Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

R/C Guys on People Court

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default R/C Guys on People Court

Anybody else see the two R/C guys on TV today. They were fighting over a build job on a Falk Wolfe. The defendant brought the bones to court with him. Looked like a 1/4 scale at least.

David
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C Guys on People Court

Yeah me and my Dad watched that and got a kick out of that! Looked like it was coming along nicely! [8D]
Old 03-29-2006, 11:40 PM
jkeze
My Feedback: (36)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw it too. Quite amazing some of the people in this hobby. I am pretty sure it was a Valiey FW190. I even sold one of those guys a plane a few years ago.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Yea, I got a glimpse of that segment but unfortunately I was too busy to stop for a few moments and watch. Could someone summarize what happened?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

The plaintiff hired a guy to build this plane to completion. He even sent him a check the engine,muffler,retracts and some of the radio gear. It was supposed to be a 6 month job. Six months later the plane was only framed up and the builder was going on a trip to Russia. The guy ask for the parts and $750 deposit back. He got a check and all the parts but the muffler but didn't cash the check for a few weeks. By the time he deposited the check the guy now in Russia had spent the money. When he got home he sent him $300 and admitted he lost the muffler. The deffendant then rethought the deal and wanted money for the time and money he had spent up till now. Since he had already sent a check for the full refund that bounced. He lost. The plaitiff got the rest of the money back plus the $110 for the muffler.
The builder brought the plane to court with him. It was in fact only framed up. I don't think the wings were even complete. The fuse had some filler on the deck so it must have been complete.

David
Old 03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
necorc

Yeah, the defendant's arguments just wouldn't fly... Judge asked him if he could sell what he had left, he told her maybe in 5 years?