Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Why does the "Wanted Section" not work ?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Why does the "Wanted Section" not work ?

Old 06-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does the "Wanted Section" not work ?

I have been on RCU for a while now, and totally fell in love with it. I have bought a bunch of stuff from very nice and honest members. All my threads and questions get answered right away, and I am 99% satisfied with the expert answers and tips I receive. However there is one little thing that just doesn't seem to work out very well, and that is the "Wanted Section" ! If you take a look at the wanted items, hardly never is there somebody replying or even viewing the threads. I really wonder why that is ? A lot of stuff get's sold because properly posted in the "For Sale" section. What could probably be done to make the "Wanted Section" work right ? Are we really that afraid to offer our stuff to people and might not ask enough money for it ?
What do you guys think ?
Old 06-24-2002, 09:02 PM
Saito_56-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Correct!

I posted a "Wanted" in there, and had no reply. I was looking for a Rossi or a Webra. Someone had a Rossi, I posted a offer, and a few min. later I had a message and a offer for a new Rossi that I promptly accepted. I don't know what the deal is!
Old 06-24-2002, 11:37 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why does the "Wanted Section" not work ?

Here is my take on the reason the WTB forums traffic is lower than the For Sale forums.

In the For Sale forums you have a person interested in selling an item posting, and people interested in buying looking. (Stupid sounding, I know, but stick with me.) This works well. Two interested groups = lots of traffic.

In the Wanted to Buy forums you have a person interested in buying an item, but who is looking? If someone had an item that they wanted to sell online would it not already be posted in the For Sale forums?

I am not saying that the WTB never works. I posted in the WTB for a kit that is no longer in production and a couple of days later someone with the kit answered. Now it is sitting patiently in my shop waiting on me to build it. (Thanks RCU) I know that people have stuff that they would sell if they were made an offer. The problem is we are trying to buy from someone who is not actively trying to sell. We can't make them look. If they were interested enough to regularly check the WTB forums, I think they would post the item in the For Sale forums.

So don't give up. It can work. I just don't see it ever getting as much traffic as the For Sale areas.

Eric
Old 06-25-2002, 01:48 AM
WildPilot

Default Wanted?

Hey Guys,

Not trying to divert traffic, but in the interest of the hobby would point out that a couple of sites (I believe RCWarbirds.com and StrictlyScale.com) that I've been to lately are now part of this "network" that has a crapload of classified ads.

The setup is way different from what I've seen before, but you can get to stuff lickety split and I do think that anyone serious about selling or buying should take a gander.

Just my 2 cents!

Wildpilot
-----------------------
The Sky's Not the Limit, the Ground Is!