Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Raiden Tech Wholesale BUYER BEWARE!!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Raiden Tech Wholesale BUYER BEWARE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 09:13 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raiden Tech Wholesale BUYER BEWARE!!!

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

Right.
Anyway...are people willing to pay twice the price for something to get a better level of service?
Twice the price? Sure, other places that have good service are charging twice the price for the same poor to low quality stuff that Raidentech sells. Troll on.
What Raidentech planes do you personally own? What did you pay for them?
I own no "Raidentech" planes, they were all made by someone else. Raidentech just happened to be the people who paid to have container loads of them brought in. Regardless, the planes I own don't matter to this discussion.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:19 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But you said they are all low quality, low priced JUNK. Were yours? Or is that just stuff you read on the internet?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:50 PM
piper_chuck

The Hangar 9 mustang versus the Raidentech one, well...it SHOULD be better...it's DOUBLE the cost.
Like you said. You get what you pay for.

As far as Piper Chuck's assertion that all these models are junk, that's a bunch of hooey, lots of us are flying and enjoying them.
You just love to fabricate things don't you? Did I say "all these models are junk"? Nope, it's just another example of your inability to discuss things without resorting to such antics.
My latest one is the Gee Bee, which I did build but have not flown. It was $125, insanely cheap. You know what Hangar 9 gets for the same thing? $379, I beleive. You get better instructions and hardware and support. For the extra $250, I'll live without!
Nope, don't know what "Hangar 9 gets for the same thing", since you're obviously so in the know, please enlighten us.

If you think any of the generic planes being sold by Raidentech are anywhere near the quality of brands such as World Models, you are either not very particular, or delusional. I've done a direct comparison between a generic P-51 from Raidentech and the same size from World Models. The WM plane was built and finished way better and has much better hardware. It was obvious that the generic was a very cheap immitation of the WM plane. The price difference is nowhere near the double that you assert, and I'll willingly pay the extra so I can have a plane that will not shed its covering and other parts after 2 or 3 flying sessions.
There are some great companies that offer great support. But SOMEONE has to pay for that. Raidentech is the opposite, it's all about price. So you get support accordingly.
It seems you're easily pleased. Good luck when the covering on your $125 plane starts peeling off. You've obviously missed the threads talking about planes from Raidentech shedding covering, having parts fall off, and other such things. Does this happen on more expensive ARFs? Sure, but less often, and mostly in the past. With most of the others, at least there will be someone at the other end of the phone to deal with it. We've already seen what kind of (non)support people get from Raidentech.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:04 PM
piper_chuck

But you said they are all low quality, low priced JUNK. Were yours? Or is that just stuff you read on the internet?
Low quality? Yup, they sure are. If you think otherwise, you've got really low standards. The generic ARFs being sold by Raidentech are the bottom of the barrel of the stuff that's coming out of China, and they're laughing at us foolish Americans for accepting such poor quality. Mei guo ren zhe me ben! But they sure do like our money.

Were mine junk? On one of them, the covering started seperating from the adhesive before I even got it to the field for its first flight. All I had done was a couple taxi tests in the driveway. Perhaps this kind of stuff doesn't bother you, but I find it unaccepable. This has not happened with ANY of my World Models planes.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:08 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

The covering has NEVER peeled off of ANY of my Raidentech type planes.
World Models planes do NOT impress me any more or less than Raidentech, they are about the same thing to me, and I have seen some world models planes that were downright AWFUL, and things like rubber retract mechanisms that broke before the first takeoff, etc...
Please don't tout World Models, of all people, to me, as some sort of premium brand, they are cheap stuff. Worth the money, sure, but cheap stuff!

"You've obviously missed the threads talking about planes from Raidentech "

You've obviously taken a little too much faith in stuff you read on the internet. Pick ANY arf, you can find at least SOME complaints about it on the internet. And a lot of it is people like you, just regurgitating stuff they read off the net.

Raidentech, AMD, GSP, Flair, whatever brand names they are using this week...most of these Cheap "generic" Chinese ARFs are just fine. You are not going to get top quality hardware and perfect construction and service...but you aren't PAYING for it, either.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:11 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Low quality? Yup, they sure are. If you think otherwise, you've got really low standards. The generic ARFs being sold by Raidentech are the bottom of the barrel of the stuff that's coming out of China, and they're laughing at us foolish Americans for accepting such poor quality. Mei guo ren zhe me ben! But they sure do like our money.

