Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Back in the saddle....FINALY!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Back in the saddle....FINALY!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 08:01 AM
SloFlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in the saddle....FINALY!!!!!

Well, its been 5 years since I was last behind the sticks. Moved to colorado bout 5 years ago and just plain havn't had time to get back up in the air..... I spent about a year and a half building a sig SE (off and on...between apartments....not having places to setup and build)..... Finished that about 6 months ago after I bought my house, but never had time to get it in the air. Well, about 3 months ago I bought my wife a Balsa USA stick .40 (the best trainer ever, what myself, my brother, my other brother, my cousin, my uncle...ect learned to fly on) and took her out yesterday in a field near our house. Seems like I never stopped flying. I wasnt comfortable letting my wife fly since there was about a 10mph wind blowing across the field, but I had the time of my life..... The first take off was a little hairy (engine wasnt developing full power), but after that everything was perfect. I greased every landing (dead stick....engine is just basicly not set up perfectly yet)....had a blast......

Anyway, just wanted to share my glee with you all....DANG I LOVE THIS HOBBY....my wallet however, doesn't much care for it. Just need to get a 60 for my SE and I'll be tearing it up with that too.....and then there's my 1/3 GP Extra 330L....be a while but that will be fun!!!

SloFlight (Micah)