The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Didn't know it would come to this

Old 10-23-2002, 02:01 AM
UsedBits-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Didn't know it would come to this

Wow. As a long-time member of RCOnline (now RCAirport), I only recently learned of RCUniverse. My original question "Which came first?" was a genuine question - not an attempt to start a flame war.

The confusing part to me was the similarity in the forum design. Frankly, I see no need for two 'competing' forums. Having just become an RCAirport moderator (Trailers), I was concerned at the very low activity. The RCO that I used a year ago has trailed off, considerably, in volume. It surprised me.

Then I heard about RCUniverse. I checked it out. I joined. I posted my question. I have not asked the question on RCAirport - only here.

It has been over a year since I regularly visited RCOnline. A divorce, then getting laid off, then other personal travails conspired to cause me to be unable to enjoy my hobby. Now that things are beginning to return to normal, I revisited my old haunt, RCOnline.

Then it changed to RCAirport. As a consumer, I dislike all these changes. I disliked the changes beginning about 2 years ago with RCOnline. I remember another site starting up in response to the RCO changes. It might have been RCUniverse. I might have joined at that time. But I don't remember. Too much has happened in my life.

Anyway, I like both sites. It is an honor to be a moderator at RCAirport. But there is little activity in my forum.

Thanks, everyone, for the posts, the history lesson, and the honor of reading posts from founders of both web sites. Freedom of expression lives!
Old 10-23-2002, 02:28 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Steve,

Glad to see you back among us... How are your BTE model sites doing? Now that I have a digital camera I can finally put an image with my Delta Vortex ARF story...
Old 10-23-2002, 04:14 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Steve: I enjoyed your contributions when we were on RCO and I know that you will continue on in the same form here, so welcome to our little slice of the world. Oh BTW I was the 'Old Goat' at RCO, later.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:13 PM
UsedBits-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Many thanks

Thanks Art and Galen. It's nice to recognize some of the 'old' folks. (pun intended!)
Old 10-23-2002, 02:25 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the BTE sites. I have spent a lot of time on the Delta Vortex site. I have #1 done and will be getting to #2 later this winter. Keep up the good work!

Greg
Old 10-25-2002, 12:07 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Art, You are still the "Old Goat".....a leopard can't change its spots, or old fogies get younger

Jerry
Old 10-25-2002, 03:21 AM
LarryC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Steve,

I'm glad to see another of the locals on RCU. Did you find the trailer photo thread I was telling you about?

Larry
Old 10-25-2002, 03:42 AM
GrnBrt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by tailskid
Art, You are still the "Old Goat".....a leopard can't change its spots, or old fogies get younger

Jerry
SIGH Jerry, you sure know how to hurt a guy don't you????
Old 10-25-2002, 05:03 AM
CaptKAOS
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yep............but what's that ol' sayin'............................................ ....
If the shoe fits.......wear it....... ya ol' Goat........
LOL

Just remember........it ain't the AGE that'll getchya...........................
It's the..............MILES!!........

Welcome to the wonderful world of RCUNIVERSE Steve......ya may remember me from RCO too........

The Old Troll is still kickin'.......but kinda weakly......last time I talked to him......his arthritis was kinda gettin him dow......that's what high mileage does to ya sometimes........ :}
Old 10-25-2002, 12:11 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Art,

I go right for the soft spot

Jerry
Old 10-25-2002, 04:00 PM
GrnBrt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ah heck, that means I'm an easy target as the Wife says that I'm soft all over.......................HMMMMMMMMM???? I wonder how she meant that one??? Yes the Old Troll is moving slowly these days, but we still stay in contact. He doesn't come to the boards anymore, burned out on them.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:42 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Them was some good memories way back then.....and a lot of laughs.

A forum is only as good as its users, and how well the moderators manage the fringe elements........you will find good friendly folks at this, and many other forums.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Russ Verbael

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Trailer Input to Steve's Web Site

Steve

Do you remember the amazing picture of my wife and I loading an RC trailer that I bought back in Wisconsin?

