, I checked my schedule, and I'm not doing anything for the next 2-3 months anyway.

I can't wait to go flyin' again. I woke up this morning with such a big smile on my face. Even though it's snowin' --I am still on a kinda high from yesterdays outing.

Snow doesn't last long around here in the spring. As soon as the sun peaks out-- it'll all get zapped with UV rays and melt in a hurry. Maybe tomorrow.

One thing that my wife pointed out----I'm a cheap date--- 'cause I can get fallin' down drunk on 3 beers.