Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

R/C Babes Website Updated!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

R/C Babes Website Updated!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 08:49 PM
CHobbyHorse1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Babes Website Updated!

R/C Babes has added a feature with Nicky Lyn.

http://hometown.aol.com/rcphoto0/rcbabesII.html

"The site does not contain any nudity". If you do not wish to view women posing with RC models please do not click the link.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:14 AM
banktoturn

I find this R/C Babes crap to be the most inane and ridiculous thing available on the internet. I fail to understand why pointers to it are tolerated here.

banktoturn
Old 12-09-2002, 04:30 AM
festus1567
My Feedback: (21)

Hey great! They found yet another friggin ugly chick to pose with a RC car! Not only is she a model, she writes poetry too!!! Give us a break.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:36 AM
Steve Guinn

You don't want to see it....don't click on it.
Everybody wants to b&#*# about something.
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:19 AM
Ralph Morris

Default RC Babes

BankToTurn; Babes have always been a big part of aviation. Didn't you ever read "Smilin' Jack" in the funny papers? Those " 'lil de-icers" didn't have anything to do with cold weather.

Too young for Smilin' Jack? How about the "nose art" that decorated most military airplanes in WWII?

Flyers are by nature an adventurous sort, young at heart no matter what their age, and the one thing they'll turn their heads for, besides a pretty airplane overhead, is a pretty woman.

I guess you wouldn't like the annual swimsuit issue of "Pacific Flyer," our local full-scale (general aviation) newspaper. This issue features pictures of airplanes standing next to full-scale babes.

You haven't forgotten about that part, I hope?
Old 12-09-2002, 06:38 AM
CHobbyHorse1

Thank you for the comment, my post always seem to get deleted, must have been my aftershave or something.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:37 PM
RCaeroguy
My Feedback: (4)

I want to know how many planes have crashed at your field because of babes like that walking around. It should be illegal to look like that at a flying field!! :stupid:
Old 12-09-2002, 02:28 PM
Steve Guinn

Wondered where it went. I replied to the two idi...ah...er.. people
that replied, then it disappeared.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:46 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told Ted he could announce any news or changes on an infrequent basis here as long as his site did not contain nudity or links to it.

He put the disclaimer that if you don't want to see women posing with RC models not to click it. I felt that was fair warning. His sites content is no different from the cover of RCM magazine which is why I allowed him to post the link here for those who may be interested in it. Remember we must tolerate things we don't necessarily agree with to live in the free world. Your choice to view these things is clearly up to you and your mouse clicks. His site has no offensive, obscene or nude content which again is why the announcement was allowed.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:51 PM
banktoturn

Ralph,

When I look at the pictures on that site, I don't see anything resembling classic nose-art. I see under-age looking girls in come-hither poses holding radio-controlled toys. As innocent as you and Mr. Connelly want to make it seem, some of the poses are clearly intended to be as risque as they can get away with. Does this not seem a little tasteless and out of place to you? It does to me. Would you want your 16 year old daughter posing like that girl?

banktoturn
Old 12-09-2002, 04:01 PM
banktoturn

RCadmin,

This is your decision to make, but go look at the pictures. They are NOT like the cover of RCM. I'll ask you, as I asked someone else, would you want your 16 year old daughter photographed in some of those poses? I doubt it.

banktoturn
Old 12-09-2002, 04:38 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish we had girls like that at our field. All we have is ugly guys. hahahaha
Old 12-09-2002, 04:48 PM
mvigod
Banned

The recent model that he has up there I just checked out. There are no obscene poses (of course that is ALWAYS in the eye of the beholder). The girl isn't even wearing a bikini but rather has a full shirt on.

My basic rule for RCU is that it anything on the site should be RC related somehow and as far as what is appropriate I use prime time or day time network television here in the US as a guide (if I used overseas network programming it would shock most americans!). From what I can see everything that is on the RC babes site is not only within the realm of what any american can see on CBS, NBC, ABC or FOX but far more "tame".

Rather than ask the question whether anybody would want their daughter posing as that ask whether if you had an 8 year old kid if they would be harmed by looking at the most recent photos (or any on that site) on his website. Than think about the commercials your kid watches on TV or when he/she passes by Baywatch or some other network tv show. There are loose guidelines on what is considered to be acceptable and we must all realize that everyone will never agree on this. This is why the prime time tv rule is in place and to be consistent only I make those calls on RCU rather than the moderators. Every moderator won't be consistent which means it might be unfair to some.

