Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

ITS BEEN A WHILE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITS BEEN A WHILE!!!

WAW, its been 10 months since ive been to RCU, its changed a bit. Been to busy messing with my car, Scion xB. I havent had a plane in the air for about that long to, i got to get airborne again, the hurricane messed up my testflight day. wanted to testfly the cub that sat, hurricane rita ruined that and destroied the flying field. hope to get the ol cub airborne before i go into the USAF in Jan.

Anyways, i wanted to drop a line to my ol friends on RCU, havent talked to ya in a while, see ya in the forums, gonna try to get in more often!!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:55 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: ITS BEEN A WHILE!!!

Hey Dago, LTNS!!!

Welcome back!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Dago Red

Thank you much!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:34 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Well I would just like to thank you in advaince for joining the AF. Hope you do well and God be with you.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Dago Red

I decided to take my dads advice for once, joined the service, I just grad from Universal Technical Instiutute with diesel/industrial technologies, which should help me alot in the area im goin into.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 PM
love those warbirds

ORIGINAL: Dago Red

I decided to take my dads advice for once, joined the service, I just grad from Universal Technical Instiutute with diesel/industrial technologies, which should help me alot in the area im goin into.
Well good for you! I sure am proud of of you guys! So you went to UTI? I'm only 15 but I'm looking in to going to school there They have one here in Chicago. I already made a chose to be an auto mechanic and really wanted to go to UTI. I hear its one if not the best auto tech. school in the USA.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:53 PM
FLYBOY

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

good to see you red!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Dago Red

love those warbirds, thanks for the kind words, really means alot!!!!!

I attended UTI in Houston. I originally went with the auto/diesel/industrial, but droped auto to go into the USAF on time. I enjoyed UTI very much and i do believe its one of the best tech school out there, if you go, youve made a good decision. I work in a auto shop at the moment, work on all cars, all makes, having a blast, havent touched any diels/industrial, but thats in the USAF, i will have lots of it there. Id say go for UTI, its a GREAT choice. its a bit pricey sure, but that UTI name is sure to get you a job fast, AND if you continue farther, you can go into a FORD program, they train you all on Fords, then grad from that as a ford tech, and be in fords database with UTI. If you have good grades, you can enter maufacture programs, like VW, Volvo, Mercedes, International, Porche, and much more, grad from them, go to work at a dealership for them and they will pay for you schooling. Not a bad deal, plus UTI follows you through you carrer, helping you find jobs, keeps up with your resume, and what not. Go for it!!!!

FLYBOY
Good to see ya around again!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 PM
love those warbirds

Hey thanks for the encouraging words Dago! So if you don't mind me asking, What type of stuff you working on in the USAF?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Dago Red

Well, i havent gone into the USAF all teh way, on January 3 i go to boot camp, 6 weeks and while im there, i pic what job i want thats open in the electronic ap. area, meaning that i can pic basicly any job opening in the electronics area. Im lookin for B-52,F-16, F-111, B-1, C-5 avionics, which ever is open or more appealing. I was hoping for aircraft airframe structure maint. but sicne i scored so well in electronics, the stuck me there. If you have more questions ask away!!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:10 PM
love those warbirds

wow! cool I don't have any more qestions right now. Thanks for your time. Good luck in the USAF![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-23-2005, 12:10 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Welcome back DR.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:00 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Dago, we thought you were busy working four jobs so that you could win the ebay bid for Dago Red.

Great to have you back.

Scott
Old 11-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Dago Red

OH, i wish i could buy the real Dago Red, hurts to see it go like that, but all goof things must come to a end, o well, but glad to see ya still round in the forum to guys!!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:54 PM
jettstarblue

Man I was gettin a big case of the warm fuzzies until the last couple posts....Dago Red was sold on e-Bay?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:09 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

DagoRed, some of the planes you mentioned are nearing the end of their service life. Look hard at some of the newer stuff. F-117 or YF-22. You don't want to retrain in 10 years when they mothball the F-16s.

David
Old 11-29-2005, 05:20 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Welcome back DR,

Yes the real Dago was auctioned off on Ebay a few months ago. Can't remember if they hit the reserve or not??
Old 11-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Dago Red

truly sad they sold Dago Red, however, if the last owner has it his way, the plane will stay a racer, he was looking for the right new owners for it. not sure how it turned out, but i hope to see her in the air next year.

The reason i picked those planes is those are the choices of aircraft i had to pick from avionics as of right now, however, in a month, i will see the new list, and pick the job i want and that will be the job i get. Im looking to work on the biggest plane I can, i like BIG planes!!! Ill let ya'll know what happens, its only a month away till i leave for basic training, and after 6-7 weeks, ill return and post the results.