Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Need Servo Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 10:25 PM
StormGald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Servo Help

I got a hitec radio and stuff for my glider I am just starting I am 16 and got a Daw Tg-3 ALL EPP hehe OK now I need to know how do I change my servo what i call pusher its the thing the push rod goes to. Or maybe its called the servo head how do I change the head? Anyhelp? I dont want to mess up my servos :P
Old 12-10-2002, 11:37 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Need Servo Help

Maybe you can post a picture or something. Not sure what you're asking. Usually the servo arm comes off by removing a screw. Let me know_bob
Old 12-10-2002, 12:06 PM
StormGald

Default Need Servo Help

Thats what I am saying but... mine wont come off it keeps turning the servo
Old 12-10-2002, 12:27 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Metal or Plastic

Are your gears and arms metal or plastic? Don't understand why it wouldn't come loose Many of us get a gear puller such as the Bolink BL6014 gear puller for cars and modify it. Keep trying and let me know what you come up with_bob
Old 12-10-2002, 12:40 PM
vinnie
My Feedback: (1)

Default Need Servo Help

SG, hold the servo arm to keep it from moving while you turn the screw counter-clockwise. I should come loose.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:01 PM
FLYBUY

Default Need Servo Help

If you are able to spin the servo arm 360 degrees I would think the gears in the servo is striped. There should only be about 180 degree of travel.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:03 PM
Tattoo

Default Need Servo Help

SG, hold the servo arm to keep it from moving while you turn the screw counter-clockwise. I should come loose.
The terminology of the part you are changing is the "servo arm". It's the white plastic piece with holes in it for your pushrod ends. There is a little black screw in the middle...that it what you want to remove as the above quote explains.
Once you get the screw off, the servo arm pulls straight up and off. sometimes this takes a little force, especially new ones, because it's a tight fit. The shaft coming out of the servo is splined (has teeth) just like the inside of the servo arm. The servo arm that you are going to put on there (your replacment) also has splines. Before you put it on, turn your transmitter on, and then plug your servo and battery into the reciever and make sure the sticks and trims on your transmitter are centered, and this will center the servo. This way you can install your new servo arm onto the servo in the centered position.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need Servo Help

A word of caution. If you are changing servo arms make sure they are the same brand of servos. You cannot put a Futaba horn on an Airtronics servo. Most brands are not interchangeable when it comes to servo horns.