Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ebay seller BAD NEWS

Old 10-01-2002, 11:25 AM
RCaeroguy
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay seller BAD NEWS

Hey guys. There's this seller on Ebay that goes by the name of busterdeals. He's stiffed quite a few people on R/C equipment. Take the money and run. He took me on a Futaba Buddy box. He got the money order and I still don't have the box. Many Many others in the same boat as me. I've taken the matter up with the Ebay authorities and the fraud authorities but nothing resolved yet. Stay clear of BUSTERDEALS!!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 12:13 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ebay

Did you leave a nasty feedback for "Busterdeals"? Did you check his feedback before you bid on your item?

I make it a point to never bid on any item from a seller with any negative feedback unless I have a very good reason for it.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:56 PM
rcflier_gi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy seemed to be a good seller for awhile. He built up a couple hundred positive feedbacks with just a couple negatives and then he did a switch-a-roo and has gotten 20+ negatives. He no longer posts items and seems to have disappeared.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:21 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

That's about the size of it. A worst-case scenario. Nobody could have seen that coming. I bet the guy has died, or is in the hospital, or something, because there was no hint of any problem up until very recently. I can't blame the buyers for not seeing the feedback, as when they bid, his feedback was okay.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:43 PM
Sawyer692-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

try this: http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp It worked for me, even on a $35 engine.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:11 PM
twinbrother
My Feedback: (7)

Ebay seller: rocky_models_hk

I wanted to share my experience with one Ebayer on a recent purchase hoping others don't fall into the same trap with this seller. The ebay seller is rocky_models_hk and this ebayer sells RC airplane stuff. I purchased a set of Lander Full Metal 90 Degree Electric Retract Main Gear in Dec. The retracts arrived a couple of weeks later from Hong Kong. While testing, one of the retracts stopped working. I tried getting it to work again, but no success. I contacted the seller and he told me to put some oil on the turning mechanism. He assured me if it didn't work, he would warranty the item for a full replacement. I did that and no success. I discovered, after inspecting the motor, that it burnt out. I emailed the seller letting him know and no response. I emailed him 2 more times about the burnt motor and no response.

After repeated attempts of contacting rocky_models_hk without a response, I opened a Paypal resolution case. The seller immediately closed the resolution the next day. He ignores my emails but finds time to close the resolution. Immediately, I escalate it to a claim. Due to the lack of response from the seller, Paypal found in my favor and is awarding me a full refund. I, however, had to spend $35 to send back the retracts to Hong Kong.

rocky_models_hk has a 99.2% rating. However, I noticed the seller provides no customer service. If the item you purchase arrives working, then it all works out. However, if you get a damaged or broken item, the seller not only ignores you, he rebutts by saying the buyer never responds to him. Apparently, he's done this on a number of occasions with other buyers based on the rating reviews I've read.

Fellow RC modelers, you are more than welcome to purchase from this seller. However, if your item is damaged or broken, you will have to spend the money shipping it back to Hong Kong, which isn't cheap, or you're left with an expensive DOA product. Every time I ask for the warranty, rocky_models_hk ignores me. Only through ebay and paypal did I get my money back...less $35 for shipping the DOA product back to him.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:42 PM
aerobatixkid

Umm.. this thread is from 2002........... what's up with the grave digging?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:43 PM
twinbrother

If there was a seller on ebay that provided poor customer service, I would like to know about it. I thought putting it on this thread would be easier than starting a new one.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 PM
MetallicaJunkie

thats one reason i refuse to pay with a money order online especially on ebay....ive only made the exception twice and it was here on rcu, and those two individual were avid/regular posters on here with excellent FB
Old 01-27-2014, 12:39 PM
twinbrother

rocky_models_hk: FROM BAD SELLER TO TERRIBLE SELLER!!!

Paypal just emailed me today that rocky_models_hk tried to appeal the refund I got for the broken retracts. I sent back the broken retracts to the seller, rocky_models_hk, and the seller has the audacity to ask for the money I was refunded. That's some balls right there. rocky_models_hk sells me broken retracts, gets them sent back to him, and on top of that, wants to keep the money that was refunded to me. If that doesn't say bad ebay seller, I don't know what does.

BEWARE ebay seller rocky_models_hk!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 AM
topspin

That's theft right there. Unfortunately there are a lot of Hong Kong businesses that operate that way. There are a few that are honest but not many.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:42 AM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

This is so funny!!!.. If anyone knows me, or seen my post... I made mention about ratings and how I think people should READ them...just to make sure the guy is on the up and up!!...This guy gets screwed, because he didn't look....oh well!!!...all i can say...oh well!!!....

here is my thread... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...ease-read.html