Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Carl Goldberg Co.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 09:34 PM
mpresley
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carl Goldberg Co.

Saw a vendor's website today that had a note posted on their Goldberg products: "Carl Goldberg Co. has been sold, call for product availability..."

Is this new or old news??
Old 11-13-2002, 10:37 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

old
Old 11-13-2002, 11:05 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like tower will be stocking the kits again from the new company. Kind of strange. Did you see the price of the gentle lady kit? WOW. I can remember buying them for $16 not too long ago. Now they are $50. Still one of the best flying 2m gliders though. Hope they don't price it out of existance. Luckily I still have 3 kits of it.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:28 PM
ramcharger

Thats to bad. I already miss the unique fittings Goldberg marketed, especially the 90 degree plastics bends. I used them to attach the outer struts to bipe kits. Looked all over St Louis to find 8 Goldberg bends for my Aeromaster 60 bipe. Stuff to build kits is becoming harder and harder to get.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:46 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats cause of all these ARF pieces of #*%@. noone knows how to build anymore.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:15 PM
ramcharger

Hey I like the #*%@ on the previous thread and I must admit you are right. I visit 3 LHS in the St Louis area and have commented on pin boards having less and less parts envelopes on them and they respond by saying they don't sell much of that stuff any more.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:22 PM
Hypter
My Feedback: (2)

The guy at my LSH told me that Lanier bought Goldberg.. anyone else heard this?
Old 11-15-2002, 07:36 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, that's what I heard. And I'm already seeing improvements in the company. For example, you can buy their products again!

A few years back CG pulled their products from all catalogs and web sites. Nice for the LHS, but bad for the many of us that live in the boonies.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Nuker

Great Planes is the distributer. Their website now reads that they are welcoming the Goldberg products into the distribution family and Goldberg's site is pointing to them.

I ordered my Sukhoi last week, now it's just waiting for availability .........

Bob aka Nuker
Old 11-16-2002, 01:00 AM
RCPilot100

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob,

Be careful on that CG Sukhoi - the new and improved ones from CG had a rib that was cut wrong - and nothing to fix the problem. Hopefully this will be corrected before you get your kit. I finally did fix mine, but it bummed me out so much I put it away last winter and don't know if I will work on this winter.

Dan
Old 11-16-2002, 01:32 AM
Nuker

Thanks Dan,

I read about that. Apparently just before they "went under", the problem was resolved. That being said, I know what to look for. Everything I've heard said it's a beautiful flyer but a crappy build. Hopefully the major issues are resolved (e.g. the landing gear is now on fuse for example)

Oh well, I'll post when the kit arrives to see what I can find. If the rib has indeed been shaped properly, I can scan and post. might help you with yours.

Thanks again

Bob
Old 11-16-2002, 07:17 PM
RCPilot100

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob,

This is my second CG Sukhoi - the first one went in at the KW Flying Dutchmen scale meet last year - someone turned on my frequency. The build isn't that bad. My first one had the LG in the wing and I really didn't have a problem with it. I had heard about the problem so I beefed the area up a bit and made sure I greased the landings. It does fly nice - I had a YS 120 in it - I will probably put my YS 140 in the new one. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help.

Dan
Old 11-16-2002, 09:22 PM
Nuker

Thanks Dan,

I picked up a Saito 1.50 for mine. Our LHS had a great sale on.

I'll let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks

Bob
Old 11-19-2002, 02:16 AM
14th_Reaper
My Feedback: (-1)

I finally had the right weather and timing to fly the sukhoi Saturday. Man what a brilliant flyer. This airplane is so fun and really fairly fast with a YS120FZ. Few it 3 times Saturday with no problems at all... First flight on Sunday, guess what..... the old landing gear broke smooth off and took the stans fiberglass belly pan with it. So now I am looking for pictures or suggestions on how to beef it up! This plane is such a pleasure to fly...