Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Shipping Thieves!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shipping Thieves!!!

How can you call it stealing when you willingly paid it?

If you didn't like the price, go elsewhere, but don't call them a thief.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:11 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When someone is holding you with no other option then yes I call it theivery (i wouldn't call it willingly!!!!!). As i said, buy a needle valve or buy another engine... At the time I didn't know of mvvs canada. Now that I know that there's another option outside of the US then I'll go that route. I've ordered several mvvs engine, accessories , profiles etc from morris. If it's worth it to them to loose a customer over outrageous shipping rates then so be it. I'll definately be putting my money in a different direction!!!

The previous post was just to say that it's been 2 weeks which should have been plenty to time to ship 2 states away. $8 probably would have sent it second day if the shipping would have been fair.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:56 PM
jlkonn

SilverSurfer not exactly...

Profit Center
A profit center is an area of your business that you operate with the goal of earning a profit. A profit center also has a well defined output. For instance, "corn" is typically a profit center. If you raise corn you do so with the goal of earning a profit, and the output is easily defined as bushels of corn.
Now, you could identify "crops" as a profit center. That would be OK, but wouldn't provide very detailed management information, partly because the output of "crops" can't be easily defined except in terms of dollars--there's no single common unit of measure across all crops.
Often you may need to break a single "chain" of production down into two or more profit centers to gather figures on which parts of your operation are profitable.
For instance, suppose you raise your own beef calves and market them after a backgrounding period. To know whether you're efficient at producing weaned calves and at backgrounding cattle, you really need to set up two profit centers. You might call the first Beef Cow/Calf and the second Cattle Backgrounding.
After weaning calves you would "sell" production from the Beef Cow/Calf enterprise to the Cattle Backgrounding enterprise, at a fair market price. This credits the Beef Cow/Calf enterprise with income, and charges the Backgrounding enterprise with expense. If you've kept a good record of other income and expenses for the two enterprises, at year's end you'll be able to determine whether both are profitable parts of the farm business.

Cost Center
A cost center is an area of your business that you primarily operate to service the needs of one or more profit centers. A typical example of a cost center may be a combine. Unless you do a lot of custom harvesting you don't operate a combine to earn a profit; but rather, to supply harvesting services to corn, soybeans, wheat, or other profit centers.
The main reason for identifying cost centers in your operation is to figure out how much those services are costing. In the case of a combine, this information can help you make decisions about repair or replacement..."How much did I spend on combine repairs last year?"...or whether you should be hiring custom harvesting instead of owning the machinery yourself. (Our ManagePLUS add-on for QuickBooks would also show you combine repair costs per acre or per hour.) Also, when you prepare profit and loss statements for any profit centers, you may allocate charges from any cost centers to them.
From Flagship Technolgies, Inc.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:22 PM
jonkoppisch

Well, still no needle valve. They took my money on the 21st, no problem there. I gave them a call, said they just got it shipped last week... Good service for $8 shipping, NOT!!! Said thanks and that I wouldn't be ordering anything from them in the future....
Old 01-08-2006, 03:44 AM
AgCat1982

It is still very simple. You knew what the shipping cost was going to be. It was known up front. Companies have the right to charge, for services, what the market will bear. There is NO THEFT here!!!!! If you placed an order and signed off on a given amount of product cost and shipping cost, but, when it arrives, you see where the shipping charge has been increased by 400% and the amount was charged to your credit card WITHOUT your approval, you can THEN call it theft!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:26 AM
jonkoppisch

Companies do have the right to charge for services/products... but that's not a service nor product, it's mail!!!! It's a set price put up by the postal service, ups etc. If they want to charge outragous prices for shipping maybe they should name themselves mailbox's etc or something. At least when you go to mailbox's they pack your item and box it, that's what the extra it for, work they actually do. The needle valve was in an invelope.

It's no better than highway robbery. It's just like in the movies when someone has car trouble in a small town and there's only 1 gas station, [:'(]. Actually it's not quite the same as the person running the gas station does a little work... Anyway, I finally received the needle valve 2 days ago. $8 finally got it here in over 2 weeks... Great service!!!! Not, wont get my business again. I guess that's what's important to them!!!

