Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

i4c Whistle for my Voodoo

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i4c Whistle for my Voodoo

Well I broke down and ordered me a set of whistles for my Voodoo. Should have them in a week or so and we'll see how it goes. This seems like just the kind of plane to try this thing on.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i4c Whistle for my Voodoo

Hey Snoops - Didn't know that youdoo a voodoo. Do you know anyone else up there whodoo a voodoo. If youdoo a voodoo, and they do a voodoo, you won't know whodoo what voodoo ? Somedoo a voodoo without whistles. Why whistles ?

Seeya in 2 weeks !
Old 06-10-2005, 07:11 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put one in my F-20. Havn't had a chance to try it out yet.

Jim, who you trying to hoodoo?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

A guy in our club has a couple on his GP 60 Stick. They whistle. What else can you say. Next project is to put them on the bombs he drops.
Edwin
Old 06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

If your plane is pretty loud it's kind of hard to hear them over the noise.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Jim, I am bringing out a huge 16x8 storage container to keep all the stuff in overnight. Every year as you know, it always rains or the wind blows the first night and everybody who is camped out has to scurry to get the stuf out of the way. You and your "gaggle" are more than welcome to keep stuff in it that you don't feel like packing the first night (to include remains)

ORIGINAL: GeeBeeJim

Hey Snoops - Didn't know that youdoo a voodoo. Do you know anyone else up there whodoo a voodoo. If youdoo a voodoo, and they do a voodoo, you won't know whodoo what voodoo ? Somedoo a voodoo without whistles. Why whistles ?

Seeya in 2 weeks !
Old 06-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Ed

ORIGINAL: Snoop Doggy Bag

Jim, I am bringing out a huge 16x8 storage container to keep all the stuff in overnight. Every year as you know, it always rains or the wind blows the first night and everybody who is camped out has to scurry to get the stuf out of the way. You and your "gaggle" are more than welcome to keep stuff in it that you don't feel like packing the first night (to include remains)
Thanks for the offer Mikey and I'll pass the word, but as for myself, I'm completely self contained. Just bringing my Chipmunk. May come up a day early and fly on Friday also, just to fill out the weekend, and make the trip worthwhile. Keep them prizes dry.

> Jim

Be real careful with that Voodoo ........... Don't turn it into a pile of DooDoo.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Well I don't know how well these will work but the shipping was spectacular. I figured a week at least and was only a few days. Going to try them out on Monday
Old 06-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Ed

I have them on my Spit for years now, they work good, but are speed critical. It is best to detune one so that It'll kick in at a different speed.

> Jim
Old 06-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Heres the whistle update. First off it is a P-51 wing. I had mounted them on the bottom on the front side of the spar near the wing tip. Did not hear much but once in a while during a turn or something but basically nothing.

The other day I relocated them behind the spar and today we did yield better results but only on final approach to landing, Sounded real nice like a turbine spooling down as it got slower but the same problem exists during level high speed passes-I get nothing.

So I am not sure if I am at my aft limit and re mount between the two current locations or move it further back.

Thing is if it were a semi symetrical wing, it would not be an issue on the bottom of the wing, like a trainer .
Old 06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Live Wire

Snoop
Restrict the inlet on the whistles and you will be able to play Dixie to much air will cancel the whistle sound and change the tone Play on
Edit
One of these days I will proof read and then
Old 06-20-2005, 03:29 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hawk, you should use these whistles next time you aim for a tent...let the fellas know you're coming

dave
Old 06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Live Wire

Zag
I don't think some of these guys could hear a freight train if they were sitting on the track.
Edit
What do you mean aim that is how you get lined up with the run way that was the flight line where every one flew from