Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby shops in Chandler, Arizona

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby shops in Chandler, Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:54 AM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby shops in Chandler, Arizona

I'm headed to Chandler, Arizona for the next 45 days with work. Any hobbby shops in or near the area?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hobby shops in Chandler, Arizona

Hi Cruzomatic;

If you are going to be in the Chandler, AZ for 45 days or so, you simply must treat yourself to a visit to FRANKS' HOBBY HOUSE in Phoenix, about 25 minutes driving time north of CHandler, at 32nd St. and Thunderbird Road. I have been in hobby shops all aver the US, Canada and a few in Europe, and in my estimation, Franks is without doublt one of the finest RC related hobby shops in the world, bar none, and is operated by the very friendly Frank Family, Bernie, WIfe Phyllis, son Marty, and a very knowlegeable staff.

I was just there 2 weeks ago, and was amazed as usual as to Bernie's inventory: 5 cyl radial OS, 4 cyl opposed OS, the big 14 ch Futaba radio, hundreds and hundreds of kits, ARFS, RTF., RTC. and balsa-RT-Build kits, a Car section that must be seen to be believed. I just plain/plane luv FRANKS' HOBBY HOUSE. If you stop by, tell Bernie that I, [Joe Nagy] sent you, then he will only charge you double.

I will close for now, let me know how you liked Franks Hobby House, best regards from Florida, [returning it AZ in a few days],

Joe Nagy. email: [email protected]
Old 11-14-2005, 03:34 PM
dvhorn00

You also need to check out Adventure Hobbies in Chandler, AZ. You won't find a staff with more knowledge on planes and helicopters from the smallest to the biggest scale. Great bunch of guys who like to have fun with the hobby.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think their is a healthy fly-in thingy in Tucson over thanks giving. Ask around here and maybe you can get invited
Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are a couple of Hobby Bench's around the valley...prices are a bit high for some (well most) things. The 'best' one IMHO is on 43rd Ave. and Bell Road - best for R/C airplanes and cars anyway.

Jerry
Old 11-17-2005, 10:02 PM
dickj
My Feedback: (1)

There is also a very well stocked Hobbytown USA that has most any RC item you would want at Country Club and Baseline a short distance north of you in Mesa, AZ. The store is located in the shopping center on the southwest corner of the intersection adjacent to the new building under construction.

Dennis is a good guy and friendly to airplane folks.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:16 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Dick isn't Hobbytown on Gilbert and Baseline?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:51 PM
ValVista

Ditto on Joe Nagy's post. Franks' Hobby House is phenomenally well-stocked and meets or beats (at least in my experience) mail order, & sales tax usually beats shipping costs so savings are good & no wait time for merchandise.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:11 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, Frank's got 'em all beat for the most part. Some of the electric guys prefer Adventure's Hobby, but I think Frank's could go head to head with them.