I call it theft as there was no other option. I had to have that needle valve for that engine!!!! No substitutions, which means I was stuck paying whatever they wanted shipping wise unless I wanted to purchase another engine from someone else.... It's one thing if the item price is higher as it's item specific but jacking up shipping is just stealing from your customers...

Added: Anyway, lesson learned. Morris Hobbies wont get anymore of my business....
Old 01-08-2006, 12:31 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone has to shop price and shipping.
That is called. " Earning a savings. "
Old 01-08-2006, 02:54 PM
entity
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

the way i see it is that you paid for it.. so it's not stealing.. should of searched elsewere.. or called the company direct and see there price..
Old 01-10-2006, 12:19 AM
AgCat1982

You can be wrong if you want to. It is NOT theft if you are told the cost and YOU AGREE TO PAY IT! They can't take it from you. You have to give it to them for them to have it. You don't have to like it. IT IS A SERVICE. Someone has to package it and get it in the mail. Doesn't matter a whit what you think it cost them to do that. They have to decide what the cost of taking the time to ship a small item of small profit margin. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If it is too high, they will go out of business. That's the way it works. You can always drive out there to pick it up. You can yell robbery all day long and you will still be wrong. Sorry. It does not meet the definition of the word. You may be justified in calling it "an unfair high price", but, you can't call it theft and be correct. You're just mad about it and want to call it that. All of these companies have different prices they put on their shipping. Try ebay where you buy something for $10 and pay $40 shipping! They do it all the time so they don't have to pay ebay as much for their sale. They don't charge anything on the shipping cost. Now, ebay would have a reason to yell "foul ball" there!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:41 AM
jonkoppisch

I consider it wrong to charge so much shipping on an item that costs almost nothing to ship. If you're not making enough on the part to justify shipping it then reprice your part. Come on, don't cheat on the shipping. If it was a bigger part and took a box I'd understand but it only took an envelope then 2 weeks to get it here so there was definately no special attempt to put it into the mailbox to ship it. It's not like the part had to go downtown to be shipped. I don't know if I'm mad but I am a little ticked, I believe it's wrong to charge so much for shipping when you're not even the shipping company. $7 to put a needle in an envelope, walk 10 steps out the front door (which took over a week to do) and then put it into a mailbox is pretty steep. Imagine what it would cost if they actually had to do something, lol. If you want to support someone that charges a minimum of $8 shipping for a $6 or even a $1 part that fits into an envelope to mail, total cost $1, and then takes 2 weeks to ship to you, that's fine by me. I didn't know about mvvs canada at the time, If I had known that there was ANY other option I would have ordered there. Especially as there was such a better price. Pretty sad when you can buy the whole carb from a different country and have it shipped to you at at almost the same cost.

Added:

So let me say this. If you're considering getting a mvvs engine look into mvvs canada, not morris hobbies so that if you ever need any engine parts you can get them at a reasonable price. Otherwise go with OS etc. Kudos to TOWERHOBBIES for being honest enough to have a small parts price!!!

Trying not to post anymore as it's repetative. Point is, if you don't mind paying high shipping rates, buy morris, otherwise maybe reconsider ordering from them...

Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 AM
jlkonn

Not to add fuel to the fire but not long ago I placed and internet order with Balsa Products.
I think it may have been on a Sunday.
The next day I wished I had order another 3 cell 700mah LiPo pack so I called to see if I could add it to my original order.
The person I talked to said it was too late to add it to that order since they had all been processed but he would go ahead and enter it in as a new order and wave the shipping.
That kind of service you remember.
JLK
Old 01-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Buteos

More than once I have paid high shipping costs and gritted my teeth but then, I got a little smarter. I belong to a club and we all order parts and kits. Most of the time shipping is a flat rate up to a preset amount. If you check with some of the other club members you can normally come up with more than enough to cover the shipping charges and it only costs you maybe .50 cents instead of $8.00......also, most LHS give a 10% discount for club/AMA members.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:52 PM
moodier

They aren't all bad!Called MRC?the Enya dealer for a small part only couple dollars and shipping would be $7.She then explained in detail how to fix without the part!Called Hobby People for a needle valve for my Magnum again only few dollar and $7 shipping then she said as long as only that if OK they would just mail it to me in postal envelope for I believe $3.Happy with there treatment so some are reasonable to deal with!