Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Is it just a seasonal thing?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is it just a seasonal thing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 03:44 AM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just a seasonal thing?

I have four planes, and all four need minor repairs before they can fly. The last two weekends among a few week days have been prefect for flying but I seem to have lost the bug, even repairing has not been inspirational.

*shrugs*

Randy
Old 11-19-2002, 04:47 AM
Steve Guinn

Yea...I think it has something to do with DST.
Worry not, you will recover.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:29 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Randy don't worry about it as we all seem to go through this. After building for others for so many years it got to the point that I hated going into the shop and forget about starting a new plane. I took some time off and got back to where it wasn't so bad and did a little here and a little there until the desire came back. Now I am having fun again and enjoy my time in the shop and it helped by stopping the building for others and just doing for myself. Hang tight as it will come back, just need a little break.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:08 PM
Tattoo

Go to the field and be a spectator for an afternoon. It will kill you and you'll be back after it in no time.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:30 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea, anything can get old after a while. (with a little luck, I'm going golfing today!)
Old 11-19-2002, 03:39 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I was like that for a while.
I took my plane to the field a couple of times and "no joy"
I had a newbie ask me if I flew. I showed him my plane and he wanted me to take him up on his. I did and get the bug back!

I then realized that while I enjoy flying, I enjoy people more. That is what gave me the kick start to get back in the air!
Old 11-19-2002, 03:44 PM
Tattoo

If all else fails, try combat
Old 12-02-2002, 03:42 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

I get like that if I haven't flown in a while. Suddenly it seems like a real pain to load up the station wagon and drive all the way to the field. Its to hot or its too cold and too windy. The mosquitoes are bad and nobody will be there. The field might be a little wet or maybe it looks like rain. There are plenty of reason not to go. Then one day I will have the fortitude to load up and drive out there. I have so much fun I can't believe it and wonder why I haven't been out in a month! Suddenly I'm in love with it again. Its like any love affair, it ebbs and flows!
Old 12-02-2002, 03:56 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey Barney!

Hey Barney, come out to that other field where all the activities happen.

Rather dead for the next couple months, activity wise, but you can come to the Frozen Fickle Finger of Fate Fun Fly on 02/02/03.

Heck Barney YOU can come anytime, can't you?

Cooler wx. has certainly brought out the *Sunday Fliers* again.

Bring a couple guests and see how the other half is making it.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:59 AM
teefly-RCU

Sounds familar Art! After a 2 year break I settled down too. It wasn't the prior 20 something years that did it.......two types of people in this world:givers and takers. The hobby is for your enjoyment, not too be worked to death while you watch em flash through the hobby.....there one minute gone the next. Since the hobby has changed we middleagedtimers must rethink our ways. I will instruct, 2 per year and selective! I WANNA fly.......
Old 12-03-2002, 04:51 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Default Hi Horrace

I'm working weekends now. I'm dating a girl at work. Her seniority won't allow her to have weekends off. Sooooo, guess what, I work weekends. I fly Weds and Thurs. Starting in mid Jan. I will work in the mornings on Sat. and Sun., but I won't get home in time to fly until the daylight last a little later.
I keep meaning to head over to Jetero, but I lean toward the familiar. I will make a point of getting over there and I intend to fly there with some regularity.
Sorry you didn't get the office you wanted, I could tell it meant alot to you. But things usually happen for the best and you should be enjoying yourself and flying, not working.
See ya soon, barn