Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC SHOP IN BANGKOK?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:22 AM
blindfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC SHOP IN BANGKOK?

HEY ALL,
AS IM HEADING EAST FOR VECATION, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A RC SHOP IN BANGKOK OR THAILAND?
I CAN ONLY ASSUME PRICES WILL BE LOWER.. HA HA...

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT
Old 07-21-2005, 06:03 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC SHOP IN BANGKOK?

try www.minicrafthobby.com for starters. Have fun in Bangkok and do not go anywhere near k*ds!!! Please do try all the food, its safe and wonderful!!! Have a great time there ... the women are so nice, I should know, I am neighbours with Thailand, hehehee ...
Old 07-21-2005, 12:12 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: tIANci

try www.minicrafthobby.com for starters. Have fun in Bangkok and do not go anywhere near k*ds!!! Please do try all the food, its safe and wonderful!!! Have a great time there ... the women are so nice...
But one does need to be sure it's actually a woman.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:48 PM
thedak
My Feedback: (21)

If you are going to Thailand, I would be worried about finding a hobby store. I would be looking for the massage parlors.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:22 PM
tIANci

Piper!!! Where have you been? Not seen you for so long and the first thing I read about you is all this? Hahahaha ... The women in Thailand are really nice ... very pretty and soft spoken. I went to Phulet for a holiday and I was smitten!!! I like Asian as I am Asian but the Thai's were a wonderful package ... not only looks but their personality and culture. I have to make a trip to Phulet again ... any of you wanna come over in December? Let's have a RCU International Fly In ... Phuket 2005!!! Hahahahahaa ...
Old 07-22-2005, 07:30 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Piper!!! Where have you been? Not seen you for so long and the first thing I read about you is all this? Hahahaha ... The women in Thailand are really nice ... very pretty and soft spoken. I went to Phulet for a holiday and I was smitten!!! I like Asian as I am Asian but the Thai's were a wonderful package ... not only looks but their personality and culture. I have to make a trip to Phulet again ... any of you wanna come over in December? Let's have a RCU International Fly In ... Phuket 2005!!! Hahahahahaa ...
I've been lurking while getting my boats ready to race. December probably wouldn't work, but I'm starting to get pressured to go to Shanghai for new year. Wonder if I could arrange a side trip as part of the deal...
Old 07-23-2005, 01:40 AM
tIANci

Piper ... if you are going to Shanghai then you really have to drop by Malaysia, make sure you arrange it as part of the package! BTW what boats?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:56 AM
piper_chuck

When I started R/C many, many years ago, it was boats. For a while I raced. This spring I decided to get back into it. Last weekend I raced a 3.5cc tunnel hull. I won all 4 heats and was the only undefeated person in any class. I also raced a 41" mono hull with a modified Zenoah G23 that I just finished the day before the race. A couple minor errors (1 bad driving and one bad equipment setup) caused me to not start in 2 heats so I only came in 4th.

We'll see about Malaysia. I'm also lobying for a business trip which would probably include a visit to KL.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:48 PM
tIANci

One of the guys at the field today spoke about boats ... I am thinking ... hehehe ...
Old 07-23-2005, 05:36 PM
DaveB

For what it's worth, I am now retired, but during my working years I traveled to Asia several several times per year.
I always looked out for hobby shops and model factories, but I came away convinced that the best buys were right here in the good old USA.

DaveB
Old 07-23-2005, 10:40 PM
tIANci

Dave is right in general RC hobby is cheaper in the US, only a few items are cheaper in Asia. Planes generally are not one of them. But the food is difinately very good!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 05:56 AM
piper_chuck

Dave must have access to better shops than I do. For many things I found better prices in Shanghai and Singapore than I can get here. I also found things there that were difficult or impossible to find in the US.