Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

I have an ACE R/C Bingo and need..

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

I have an ACE R/C Bingo and need..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 02:32 AM
grs34
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have an ACE R/C Bingo and need..

I have an ACE R/C Bingo. Where can I get some info on this plane? I need to know the CG and also need a cowl. Thanks
Old 12-05-2002, 07:15 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Default ACE R/C BINGO

The designer of the Bingo and all those old Ace airplanes is D.B. Mathews, writes for Model Aviation. I am sure he can help! Love his designs, I have a 4-60 Bipe, and am just finishing up a 4-120
Old 12-05-2002, 12:29 PM
RCaeroguy
My Feedback: (4)

One of the senior members at my club gave me a great method for finding the CG of any plane. Fasten a string to the front of the plane, say to the engine behind the spinner and the other end of the plane as close to the elevator as possible. Make sure the string is plenty long enough so you can put the wing on and hang the whole mess from the ceiling. Now hang it and/or balance it so the desired attitude is achieved. Now, if a plump bob is hung from the point you're hanging the plane from, it will point to the CG location.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:46 PM
robbie
My Feedback: (3)

If it is the NOT big Bingo the CG is 3 1/4" to 4" back from leading edge,,I'd start in the 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 range till you get a hang of the plane,,
Old 12-29-2002, 06:15 PM
SHARK

Not exactly on topic, but Eloy - how did you hook up the 4-40 rods to the ailerons on your 4-120? I am working on one and it seems like if you run the rods out at an angle the way it shows on the plans the 1/4 x 1/4 spar gets in the way. It even shows it going "through" it on the plans, which would mean you would have to cut it. I was thinking of cutting a slot in the plate and putting the servo arm down through it instead. Thanks, Jim S.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:45 PM
robbie
My Feedback: (3)

I just installed servo hatches in the lower wings and ran servo leads throught the lower wings with rods connecting the upper and lower ails,,I have a 4-120 with a gasser and a 4-60 with a 91 saito and a 4-40 with a TT pro all done this way
Old 01-01-2003, 11:29 AM
BingoFlyer

I balance my Bingo about 1/4" aft of the main spar, but don't start there. The first balance point was at the center of the spar and I moved it back slowly until it would spin,snap, etc., it was very stable at the forward location.

You will love the Bingo, it's so stable that I have taught beginners to fly on mine and at the same time it is able to do anything I ask of it.