Were mine junk? On one of them, the covering started seperating from the adhesive before I even got it to the field for its first flight. All I had done was a couple taxi tests in the driveway. Perhaps this kind of stuff doesn't bother you, but I find it unaccepable. This has not happened with ANY of my World Models planes.
Pure nonsense.
And if you look at all the people who are actually FLYING these planes, you will see most of them are VERY pleased. Check the glue joints, secure the firewall and retract mounts, etc., etc. Same stuff I would do to a Hangar 9 model.
Look at all the guys flying the Hellcats. TONS of them. Great model.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:12 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

The World Models Zero, the fiberglass one, is hands-down one of the worst ARFs I have ever seen. I flew one. Ugly as sin, bad glasswork, huge warp in the fuse, totally out of scale, retracts that folded like wet noodles.
On the other hand, the Raidentech one is a gem. Light, straight, flies great. Go figure.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:13 PM
piper_chuck

Sure tiger, whatever you say. As I suspected, you're not very discerning if you can't tell the difference in quality between the stuff being sold by Raidentech and the planes available from name brand companies.

Edit: note this response was directed at post #55
Old 01-07-2006, 10:39 PM
piper_chuck

Pure nonsense.
Sure tiger, it is pure nonsense that the covering on my BRAND NEW plane began peeling before I even flew it. Thanks for agreeing with me.
And if you look at all the people who are actually FLYING these planes, you will see most of them are VERY pleased. Check the glue joints, secure the firewall and retract mounts, etc., etc. Same stuff I would do to a Hangar 9 model.
Look at all the guys flying the Hellcats. TONS of them. Great model.
Yes, I can see how happy some of these people are with Raidentech. Here's a few examples:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=2364628
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3674497

I've also seen plenty of reports from people who started off very happy that they were able to score such a great price from Raidentech. Funny thing is several months later you see lots of them talking about needing to recover their planes. Guess the rose colored glasses you've been wearing cause you to miss those comments.

And here's another direct comparison between generic ARFs from Raidentech and similar planes from WM: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3680550

Interesting that so many people who do direct comparisons find the generic ARFs from Raidentech to be of significantly lower quality.

But anyway, this thread is about Raidentech service. You've sidetracked it long enough, do try to get back on topic.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:44 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Whatever. Lots of guys are flying and enjoying their low buck birds from Raidentech.
And then there is this crew of guys who chime in whenever the company is mentioned with the same-old-same-old. Many of whom never actually bought the planes. Same thing happens with almost every company. World Models, Vmar, GSP...on and on it goes. Don't beleive everything you read.
Anyway, my two cents:
1. Use a credit card. If you have a real problem, deal with it with your CC company. Raidentech will jump at THAT.
2. Don't expect perfection for the price you pay. Expect to have to check the thing out carefully, re-glue firewalls and such, glue down any loose covering seams, all the usual low-budget ARF stuff.
3. Make sure they have it in stock when you order.
4. Check out any of the dozen other companies offering the same product, customer service varies.
5. Appreciate these models for the good deals that they are.
6. Before throwing out the baby with the bathwater and dismissing these models because of a few internet threads...do a little research and see how many people are flying and enjoying them. You will be surprised.

Anyway...have fun, I'm unsubscribing.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:58 AM
piper_chuck

My latest one is the Gee Bee, which I did build but have not flown. It was $125, insanely cheap. You know what Hangar 9 gets for the same thing? $379, I beleive. You get better instructions and hardware and support. For the extra $250, I'll live without!
Nope, don't know what "Hangar 9 gets for the same thing", since you're obviously so in the know, please enlighten us.
Still waiting for you to show me the $379 Hangar 9 Gee Bee.

Whatever. Lots of guys are flying and enjoying their low buck birds from Raidentech.
And then there is this crew of guys who...
Tell others about the bad experiences people have had at Raidentech so people can make an informed decision about where they spend their money. Then there are a few who attempt to convince everyone else that since they had no problems, these are isolated incidents or that the people who are complaining don't know what they are talking about. Raidentech has a several year history of bad service. Being busy at Christmas time is just the latest in a long string of excuses. Buyer beware.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:25 PM
jugpilot

In regard to what happens if part of your shipment is damaged, I just went thru this with them for a month and after being told replacement is on way and nothing comming, then no answers to E-Mail or phone calls I said to hell with them and was lucky enough to get what I needed from Jet-Hobbies. But of course all this with my returning item to RAIDENTECH and new order from Jet-Hobbies cost me a extra $90. Do not waist time arguing with others if there product is good or not, the customer service is non existant and just go with that re future purchases. Personaly I recomend Jet-Hobbies.
jetpilot
Old 01-09-2006, 08:29 AM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

Good idea Jugpilot. With piper_chuck and easytiger turning this thread into a personal back and forth match, it's good to see some new input. Guess that's why their post numbers are the way they are; as for me I'm off this thread and going flying.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:32 PM
piper_chuck

My post count is where it is because I spend lots of time helping new people in several fora. However, when someone says something I disagree with, such as your snide remark, I do respond. Do enlighten everyone on what value you think your comment added to this thread.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:58 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

As far as I care, Jugpilot and Quint are right. I said my bit, I'm not interested in any more back-and-forth. I'm unsubscribed.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
jugpilot

