Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

PLEASE SHOOT ME!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 07:33 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PLEASE SHOOT ME!

i've just spent an hour on the "new and improved" JR site and need a bullet to put me out of my misery.

why should i have to wade through what seems like 100 pages just to find a single crystal?? i thought maybe horizon had enough brains to make a better site this time around but i guess i was being too optimistic. i want to kick my monitor

at least they were thoughtful enough to have a "site feedback" link so users could send them nasty remarks

dave
Old 06-01-2005, 07:39 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Default RE: PLEASE SHOOT ME!

ORIGINAL: ZAGNUT

at least they were thoughtful enough to have a "site feedback" link so users could send them nasty remarks

dave
Well they need something to laugh about when they get to work in the morning.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

i've just spent an hour on the "new and improved" JR site and need a bullet to put me out of my misery.

why should i have to wade through what seems like 100 pages just to find a single crystal?? i thought maybe horizon had enough brains to make a better site this time around but i guess i was being too optimistic. i want to kick my monitor

dave
We're on the same page there. I went through that site, looking for a module or crystal, and no way could I find them with a simple search. For a crystal or module, you should be able to get there in about two keystrokes or mouse clicks. All I wanted to know was whether a certain radio used a replaceable crystal or a replaceable module. I don't think I ever found it on that site.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horizon's site is terrible. I had the chance to review and comment on it when it was in beta test. I sent a bunch of comments to the webmaster, but none were implemented. It seems they wanted to improve their web site in the worst way, and that's exactly what they did.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
FOD MAN

///
Old 06-02-2005, 12:28 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Feedback, sure.

http://www.towerhobbies.com

Let em know with your wallet
Old 06-02-2005, 02:32 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with you on this one. I think Horizon's website is the worst for finding anything. I have done several searches with the exact entry as the item is named on their site and never had the item come up on the reply. One of the worst sites for finding anything that I have ever run across.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:23 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm, just visited the Horizon site. Typed "Crystal" in the search area and found them in 6.4 seconds. [>:][>:][>:][>:]
Old 06-02-2005, 03:39 PM
ZAGNUT

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

Hmmm, just visited the Horizon site. Typed "Crystal" in the search area and found them in 6.4 seconds. [>:][>:][>:][>:]

ha ha very funny, now go and try to find a specific channel and be greated with 20 pages to weed through

horizon is the enemy

dave
Old 06-02-2005, 03:56 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ha ha very funny, now go and try to find a specific channel and be greated with 20 pages to weed through

horizon is the enemy

dave
The reason you have to go through 20 pages of crystals is pretty simple.... It is called "lots of stuff to satisfy their customers various needs"

You'd probably be more pi$$ed if they only had 5 to choose from.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

I agree with the original post. I like to "browse" looking for things to buy. Not on their site. I don't like the new great planes site either. Different strokes.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
ZAGNUT

ORIGINAL: John Christensen

The reason you have to go through 20 pages of crystals is pretty simple.... It is called "lots of stuff to satisfy their customers various needs"

You'd probably be more pi$$ed if they only had 5 to choose from.

what i really want is to see a single page for all crystals. no need for a picture and description of all 60 crystals of the same type. use one picture for each crystal type with a pull-down menu for selecting channel number....or maybe the folks at FMA have a patent on this advanced system of building a user-friendly site?

wonder how many people actually buy stuff from the horizon sites??

dave
Old 06-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Horizons site sucks--no question about it.

I've even called them to tell them how much it sucks.

I was TRYING to buy some stuff from Horizons site about a month ago. After searching and sorting through endless drivel--I FINALLY found the parts and items I wanted to purchase.

I couldn't add the stuff to my shopping cart. I was refreshing and clicking to purchase the items, but to no avail. I must have spent over an hour just searching for a few simple parts for a Zenoah engine. Then I couldn't purchase them online because they wouldn't register in my shopping cart. I even disconnected from the internet and tried a new connection. No good.

I finally wrote down the part numbers and just called them to place the order.

I told them about my problems while trying to purchase the items online.

It's amazing to me that the Tower Hobbies site is SO EASY to search and surf for what you need. It's clear and concise. When you search for crystals--you get RX and TX crystals--not colored rocks or some other BS that has NOTHING to do with your search inputs--Horizon.

Servo City is easy to navigate and search.

Chief Aircraft is easy, but their search function kinda sucks. I can NEVER find parts at Chief--maybe they don't cary replacement gears for JR servos and maybe they don't carry TX crystals. If they DO--then they could use a little updating too.

I don't know how much Horizon spent to "update" and change their website--but however much it was--they got ripped off.

As mentioned earlier--show Horizon how much you like their site buy getting out your credit card and heading over to Tower Hobbies.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always received great service for Horizon, but I don't like their website. Let's use servos for an example. If I am looking for digital servos and want to compare stats for all of their offerings, I don't see an easy way to do this. Tower's site is better, but for radio equipment, it is much easier for me to find what I want on Servo City's site.

