Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Multiple Paratrooper ejection from plane.

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Multiple Paratrooper ejection from plane.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:07 PM
sparow89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Paratrooper ejection from plane.

Has anyone ever created an RC plane that was a large cargo type like a C-130? I was wondering what yall would think of if you took about 10 of those plastic paratrooper dudes, a plane with a opening and closing door in back, and a delivery system to push out the paratroops one at a time. I think this would be pretty cool having a bunch of armymen come out of the sky like a deploment. So what do yall think?
Old 10-31-2005, 11:14 PM
thunder21
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Multiple Paratrooper ejection from plane.

I was thinking about this a while ago but never got the GWS C-130 to try it out. My idea was to tie a 12" string to each of the paratroops' leg. Then wrap the end of the string a few times around the next paratrooper in line. That way the paratroopers would be pulled out but the string would unravel quickly and they would come down individually. The first paratrooper would be held in by a rubber band and an extra servo arm. When the trigger was released, the first paratrooper would be shot out by the rubber band. The cargo door could be held by the same servo.

Don't know how well it would work. Unless the paratroopers weighed very little I'd worry about the CG. Probably not a big deal on the C-130 though.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:15 AM
CP140

Default RE: Multiple Paratrooper ejection from plane.

There was a report in on of the airplane mags (MAN?) a while ago. Somebody had come up with a mechanism to kick a stick of jumpers out of a C-47. I seem to recall there was a pretty good description of how it was done. If you can track down the article, it might give you some ideas.