Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Finally a tv show about RC on TV!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Finally a tv show about RC on TV!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 02:50 AM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally a tv show about RC on TV!

Check your listings for the DIY network (do it yourself). They have a show called "radio control hobbies" hosted by Chris Chanelli (not sure if the spellings right) he is with Air Age publishing or I think Model Airplane news. The other night they had RC boats, but I know they do airplanes too! Its on tonight at 1AM eastern in my neck of the woods! Check it out!
Old 06-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Blackbird-RCU

Sweet!!! Thanks!!!
Old 06-15-2002, 04:12 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont think cable gets it, Im looking but see nothing
Old 06-15-2002, 04:49 AM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

Default TV Show

It seems that the show is on several times a week, usually at 10PM eastern. Tonight it was 1AM??? I have direct TV satelite, only because I now live in the "boonies". It is the DIY network, thats all I can tell you! Keep looking.......
Old 06-15-2002, 05:15 AM
LUV2FLYRC2
My Feedback: (8)

Default It's about time!

On direct T.V. Pacific Standard Time. channel 230 June 17-21 7:00 am and 12:00 pm. June 24,25,26 12:30 pm. Got the info from yahoo.com under T.V. I have not seen it yet but I hope it is a good show and that it may help kids think about getting into the R.C. hobbie. and not getting into trouble later on in life.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:25 AM
LUV2FLYRC2
My Feedback: (8)

And JohnVH if you can not wach it on cable I will tape it for you and send them to you for free because of all your help in the past with that &%#@ switch on my radio. Jack.
Old 06-15-2002, 12:05 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I have seen this program several times and while the host may have experence flying RC he is by no means knowledgable of the hobby/sport.

I am in favor of the show to promote the hobby!
Old 06-15-2002, 12:08 PM
jmulder
My Feedback: (6)

Its kinda like the soaps. Watch it once a month and your caught up! I dont watch it anymore. That one with the boat must be their favorite because they love to show it...........John
Old 06-15-2002, 12:11 PM
jmulder

Originally posted by Geistware
I have seen this program several times and while the host may have experence flying RC he is by no means knowledgable of the hobby/sport.

I am in favor of the show to promote the hobby!
Man you hit the nail right on the head!
Old 06-15-2002, 12:13 PM
jmulder

Somebody needs to buy him a Remote Control hair brush! lol
Old 06-15-2002, 12:49 PM
JohnVH

Originally posted by LUV2FLYRC2
And JohnVH if you can not wach it on cable I will tape it for you and send them to you for free because of all your help in the past with that &%#@ switch on my radio. Jack.
Wow! I really appreciate that!! If you want to record a few of them Id love it! I'd even send you back your tape!
Old 06-15-2002, 02:27 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they also got renewed for I think a dozen more shows or so...lots of cool stuff coming plus more jets!
Old 06-15-2002, 03:17 PM
JohnVH

Anyone know if there is a place on the web I can download the show to watch it????

Thanks
Old 06-15-2002, 04:47 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I doubt it. Maybe, maaaybe Kazza or Morpheus
Old 06-15-2002, 04:50 PM
SAL98

Go to DIY internet site and look up hobbies, you will see his shows with small avi to watch a few seconds of each show.

because of his show i fell in love with the hobby again and went out and bought a T-Maxx and an avistar.
Know i have a quarterscale edge and I'm happy about his show promoting the hobby even if he's an editer or Model Airplane News...
Old 06-15-2002, 04:59 PM
stick
My Feedback: (14)

Default Host don'tknow nothing???

I hope he knows something. The host is Chris Cenanelli (SP?) HE has been write for Model Airplane News for a while.
Old 06-15-2002, 06:43 PM
robert

There are LOADS of modelling programs on the T.V. in Ireland. There is a show called Model Mania every now and again, which featured everything, cars, boats, jets, helis, prop planes, etc. There are also lots on where they build things like boats or cars. Right now there is a series on building a 15 foot long boat, and they have a little about other aspects of the hobby on the program aswell. Its called Supermodels. C'est La Vie!!!
Robert.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Last months MAN mentioned that Chris is no longer with them and has gone on to pursue his new area of cable TV.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:58 AM
SAL98

Hopefully this cable thing will turn into something permanent. more shows on different brands and equipment.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:21 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

We get the show on our dish.

Ho Hum!!! If your in the hobby.

But...........It is a good advertisement to get others into the hobby. As with any of these shows it is one long add for the manufacturers.

I think they picked Chis not so much for his knowledge but because the younger crowd won't just turn the channel.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:26 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

His hair was something. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he drives a porsche convertible with the top down all the time I counted all of the umm's, uhhs,likes, ands, and you knows, (darn speech class from high school still haunts me). I lost count after at least 10 of each, and that was the first segment.

They really need someone who is more fluid with his delivery to do that show. I am sure the producers felt Chris' technical skills were OK, but his getting the point across wasnt. He sounded like a nervous 12 year old trying to make his first sale at the hobby shop. They also need to go into some more of the finer details about setting up a plane (can you say adjusting the clevises, not just connecting them and taking off, how to break in a new engine, how to balance a plane, etc). I understand they only have 22 minutes (not including commercials), but the two shows I watched missed several steps that could have made it alot easier for newbies to learn from.

They should set it up similar to the show on Discovery Wings Channel, "From the Ground Up". They did a whole series on building an RV-6 or 8. Not to say that the RC show should spend a whole season on one project, but maybe 2-4 shows on a specific item (more complex the item, the more shows).

Good Luck to whoever is going to be hosting the show now.

And Yes, my agent says that I am available if the producers are interested, and I have a mellower haircut

Steve
Old 06-17-2002, 05:02 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

I create and pitch shows for cable companies. I'd love to do an RC aircraft show but I don't know if there is a big enough market for it. Does anyone have any demographics I could use?
I guess the AMA would be my first stop. Maybe they could sponsor it.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:01 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Great Billy, just give the AMA more reasoning to raise our dues LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL JK. They have several major hobby suppliers that have been airing commercials during the show. Hobbytown retail stores, Megatech, and Hobby People stick out in my mind. They are doing the right thing by putting it on a cable channel like DIY, or a PBS channel. Low cost, nationwide coverage, etc.

There were several model railroad shows that lasted several years on pbs. Tracks Ahead ran for 8 years or so, and Caboose Hobbies in Denver ran a show for about 4 years.

Try and pitch it to some of the larger hobby manufacturers and distributors and see what happens. Could go to funflys, TOC, Joe Nall Event, Top Gun, AMA Grand Event, etc and "cover" the event and profile some of the people. Have theme shows (trainer, park fliers, funfly planes, giant scale, scale, micro, etc)
Old 06-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

I'm actually getting pretty excited about the concept. It would be a dream come true to produce a show like this. I'm going to start making calls today.
(This would also help me rationalize the time I spend on RCU)
Old 06-17-2002, 07:42 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Make a pilot..

Billy, and shop it around, show it at the shows and events mentioned. If you can make a slick production it would go far...and I agree that making one step something like "install the radio" without explaining that it is not so simple as throwng some servos and a RX in and going flying would help the people that Chianelli's show is aimed towards.

I have watched a few episodes, and it is just a little shallow on technique for anybody who has ever actually assembled an ARF (or boat or car) IMHO.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.