Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Sig Komander

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 08:39 PM
cloudnine
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Komander

My Dad gave me what turned out to be a Sig Komander that a friend of his gave to him. So far from what I can tell only the canopy is missing. The plane is nearly complete but would like to see some pictures of it. All I can find on the internet is the one from the box. Also, does anyone out there have a canopy for this plane that I can buy?
Old 01-05-2002, 03:49 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sig Komander

I have two Kommanders...one NIB and the other 'retired' after 4 years of flying - they are great flying machines!

I lost a canopy once, and Sig still had them in stock - but that was a couple (4-5) years ago. You might try calling them. If I remember correctly, they MADE the various parts for their kits back then and still might have the mold.

Jerry
Old 01-05-2002, 12:32 PM
cloudnine

Default Sig Komander

Tried Sig first thing. They didn't have it . But not giving up hope as of yet.

Also would like to see more pics have had some posted in other forums: rcwatch.com I would like to see a close up of the canopy on the plane if possible.
Old 01-05-2002, 04:34 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default canopy

Yep, the canopy attachment/wing/fuselage and all that is a bit of a builder....but it works!

Jerry
Old 01-07-2002, 05:54 AM
pitts pilot

Default komander canopy

I have a canopy for a sig komander that I never installed .It is a little scratched up but still ok. If you want it just send me your address and I will mail it out to you for nothing Incidentally mine has been flying for over 10 years on floats without a scratch.The washout cut into the foam cores makes it a very forgiveable airplane. My Email is [email protected]
Old 01-08-2002, 10:23 AM
pitts pilot

Default Sig Komander

Wade, the canopy is on its way. I live in British Columbia so it might take awhile to get there. It has been sitting on the shelf for over ten years so I'm glad to give it to someone who can use it.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:28 PM
cloudnine

Default Sig Komander

Thank You, no rush. I'm still working on a Goldberg Cub. I'm up to sanding now <ugh> not my favorite part either, hehe.
Old 01-19-2002, 10:09 AM
cloudnine

Default Thank you pitts pilot

Got the canopy pitts pilot. Thank you very much. I can hardly wait to get this plane in the air.

Again thank you
Old 10-26-2014, 11:39 PM
robbtennis

Hello gents, I'm looking for a Komander canopy as well since I recently landed my show quality model in an oak tree. I am beginning to reconstruct her with modifications inc retracts and alternative tail configuration since I never liked the original. I plan to post progress here so stay tuned and please advise me if a canopy happens to cross your path. Thank you in advance!