Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

How much are your club dues?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

How much are your club dues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 05:14 AM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much are your club dues?

Just curious, what the dues are at clubs in different parts of the country.
I'm in the Seattle area and know that the $200. a year I'm paying is higher than other clubs in the area. I do fly at a premium field and surroundings so that makes it a lot easier to swallow. Being near a large city makes the land much more expensive I guess. Our field is a "year round field". When it's not raining or blowing we're out there year round.

Here's a picture of my buddy Tim at our field. How many get a view like this where you fly?

How much are you paying and where is your club?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	34558_1740.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	21906  
Old 11-08-2002, 05:23 AM
branded
My Feedback: (9)

I pay $190 at one club I belong to and $175 at the other.
Neither is for a full year but rather for the "season"......
Old 11-08-2002, 05:24 AM
Hypter
My Feedback: (2)

$200 WOW!

Our club dues are $12, yes twelve dollars a year. Our field is nothing amazing, grass runway, and wide open spaces, out in the middle of nowhere

Of course we only have 6 members.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:34 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: How much are your club dues?

Originally posted by catboatr
Just curious, what the dues are at clubs in different parts of the country.
I'm in the Seattle area and know that the $200. a year I'm paying is higher than other clubs in the area. I do fly at a premium field and surroundings so that makes it a lot easier to swallow.

How much are you paying and where is your club?
I use to fly at this same field and agree that it's a great place to fly, but not worth the $200. It's suppose to go up to $250 next year, or so I have been told. The reason I left was because they wouldn't maintain the runway like they said they would. The owners Son was suppose to do that, but during the middle of the week the grass would be so long the prop was mowing it. I now fly a short distance from there, not as pretty but has good air space to fly in and it's $65 a year after the intial iniation fee.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:51 AM
flyathome
My Feedback: (7)

Default Club Dues

I belong to Texoma R/C Modelers in Sherman, Texas. Dues are $48 a year. Nice field well out into farm country. My only complaint is that I live in Durant, Oklahoma and have to drive about forty minutes to get there.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:53 AM
AndyF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We pay $35 with a $50 initiation fee. We have two paved runways and a grandstand, a shed, a concession stand, and some benches in a couple of pavillians so we have a place to get out of the sun. We also have about a dozen 4x8 tables in the pits for starting our airplanes.

All in all it is a pretty nice setup.

Andy
Old 11-08-2002, 06:08 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're at $150 at the RAMS field in Sumner, WA. Most of that goes to the lease, and we have 160+ members. Needless to say, a high lease, but in my opinion it is worth the money to fly there.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:41 AM
Steve Guinn

$50.00 at the no frills, but good company, Clarksburg, WV. club.

www.cma1193.com
Old 11-08-2002, 07:27 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: How much are your club dues?

Originally posted by GrnBrt

It's suppose to go up to $250 next year, or so I have been told.

Geez -- this is really gonna set Chris off if it's true...

The reason I left was because they wouldn't maintain the runway like they said they would. The owners Son was suppose to do that, but during the middle of the week the grass would be so long the prop was mowing it.
Art,

I think things have been better this past year. I cannot recall the grass being as long, but I normally fly on the weekends. The owner has hired a management company and I don't think his son is doing any routine maintenance. They have improved the site a bit this year by installling several new chain link safety fences. These fences provide a lot of protected space for the flying pilots. This is much better than that small orange mesh thing that was there before... The pitts area is about the same...

I also think that I should defend this field a bit... First and foremost it is not a club and no one is expected to ever volunteer time. You simply rent a wonderful flying site without any club overhead or politics. This field has a 2000 X 100 foot grass runway; occasionaly a full scale airplane will show up; the pilot stations face north so the sun is never in your eyes; has a paved and covered pitts area (the roof does leak however); has a play ground for the kids; and is very safe for "not completly surpervised while you are flying children". About the only down side beside the cost is the now infamous manure pond! :spinnyeye

I think that an apples to apples comparison may show that our rent is not that bad. Especially when you consider the price of land in the King County area of Washington...

Just my 2 pennies worth..
Old 11-08-2002, 09:27 AM
Bob Parker
My Feedback: (18)

Default Flying field

I belong to two clubs, one being Mississinewa Skyhawks, nice field about 5 acres mowed sournded by trees dues 25.00 a year goverment land. Next Converse Eagles good field grass run way and concrete slab 55 acres an old airport. Dues are 10.00 Miss. located near Wahash, In. Conv. located outside of Converse In. Be glad to have you come fly with us if you are in the area.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:18 PM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Default Dues

I belong to the American Turf Flyers in Broken Arrow, OK. Our dues are $100.00 a year (juniors are $12.50). We own our own field, have asphalt and grass runways, heli/turbine start-up pads, central heat and air clubhouse with indoor plumbing (mens and womans bathrooms) and a kitchen. paved pit startup area and taxi-ways and covered shelters with work tables.

