Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Flight sim connectors

Old 06-08-2002, 07:56 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flight sim connectors

In flight sim interfaces available, there are various choice of connector types to the PC namely parallel, serial, games port and usb. Can I get some inputs on what are the effects of each type of connectors on flight sim performance, pc hardware requirement, etc ?

Also is there an adapter for Futaba 9CAP that joins the new square connector to the old round connector ? I haven't seen any flight sim interface that comes with the new square connector

Thanks...................
Old 06-08-2002, 08:43 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight sim connectors

The speed of the standard game port is faster than your hand can move the stick... So, as long as the system is functioning properly, you won'e see a difference with the different interfaces.
that means that its all up to the software driving the interface-to-game communication. Good software, good results.

The old version Real Flight (pre-G2) has a good interface software setup, so the results are consitantly good.

I haven't dealt with G2.

The Ripmax RCSimulator's game port interface is working really well for me. (The interface also will drive other software, as it has a Windows gameport driver, plus a in-game "driver override." (re-interprets the gameport input)

I know of no adapter for the new square plug... (I have no idea why Futaba went to a new plug style... Better read up on the differences before experimenting. There might be a difference in output via the plug.) but having an appropriate plug, and pin-out, it shouldn't be hard to make one. For the Ripmax interface, there's only 3 active wires between the interface (built in a game port plug) and the TX. They have a mini phono plug connector (JR direct compatible) and then a adapter cable to go from that plug to the Futaba/Hitech (old computer keyboard style) plug.