Furthermore what if a modeler is posing with his model? What about if it's his wife or daughter or son? That could be considered distasteful by some, right? What if the wife is in a bikini posing with her husbands P47 Thunderbolt? We must be careful on where lines are drawn. If we start drawing lines like this we have to judge everything and then will get ugly fast and members won't be happy that we say they can't have themselves or family in the pictures if we feel the pose is "edgy".

Ultimately (AND READ THIS PART CAREFULLY) you choose if you want to see it. He posted this "The site does not contain any nudity". If you do not wish to view women posing with RC models please do not click the link. which makes it anybody's choice to see it or not to by simply not clicking on it. If you think that an image of a fully clothed woman standing next to a plane might offend you DO NOT click the link.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:55 PM
banktoturn

Fair enough.

banktoturn
Old 12-09-2002, 06:35 PM
ErnieR

Better take a long, cold shower if that chick's too hot for you bank.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:41 PM
banktoturn

ErnieR,

I don't think I said anything about her being hot, but maybe you read more carefully than I typed. Anything's possible.

banktoturn
Old 12-09-2002, 08:40 PM
bwindrum

Now I have no doubt that there are people that lay awake at nights thinking of something to ***** and whine about.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:35 PM
Steve Guinn

Hey BTT, some people don't like the idea of you flying R/C airplanes. Personally, I think you better stop.
It's good to be King !

P.S. Haven't seen much of the net, have you?
Old 12-09-2002, 10:40 PM
rockmon

Hey Marc you asked about an 8 year old kid so I showed the site to mine. Now I have to buy him a Ryan thanks pal. hehehe I found nothing obsene about the site I know my kids see more skin on tv than they show in r/c babes.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:03 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Marc, you handled this thread well...congrats!

Jerry
Old 12-09-2002, 11:45 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Originally posted by banktoturn
RCadmin,

This is your decision to make, but go look at the pictures. They are NOT like the cover of RCM. I'll ask you, as I asked someone else, would you want your 16 year old daughter photographed in some of those poses? I doubt it.

banktoturn

Try this site for a while, the last posting was sometime back in September!

www.flightlines.com
Old 12-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

I wrote too soon. I just went to take a look. "Risque you say" Those women look like somebodys normal wife posing. Would you be pleased if they sported and outdoor "Moo Moo." :stupid:
Old 12-10-2002, 12:23 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default That's the part that gets me..

I have nothing against RC Babes (other than it's sorta lame IMHO) but the theme that has been pounded over and over is this site has no posts other than RC related.

Period.

I've seen a lot of much better posts go poof since they were not directly RC related. Is RC babes more about RC, or babes(?)..I don't know..I guess we could have RC Basset Hounds, put a TX in the same pic with fido. How about RC Basketweaving...put a servo extension in with grandmas flower pot. RC Brick Bats..

And Cyclic..the link you posted has more RC content than RC Babes..and I've seen it deleted, too. I get your point..not much posting there har har har, but it still has more RC content than RC Babes, or RC Basset Hounds. And it gets deleted, but not RC Babes..

So if all NON RC posts get the ax, I guess my question is...oh never mind..
Old 12-10-2002, 01:18 AM
Ralph Morris

Hi all, Hi BankToTurn; Apparently we see this subject from a different perspective, so to speak.

I think young women are beautiful. Hell, I think old women are beautiful, too. (Are we allowed to say "Hell?" Maybe I should follow Andy Rooney's advice and say "Heck.")

Is your 16-year-old daughter keeping you up nights, waiting for her to get home from a date?

Actually, I asked my 21-year-old neice to pose with one of my models, and the pucture was published in R/C Report (They still believe in babes).

I'm sure you're motivated by hope that the next generation will behave more responsibly than we did, but don't count on it. Nowadays girls just want to have fun.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:05 AM
Steve Guinn

R/C PILOT'S GONE WILD !!!

Real R/C pilot's gone wild. You wont believe your eyes.
Actual footage of real R/C pilot's doing the unimaginable.
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Act now and receive the bonus VHS tape "R/C PILOT'S LOSE CONTROL" absolutely free.

Have your credit card handy and phone #BR-549.

$29.95

Please allow 6 weeks shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.