After reading some of the posts here sounds like I have a bargain and yet, some of the local flyers think our dues are "way too high".

Dan
Old 11-08-2002, 01:31 PM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Here in the wonderful county of Cook (IL) the flying fields are Forest Preserves. Dues are $40 per year, most of which goes for the service to mow the grass. The only facilities are some picnic benches and a plywood outhouse.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:46 PM
DSJBEAN
My Feedback: (1)

I belong to 2 clubs. One is an asphalt field 700 ft E-W and 400 N-S strip. Dues at that club is 35 soon to be 40 per year and the other field we fly at the owner charges 20 per year to enjoy a hune flat field that he uses for his full scale Piper Cub. No trees to worry about here. Great field.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:55 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

$25 a year, and kids under 16 free (the kids free thing was something I started to get more young people involved)
Old 11-08-2002, 02:02 PM
P-51B

$50.00/yr. We fly on several hundred acres that includes a full scale grass airstrip where we fly. Near one of the more expensive cities in the country.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:10 PM
gone.

Default Dues

Three clubs I belong to in the North East :

1. $40 / year with a $25 one time initiation fee
2. $65 / year every year no initiation fee
3. $55 / year with a one time $25 (?) initiation fee

All are grass fields, 2 have set up tables, all three have porta potty's.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:12 PM
Nuker

We're at $70/year ($60 if paid by the end of Feb) after $70 one time initiation.

We have an 80 year old gentleman and his 77 year old assistant who take care of the grounds and keep the runway near perfect, we have a shelter with a stove for winter flying (and sun protection in summer).

2 members own a plowing interest and keep the driveway clear.

All in all not to bad for an all year club.

Bob aka Nuker
Old 11-08-2002, 04:18 PM
MikeChilson

Ours are $50.00 per year, $25.00 for Seniors over 55.
We will most likely be increasing dues this next year though. We are moving to a new field and have had to do EXTENSIVE work on it!
Old 11-08-2002, 05:48 PM
TopShelf

$60.00 at Fly-A-Ways RC club near Beaverton, Oregon.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:58 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default Club Dues

I believe (not positive) our club dues are about $50 a year with a $20 1 time initiation fee.

Services include two built up sun shades, porta john, garbage service, several tables, and a fire pit for those late season cold days.

A pretty fair deal in my opinion. However, the complaints were fierce several years ago when we bumped it up from $40 to $50.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:12 PM
RedWing

$65, Seniors get a discount.
Grass runway, covered pavilion in a Metro Park, must have AMA.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Tom Jones

Default Field

Topshelf...Where is your field located? Visitor policies etc. Would love to drop by.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:42 PM
GrnBrt

I also think that I should defend this field a bit... First and foremost it is not a club and no one is expected to ever volunteer time. You simply rent a wonderful flying site without any club overhead or politics. This field has a 2000 X 100 foot grass runway; occasionaly a full scale airplane will show up; the pilot stations face north so the sun is never in your eyes; has a paved and covered pitts area (the roof does leak however); has a play ground for the kids; and is very safe for "not completly surpervised while you are flying children". About the only down side beside the cost is the now infamous manure pond!

I think that an apples to apples comparison may show that our rent is not that bad. Especially when you consider the price of land in the King County area of Washington...

Well I won't argue that's it's a great field, but when the grass gets so long you can barely see your wheels (LT-40) and your plane comes back to the pits covered in grass clippings then that's a bit much. Yes it's private and $200 a year to just fly is good, but they need to do more to make it better. Harold didn't put in the paving for our benefit, he did it because his planes were getting to dusty. Look at the costs at other fields that have upwards of 8 or more tables to use and there they have maybe 5?? There's a whole lot more here then meets the eye and my friend that I fly with is a personal friend of the owner and he even lost patience with the way it's handled. Now if he were to make a few improvements that would cost next to nothing it would be a different story.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:57 PM
rcspud

A grass runway at the edge of a hay field,$20.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:08 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where we fly is a county park, asphalt run ways and C/L circles $30k shelter, frequency control, pilot stations etc and all the grass cutting and maintenance is done by the county for $25 a year. Much better than the $200+ I was paying in California.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.