I know Horizon and Tower have many more products than Servo City, so it may not be fair to compare these sites, but there has to be a more user friendly format than what Horizon is currently using.

Eric
Old 06-02-2005, 08:37 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, can I get in on the Horizon website bashing?? I too think their website leaves a lot to be desired. Recently I was looking for a 3-1/2" spinner for the Hanger 9 P-40. On Tower's website I could search for spinners, and it would give me the list found. I could quickly scroll down the list and stop at the red ones. On Horizon the same search turned up a list, but only about 20% of that list had pictures. It was a mind numbing experience to go through the list on Horizon's site.

I called Tower searching for this spinner, the customer service rep was no help at all trying to find it. Now for the upside. I called Horizon, I told the rep I was looking for something on the P-40 that was hard to find. Immediately she asked if I was looking for the spinner, red, 3-1/2". She knew what I was looking for, and was very cheerful and pleasant, but still didn't have it. In fact, nobody has it.

Final report. Tower's site is great, Horizon's stinks. Tower's staff is ok, Horizon's is great!

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 06-02-2005, 09:12 PM
ben flyn

Me too! I wrote Horizon and complaned; it went in one ear and out the other. Do they listen? Do they care?

As for Zagnut .... JR doesn't like pilots using their radio wearing nothing but a butt thong! So of course they make you wade though 50 pages to find a crystal![X(]
Old 06-03-2005, 05:36 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Horizon- Web site -10 = SUCKS BIG TIME !
Service +10
I gave up long ago with there web site, I just call them to place an order. The one time I did find the part I wanted, I to had to refresh several times and ended up ordering the parts six times. There customer rep. was nice enough to call me and ask if I really wanted the order duplicated six times.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:02 AM
IronCross

As above, I just end up calling them.. That is one of the most frustrating sites I have ever tried to use... Maybe Tower just has me spoiled...
Old 06-03-2005, 09:15 AM
FOD MAN

you think thats bad, you ought to try Mikes hobbies web site in carrolton tx. if they had death as an option you would click on it.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
IronCross

Funny, you would think these places would want your business and make it easy for you to use there sites...
Old 06-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Rcpilot

ORIGINAL: IronCross

Funny, you would think these places would want your business and make it easy for you to use there sites...
You'd think

I'll bet the problem is that when you file a complaint via the web and tell them how much the site sucks----it goes straight to the person/company that they are paying to maintain the website.

That person/company is not about to cut their own throat and inform Horizon how many complaints they get. So, the higher ups at Horizon really have no idea how much we all hate it. He never gets wind of the problem.

And when you call to place an order,--if you off-handedly mention that your having trouble with the website--your complaining to a person who just wants to take your order. They are getting paid to take orders over the phone and NOT to log complaints about the website.

It will probably NEVER get solved, unless someone really important at Horizon reads this thread.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:35 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

It will probably NEVER get solved, unless someone really important at Horizon reads this thread
Call Horizon and talk to them. Tell them directly. In spite of what you may think, you can get through to them on the phone

Horizon Hobby, Inc.
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822

Main Phone: (217) 352-1913
Toll-Free: (800) 338-4639
Support Phone: (877) 504-0233
Sales Phone: (800) 338-4639
Fax: (217) 355-1552
Call the Main Phone Number and ask to speak to Mike. If not him you can speak to other Horizon reps that DO care what you think about the website. Instead of sitting here hoping somebody from Horizon reads this call them and tell them.

Ken
Old 06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Rcpilot

Whats Mike McConnville got to do with it?

I thought he designed airplanes. I doubt that he wants a call from me--just to hear me whine and complain about how much the website sucks.

I'd love to talk to the guy--but I'm NOT going to call Mike and b*tch at HIM about the website.

As for calling and complaining--I've done it numerous times already. Probably at least 4 or 5 times in the past 2 years.

I get frustrated and mad--while trying to use the site--and I call them up and vent and offer suggestions.

Hasn't worked yet.

So--as myself and another member posted earlier--show them how much you like their website by pulling out the credit card and going here:

www.towerhobbies.com

or here:

www.servocity.com

or here:

www.fmadirect.com

Believe me when I tell you that I've tried. I have tried. But, I'm not in this hobby for the frustration. I'm tired of beating my head against a rock with Horizon--so I don't shop there unless I absoltely CAN'T find it anywhere else.

I'll spend hours on the computer searching for some other place to buy what I want--rather than give Horizon another penny.

I'd like to be flying one of Mikes big Extras or Edges--but I am just so upset with them after YEARS of having a bad website--that I either buy other ARFs, from other online sites, or build kits.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Maybe we should do a poll. Horizon VS Tower.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
IronCross

I too have expressed my opinio every time I have had to call Horizon over the past couple of years... The site seems to just get worse.. Not to happy with the service anymore either...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.