Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

NAS Pensacola Museum

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 06:18 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAS Pensacola Museum

I just got back from the Naval Aviation Museum at Pensacola and I am still in a state of amazement. It is an outstanding place for scale research or just to get enthused about building. I have been going to NAS Pesacola for over 25 years, usually for the 9D5 dunker training, if you have ever done that you know that's no fun! I never had time to visit the museum, I should have made the time. If you ever get a chance try and visit this museum you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: NAS Pensacola Museum

I've been to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola and rate it right up there with the AF Museum at Wright Patterson.

Another good bet if you find yourself traveling up or down I-75 in Georgia by Warner Robins is the great museum there [rated the fourth largest aviation museum in the country]. Well worth the visit. Lots of Southern Aviation History to boot. http://www.museumofaviation.org/

Old 11-06-2005, 10:17 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Red, you are right, the Warner Robins Museum is great too. I spent a day there last year, it was excellent. Another great one is the Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson. I went there a couple of years ago and it is outstanding. It's good to see the history that is being saved and preserved.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:05 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now that I live on the other side of the country...... I was always going to the NAM "someday" and when living in Alabama, never got to it...darn.

Jerry