To all of us that have been burned by RAIDENTECH, just a pleasant note, I recieved the wing that they would not send me from another distributer ( Jet-Hobbies) and the way they packed it you would think it was made out of crystal. The order went in Thursday to them in British Colombia and was delivered here to me in Quebec Monday morning,what better then that.
To you Americans, even thou this dealer is situated in Canada, with the exchange rate it would probably be cheaper for you then at our friends,ha ha. at you know where. I have E-Mailed a copy of this complete forum to RAIDENTECH and I hope they choke on it.
Pleasent and happy flying to all of you, jugpilot
Old 01-09-2006, 05:45 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guy at the field got one of their less popular models direct from them. It came with no instructions at all. He called and they said the model was so complex that only experienced builders should ORDER it!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:23 AM
gunracer

just wanted to let you know that raidentech did credit my credit card account...the same day i went there in fact...like i said, i don't think they're deliberately trying to rip people off...they just need more manpower and need to work on their infrastructure...
Old 01-11-2006, 07:52 AM
da Rock

Looks like Raidentech is offering one heck of a deal on some of their trainers. They're selling them for something like $40 each. They're a .40 size ARF and look like your everyday highwing.

Turns out that they don't have dihedral. No problem, a highwind design with a straight wing will still have a dihedral effect, right? Well, how about if the mokes in the "Raidentech" factory put the wing together "upsidedown", and the wing actually goes together with anhedral? Yeah, the sucker's tips point down, not up.

But hey, I just flew one yesterday and it flies great. I don't think it'd be the best for a raw beginner, 'cause it doesn't really have much tendency to right itself (as you'd expect), but it flew ok for intermediate on up. Actually, it's rather heavy for it's size, and my one flight ended with an engine out (we were flying it to empty out the fuel tank), so I got a chance to see how heavy it was. It glided like a rocket. It is definitely NOT a floater. It really did not deadstick worth spit for a trainer.

So as a trainer design, I'm not surprised at all that nobody wanted to market it as such or at full price.

You know, there are strong indications that some ARF manufacturers are really mostly toy mfg's who have found a lucrative market in the flying model hobby. And they've gotten a bunch of the special details that're needed for models right, but they still show a lack of full understanding. They miss some of the less obvious details that require some actual model flying and building experience.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:58 AM
da Rock

they just need more manpower and need to work on their infrastructure...
It'd be interesting as heck to swing back by the warehouse in a week or so and see if they've hired any additional help. And seems they'd be advertising for more workers as we speak. They have a "Now Hiring" sign in the window? Seen any ads for workers in the papers?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Buteos

I think what you may find is that Raiden Tech is using "Your" money to pay for planes that have already been ordered weeks or months ago. They wait until you start screaming and then they put someone else off to order your plane. I am 55 and was a Steel worker for a long time and learned to "Buy American". I know that the American companies charge more but being that they "Live" here they have to deal with what is said about them. Like what one person said, "They may be selling under different names ( Raiden Tech) and that is probably true, you can't burn that many people and still make a living. Next time you want to buy a plane remember what you read in this thread. I know that money doesn't grow on trees and yes I know that I have planes that were built overseas but I also have some that were build here and the quality is much higher on them then the ones from across the pond....just my 2 cents.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:49 PM
jugpilot

The fact that RAIDENTECHS buisness may have expanded beyond their capacity is their problem, not ours, and that does not excuse them for not answering the phone or E-mails from customers who they have already done buisness with and taken their money.
The reason we see different attitudes to this company is because when things go right ie.(what you ordered is in stock and therefor delivered in time and if you are lucky , with no damage) all is well. But for the rest of us whos order is not in stock, or damaged on delivery, not only do they lie to us when they contact us, in some instances they just ignore us completly.
I would prefer that if the item is not in stock, tell me, and give me the option to wait, but not this crap that it is on the way and activate my credit card etc. etc. If they valued us as costomers they would not do this.

As old proverb say, FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.
jugpilot
Old 01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Buteos

Then I guess that if people would quit buying from them they would get the point but the problem is its not the savvy that buy from them but the first timer or an unsuspecting parent or grandparent buying as a gift. They won't be stopped dealing as they are because there are enough new fliers out there that don't know. There are times when on Ebay that I see someone bidding on an item from a bum that has ripped so many people off it isn't funny. I drop them a line and let them know what they are getting into and on more than one occasion they have canceled their bid. It will take a little extra effort to make them feel the pinch.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:08 AM
treedog

i happen to love the little snoopy planes styro 2 engine they are up and flying 20 mins out of the box a blast
rtf and only 29 dollars 27 mhz
Old 01-12-2006, 12:12 AM
treedog

have u checked out there new 46 long easy not a bad buy and fiberglass and balsa ply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.