Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Any horonable people left out there?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Any horonable people left out there?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:27 PM
amelia-air
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any horonable people left out there?

Guess this is as good a place as any to blow off a little steam.Made a offer on a Kit--I was the first one to make a offer. Offered the person what he was asking..Some one else after me must have made a higher offer,because mine was rejected,and the Kit was sold to some one else! This is BULL,and has happened to me so many times in RCU.I all most do not even care to make offers any more.Wish there was a way for folk to be honorable,and do the right thing.Well--they know who they are--hope they sleep good tonight !
Old 11-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Any horonable people left out there?

"SELLER'S PEROGATIVE"

The seller does not HAVE to accept your offer just because it was first, and OBO (or best offer) does not always mean less than the asking price.

Kinda like in a hot real estate market, the seller will often get multiple offers exceeding the asking price. It is up the the seller to decide which offer he wants to accept based on price and terms.

I bought something from an RCU ad that I did not make the first offer on. I didn't know why the seller picked my offer over the first offer but they were the same price (I later found out that the first offer was made by someone I knew)

You can blow off steam... just think of it as not spending money. A better deal will come along...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

I know what your saying amelia-air. I have been on both ends of the spectrum. But I'm Trustworthy!!!!!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...s&memid=134655
Old 11-30-2005, 09:01 PM
aaron2874

LOL !!!

Yet another shameless plug!!!

I understand the frustration. I don't mess with Ebay or other like-sites because of this. However, I must admit (being the capitalist that I am) ppl will go for what they can get. And those who offer more usually win the day. It's just the way it is and it sure beats the alternatives out there...
Old 11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stinkin Capitolism!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:44 AM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Amelia, I had it happen to me two weeks ago and again last week. The fellow last week came back and tried to make it right after I complained but I don't think I will mess with him again. In the last six months I've had 4 or 5 bad deals on here. If they want the highest bid then the moderators should make them say so and put their adds on the auction forum. Some may not like e-b but if you bid the asking price[buy-it-now] you get the item, period and thats the way it should be.
Funny thing about last weeks deal is that I turned right around and found the same item for $5 less on E-B [b-i-n] and received it in the mail today. Saved $5 and no hassles.
The people in charge on rcu will not do anything until enough of us get mad and complain loud enough to make it happen.
FEB
Old 12-01-2005, 12:55 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Well, on the other side of it, why not take the higher offer?

a little over a year ago, I was selling my 1991 Mitsubishi Montero. in one day, two people made different offers. I was asking $2500, one guy told me he'd be back before 8 pm (it was noonish) with cash, and told me to hold on to it for him. I told him I wasn't going to make any promises. around 3 pm, a fella came by with 2 g's cash on him. Naturally I took his offer. about 7:45 that night, the other guy came back with the money, but I had no vehicle to sell him. He was furious, especially when I told him that I sold it for $150 less than he offered me.

Whenever I'm selling something, the person with the money walks away with the goods. I've had cars (both RC and 1:1) for sale and been told "i'll be back later today with cash" and never saw hide nor hair of the person again.

no big loss, either way, I got the truck for free, and it cost me $250 to get running again
Old 12-01-2005, 06:34 AM
jettstarblue

No harm, no foul.

If someone offered more than you, then the other party would be foolish to no accept the higher amount.....this is the land of fear and consumerisim!

BTW, Where do you fly from?
Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 AM
jclittle
My Feedback: (99)

Just over a week ago on RCU I sold an old non-working engine. In the morning I listed it for $50, went to work and came home about 10 hours later to find 6 offers! I paid no attention to when they came in and picked the highest one which happended to be $15 higher then my asking price. One "gentleman" on RCU that claims to have been the 1st bidder had a fit! Sent me several questionable emails, finally I told him to get over it, I don't want to repeat on this forum what he told me to do. Frankly I could not beleive it, all over a $50 engine. Last time I checked it's a free market, sell to whoever you want to and at whatever price you can get. There is nothing that is not honorable about this, sorry to say.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 AM
amelia-air

ORIGINAL: jettstarblue

No harm, no foul.

If someone offered more than you, then the other party would be foolish to no accept the higher amount.....this is the land of fear and consumerisim!

BTW, Where do you fly from?

Prop Busters--We fly at the Thompson Drag Strip
Old 12-01-2005, 07:38 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the other hand, I always get a lot of 'I'll take it' then they never come thru.... I have an ad on right now that has happened to. That's why I started letting everyone know that there's no 'holding' the item.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you read the discalimer at the top of the offer box:
"You are about to make an offer on Item #XXXXX. By making an offer on this item, you are NOT making a legally binding offer, but rather opening negotiations with the seller at the price you indicate below. We will not become involved in disputes."
Pretty much makes it OK for the seller to accept or reject for ANY reason, and you have agreed to it, BEFORE making the offer.
I have rejected an offer at my asking price because a local flyer made an offer, I would not have to ship, and I will always accept an offer in the US over one in Canada, or other country because of the paperwork involved in shipping. There are other reasons as well.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
amelia-air

I am going to "UNSUBSCRIBE "from this forum,and in all fairness ,I wish the moderator would close it.Some thing about "Beating a dead horse"--it acomplishes nothing.
Merry Christmas every one,and thanks for allowing me to vent a little anger--
Old 12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Unless you made a down payment or some other agreement with the seller that he 'd hold it for YOU alone, the item is fair game for whoever comes along. Like T-bird junkie, a bird holdin' the cash is worth two that say they'll be back, to warp a well-known proverb.

Hate to see you leave over something like this; you wanted to vent, you did, but looks like popular opinion doesn't agree with yours. Don't go away mad.................
Old 12-01-2005, 06:36 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread is being closed at the request of the thread starter. Thanks Dave