Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Broken New Years Resolution

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Broken New Years Resolution

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken New Years Resolution

Well, I told myself that I was not going to buy anymore planes for a while or this year for that matter, it's only January, and I bought 2 planes so far when does the addiction ends[]

Joe
Old 01-19-2006, 09:47 AM
RCJake-rcu
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Broken New Years Resolution

When you quit breathing....
Old 01-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look on the bright side; at least it wasn't a bag of crack, or a case of Vodka. Although I do imagine this hobby is like being addicted to crack, just less harmful.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Deadeye

Look on the bright side; at least it wasn't a bag of crack, or a case of Vodka. Although I do imagine this hobby is like being addicted to crack, just less harmful.
My wife was hassling me about these airplanes about 5yrs ago.

I told her that I didn't drink, didn't use drugs, didn't chase other women, kept away from the bars. Don't own a bass boat or a set of golf clubs. Only got 1 huntin rifle that I've had since I was a kid, and I'm not into hot rod cars anymore.

Leave me alone about it. They're just airplanes.

She's never said another word.

I think I have just a little over a dozen airplanes right now. It's never enough. I want a dozen more!!![&:]
Old 01-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Joe Ortiz

I'm still eyeballing a 27% Ultimate

Joe[8D]
Old 01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Consious to Joe,
GO FOR IT!
Joes bad Consious
Old 01-19-2006, 03:24 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Joe Ortiz

Well, I told myself that I was not going to buy anymore planes for a while or this year for that matter, it's only January, and I bought 2 planes so far when does the addiction ends[]

Joe
I know the feeling, I had done the same. I was even going to clean out some of the kits I don't think I'll build any time soon. I managed to sell one kit, and received payment for a second today. Great progress, right? Sure was, until I found this WM ARF on eBay at a great price. And then happened to notice that the seller had another one that a friend had spoken very highly of. An then this same friend PM'd me and said I was crazy if I didn't buy a third one that the same seller had. All 3 came in one really big box, and I wasn't even home the day it arrived. My UPS delivery person still isn't talking to me. [X(] Oh, and then there was this boat that I've been eyeing for months that showed up in Tower's scratch and dent section that was only missing a few little pieces of hardware that I already had. So, I'm 2 behind on my goal of reducing unbuilt planes and boats! []
Old 01-19-2006, 03:59 PM
huggins

ORIGINAL: Joe Ortiz

Joe
New Years Resolutions should be realistic and obtainable. This was clearly not an realistic resolution. I don't know anyone with enough will power to achieve that!

Mike

Old 01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Joe Ortiz

New Years Resolutions should be realistic and obtainable. This was clearly not an realistic resolution. I don't know anyone with enough will power to achieve that!

I hear ya, this is worse than quit smoking[X(]

Lets. see, now I need a gas engine for my Super Decathlon that I just orded

Joe
Old 01-19-2006, 07:33 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

I broke mine in record time. Mine was Not to have one...... and look I just had one.[:@] My real new years resolution was to cool off on the cars/trucks. I have 7. not to mention 6 airplanes 2 boats 1 heli.................. I bought a traxxas stampede truck Jan. 2 so I'm out.....So yeah I still broke mine fast. This is too much stuff!!!! cool Down Rick!!! But hey I'm 15.5 this is better then some other things that an't soo smart.. That should be a new anti-drug slogin. Use your $$ for R/C. Not Drugs. I know thats what I'm doing.-rick[8D]
Old 01-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Deadeye

As if getting a kit and an ARF and a 9CAP for Christmas this year wasn't enough. Then all fo a sudden it's my birthday in a week. I'm giving...I mean my Wife is giving me a Somethin Extra kit. And a few servos. And a roll of covering. And some hardware. Thanks baby!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:18 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Just so you guys know, if your wife doesn't see the big brown airplane truck make the delivery, and you can sneek it into the basement without being noticed, it does't count. [sm=wink.gif]
Old 01-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Joe Ortiz

ORIGINAL: FlyingPilgrim

Just so you guys know, if your wife doesn't see the big brown airplane truck make the delivery, and you can sneek it into the basement without being noticed, it does't count. [sm=wink.gif]

Easier said than done, I came back from a model show with a new plane after just doing a indoor combat demo, two weeks later, my wife signed for my Super Decathlon[:@], not a small box either. Anyway, I can't complain, she doesn't fuss about it, she knows I love this hobby, I don't go out to bars or party my money away, my bills and my family comes first and the hobby in second.

Joe[8D]