We were using unbelievably crude jury-rigged scaffolding and ramps to get the little beast up onto the truck.

I enjoyed your web site. Welcome to RCU.

Perhaps you could do more RC trailer stuff.

Russ V.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:23 AM
UsedBits-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Trailer forum

Russ,

I'd love to see a trailer forum created here in RCU, but since my original inquiry about "Which came first . . ." has created somewhat of a rukus, I'm reluctant to suggest it.

Yes, indeed, I'm the Trailer forum moderator in RCA. Frankly, I'm shocked that anyone would/could have known that when I posted my question here.

There is no indication of my RCA status contained in my joriginal RCU question. It is only through the sharp eyes and mind of an alert reader that 'caught' me in the act of posting questions on both forums.

Although I was falsly accused of 'trolling' on behalf of my RCA forum, I don't want to again be a lightning rod for negative attention. Hence, my reluctance to lobby for a Trailer forum over here.

And, to answer your question, yes, indeed, I remember the trailer being loaded onto a trailer which was already loaded onto the back of a flatbed truck What a photo !
Old 10-27-2002, 07:58 AM
Russ Verbael

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Loading RC Trailer

Back by popular demand. Here it is again.

And, Do Not Let The Flamers Bum You Out!!!! I can't believe that we can get so worked up over something so trivial...sorta says something about the people doing the flaming. Like the 80 percenters in a club that NEVER lift a finger to help but flap their gums by the hour criticizing the 20 percent that do all the work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	32596_5580.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	20136  
Old 10-27-2002, 10:21 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Steve don,t be upset, Stay around and enjoy and by all means keep up the good work at the RCA trailer forum. I think thats a great idea for a forum. because of the original wording of your posting some just misconstrued that it was just trolling for posters elsewhere. That is something that has occured from enthusiast for just about all these forums at there inceptions. As a result of this thread I did check your forum out there and thourghly enjoyed it. If I had the knowledge to post photos I would have contributed.

Unfortunately I suspect the idea of a trailer forum here probably would not work just as a little while back some of us tried to get a multi engine forum and when a vote was taken we got completely voted down actually with quite a bit of venom. I am sure as a result of narrowmindeness. Interesting piece of human nature I suppose.

Russ, Now that is some shot. I gotta know it appears your trailer is being loaded on the back of a flat bed truck that is all ready loaded on a car hauler trailer, Huh? I think at Quartzite Russ I had my little trailer, Maybe it was the year before, that you may have seen. I love that old thing someday I dream about fixing it up properly for a plane hauler. Its a 1958 Loyld Alexander pickup truck with the cab and engine mount cut off the single tube chassis. With the 13 inch wheels all the way in the rear and independant suspension that guy is the best light load high speed towing trailer ever. Have owned it since 59 when I was fourteen and it has completed four trips years ago between L.A. and Daytona Beach hauling motorcycles and you would not even know it was there.

John
Old 10-29-2002, 02:54 AM
Russ Verbael

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default , RC Trailers; The Rest of The Story

John

I buy, sell, deliver old cars all over the country...(Montana Collector Cars)... and after agreeing to deliver a 1934 Ford truck to a guy in Ohio, noticed an RC trailer for sale in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.

After being assured of how light it was and how anyone could pick it up with practically no effort, I bought it...Sight Unseen.

When I pulled in to load the little beast, I had a full engineering challenge as to how I was going to get it up on the '34 Truck which was already on the car trailer. Home Depot came through with $20 worth of planks and neighborhood scounging did the rest.

My wife and I built a very rickety support system and winched the RC trailer up on the 34 truck with a "comealong"...inch at a time.

Worst part was to listen to my wife's comments as I stopped the progress long enough to record the event on film.

The trailer has been back and forth to Arizona 3 times without any serious problems and serves us well.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:36 AM
GrnBrt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now that's a hoot!!! If I hadn't seen the picture posted I wouldn't have believed it.