Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

One of those days

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Doc Halliday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of those days

I just purchased a UCD and boy was it one of those memorable kits.After getting all of the new hardware for the linkages etc I started to put it together,I bought the motor (YS 91) from my neighbor across the street who cut the crank off about 1/4 inch to use in one of his choppers , then trying to find the drive washer
which was never found ( modified another one) I finally got it all put together. After filling the tank I thought I would fire her up>
I noticed that it was not filling up the lines to the carb so I looked back at the tank and saw raw fuel pouring into th inside of my new plane.I then remembered that I had changed the location of the lines in the stopper and did not plug the hole. After fixing that and taking everything out and cleaning it up moved on.
The next day I took vac from work to finish up the loose ends and
go fly.Well during setting up the controls all of a sudden no movement from anything.Battery went north. No big deal another battery pack and I am back on track.

I get to the field and get the motor all dialed in and I let her go from the taxi way to the runway and suddenly realize that it is going way too fast!!! No big deal I'll just stop it in the grass.
Well it hit the little transition and there goes the gear !!!
I get out the ca and glue it back in (after of course the nozzle clogged a hundred times) I get it back out to the runway and roll out, I let it build up speed and pull back and whoosh straight up.
I had a little too much elevator for first flight.After a little trimming
I get her flying hands off .I set up for the landing and grease her in. After all this (I'm sure I forgot some stuff) I watch everyone else fly for about an hour and go home, not wanting to risk another flight .
The moral of the story is, the next time you put an airplane together and everything goes right make sure you savor the moment.