Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

FLYBOY and our new plane

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 AM
justrfb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLYBOY and our new plane

Flyboy,
Bravo!! It is nice to see you standing there... Beautiful plane also. I have to ask, I asked in one of your threads after your accident but it got lost in the shuffle... How is your boss(?), the guy you were flying around to take pictures when you had your accident? Also, in your post above where you allude to leaving a manual in the box in stead of a filter... Was that the cause of your engine out? If I am out of line asking I am sorry. I will be praying for your continued recovery to full!
Old 10-18-2005, 05:52 PM
mulligan

cough- photoshop- cough
Old 10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
culver

Bet pain or not you were up the step and in there checking out the controls, radios and other amenities real quick when they let you get near it. Let us know how the first flights go if you can stop shaking with excitement long enough to type.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: justrfb

Flyboy,
Bravo!! It is nice to see you standing there... Beautiful plane also. I have to ask, I asked in one of your threads after your accident but it got lost in the shuffle... How is your boss(?), the guy you were flying around to take pictures when you had your accident? Also, in your post above where you allude to leaving a manual in the box in stead of a filter... Was that the cause of your engine out? If I am out of line asking I am sorry. I will be praying for your continued recovery to full!
Boss is doing better than I am. He wasn't hurt as bad. He still hurts as bad as I do every day, but he wasn't in a coma, didn't have as many broken ribs, although his back was broken more. He is walking without a cane, I still have to use it and can only stand for a few minutes at a time. He doesn't seem to have that limit. I am just glad he is as good as he is. I wouldn't have been able to take it if he was crippled or killed. He is a good guy and very strong. He isn't having to go through the PT every day like I do. He also didn't get burned which helped him a ton. My hosp cost is more than double his. Not fun. Good ins helps though.

Ummm, cause, yea, it was determined, the day of the accident. Pictures and all. Freekin mechanic left the instruction sheets in the turbo filter. They let go on this flight, at about 100 feet. When they hit the turbo, it expoded and took out the engine. It sheared a 3/4 inch shaft. [X(] Not a lot of fun!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Your support meant and still means a lot. Its going to be a long road, but at least I am walking slow. They changed the diagnosis many times. It started that I wouldn't live, then the brain trauma came in, then wouldn't walk, then would be in ICU for 4 months. Made liars out of them on all of that eh!! Too cool. They didn't know I was that determined.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:16 AM
SoonerAce
My Feedback: (1)

Just keep alittle up elevator inputed on your recover. Glad to see ya back on your LG.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FLYBOY

Ummm, cause, yea, it was determined, the day of the accident. Pictures and all. Freekin mechanic left the instruction sheets in the turbo filter. They let go on this flight, at about 100 feet. When they hit the turbo, it expoded and took out the engine. It sheared a 3/4 inch shaft. [X(] Not a lot of fun!
Wow. I am an A&P, stuff like this scares me. One little mistake, one forgotten tool or manual, one clearance set too tight and people are getting hurt and dieing. Part of the reason I don't work in aviation. That mechanics career is now over I bet.
Atleast an automobile can pullover if something happens to be forgotten under the hood. I couldn't live with myself if I caused a plane to go down because of my blind stupidity.

Sean

Old 10-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Avistar 2

Hey flyboy,
Mind telling me how that airplane cost .?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:00 PM
FLYBOY

ORIGINAL: Avistar 2

Hey flyboy,
Mind telling me how that airplane cost .?

Cessna 320F is the model. They run $200,000 to $300,000 depending on whats in them. The company has a small fortune in it cause the plane cost is a lot less than the camera equip in it.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Avistar 2

YEEEOUCH!
That is a very exspenive toy,
imaging the maintainess and hanger cost,
What do you do for a living flyboy?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:09 PM
FLYBOY

ORIGINAL: Avistar 2

What do you do for a living flyboy?

I fly that airplane for a living. We do aerial photography, well, I won't be back in it for a while after the crash of the other one, but I will be back soon. Yea, hanger is expensive too. Anything in aviation is. Our old jet I used to fly was killer to insure. More than most people make. Its ludicris.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Avistar 2

I offen wonder how could anyone afford a airplane this days due to a sour ecomony,
airplanes cost a lot more than new cars
Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You either have to have a large disposable income; or make a living at it as FLYBOY does.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Avistar 2

And that sums it up
Old 10-26-2005, 04:30 PM
FLYBOY

ORIGINAL: Deadeye

You either have to have a large disposable income; or make a living at it as FLYBOY does.
Yea, large disposable income friends have cool planes. I wish I could go back to work so I had any income. Not working sux when you can't do anything but PT. Looking forward to working again in the spring. [8D]
Old 10-26-2005, 08:50 PM
campbec

Hi Flyboy,

Great to see you are progressing so well in your rehab.

There is an "old saw" that the best way to make a small fortune in aviation is to start with a large one! This applies to horse racing, yachts, and a host of other activities.

Hope you are soon able to pass the flight medical.

Cheers,

Colin