Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Macs Products customer service problem

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Macs Products customer service problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Frag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macs Products customer service problem

I ordered and recieved a flex pipe and adapter for my Saito 1.80. After just running in the engine, the flex pipe cracked. Since the pipe was high temp siliconed into the adapter it was impossible to remove the remnants of the pipe. I called Macs Products and they said send in the old one and a new one would be sent to replace it. Its been about 2 months and 5 or 6 calls and they just keep saying 'Oh yeah it'll go out tomorrow' or "oh its on the list, we gotta mill it out' Today they don't answer the phone...what the ? I need this part so I can fly the dang plane, its ready except for this one thing![:@]

If I hadn't already cut the cowl to work with the adapter and flex pipe I'd say screw it and figure something else out.

I doubt if I'd ever use Macs Products again.[:'(]

This is not a flame. Its just the facts.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Frag

Default RE: Macs Products customer service problem

FINALLY - the part arrived today
Old 08-19-2005, 07:13 PM
tubig

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i was going to order some exhaust components from them and after several days of calling they still don't answer the phone. are they still in business?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Frag

I don't know?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 AM
magnumeng
My Feedback: (8)

They better be still in business... I ordered a header pipe when I was at Toledo in April and still have not gotten it. I have given them the benifit of the dought but not anymore...
Old 08-24-2005, 08:54 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

They are still in business as I just spoke to the guy (don't know his name) the other day to order another header. The 1st one I ordered was the wrong size (my fault). I mailed it back and he'll be sending the correct pipe. really nice guy and very helpful. It was weird though when I was trying to phone them. The phone line was busy and once I got through, nobody answered. Eventually I did talk to someone. So far, I have no problems with Macs.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:58 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

I ordered a pipe for a OS 61FSR in JANUARY and after about 4 phone calls, got it in MAY. No orders for them from me any time soon. [:@]
Old 08-26-2005, 04:19 AM
tubig

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i found what i needed through Tower. they have Macs products but not the complete line.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:35 AM
magnumeng
My Feedback: (8)

Talked to MACS last night. they stated that my header had finally been made and is being shipped last night. I just hope I get it soon. My next project (AKM - SU 27) is waiting on that to see what mods I have to do to get the pipe to fit and blend in.

MAC has a great product. Just don't order a part for an odd ball engine that is not being made anymore. That is where they are a little slow it seems. I got my pipes and other headers right away last time I ordered them.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:18 AM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

They are still in business as I just spoke to the guy (don't know his name) the other day to order another header. The 1st one I ordered was the wrong size (my fault). I mailed it back and he'll be sending the correct pipe. really nice guy and very helpful. It was weird though when I was trying to phone them. The phone line was busy and once I got through, nobody answered. Eventually I did talk to someone. So far, I have no problems with Macs .
Well, just an update to my own post. I sent back the wrong hearder in late August and still haven't received the replacement. I have called twice and the guy says "We've been backed up. Should go out this week, blah, blah". The last time I called he said that he was aware they still hadn't sent it and my response was " I guess I'll keep waiting then". No reply from him. "Good bye". This place is starting to pizz me off. He should clearly state on his website that certain items may take a long time to get sent out. Or someting like that. I didn't order an odd-ball item either. Even still, how long does it take to make a 12" header pipe? Whatever[:@] So much for customer service.