Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Just RC Planes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 10:47 AM
Joss Stick
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just RC Planes

I have put off doing this because the guy in question is someone I trusted but enough is enough!

There is a business called Just RC Planes. The fellow makes some sort of sander that you can do angles with and such. It was the RC Report product of the year I think. He and his wife come to our fly-in and I have gotten to know them over the years.

In Toledo I purchased an airplane kit from him. He didn't have one with him but promised me he would ship within two weeks. Well it's two months now and no plane and he still has my money. I've called and got someone else. I've emailed and no reply. There was a mention in RC Report that he had telephone line troubles. I called the number and no answer.

If anyone sees Just RC Planes at a show or fly-in, let me know. If I don't get a reasonable explanation as to where my plane or my money is, I may consider getting law enforcement involved.
Old 06-26-2002, 03:14 PM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

Default Just RC Planes

I was wondering were you were hanging out. What kind of model was it and have you tried a registered letter?

quint
Old 06-26-2002, 03:28 PM
Joss Stick

Default Just RC Planes

A registered letter is going this week. How ya doin, buddy? I put this same post on the home board too. It was a Lanier Edge 540T. I thought this guy was a friend. He gave me a good price on it that I couldn't refuse. Now I know why!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:43 PM
Dugster

Default Just RC Planes

Ah Hah!! I found you guys Now go on home and answer my question.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:05 AM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

Default Just RC

Joss,
A few years ago I bought one of their angle sanders at the Warbirds Over Delaware fly-in. It's coming up on the weekend of July 12-14. I can't say if they will be be there or not but it would be worth the trip just for the fly-in. BTW, I saw them at the Lebanon, PA swap shop this past March and ordered some replacement sanding bars for my sander. They arrived in about 3 weeks. It was shortly after that when I started hearing of their "telephone troubles". Good luck. :spinnyeye
Old 06-27-2002, 03:06 AM
Joss Stick

Default Just RC Planes

I was hoping they would have been at Joe Nall like they were last year. These folks have been to our fly-in in Summersville, WV many times and even to our District III Mini-Fest in '99. They were friends, I thought.

Thanks for the info. If they don't come through soon with money or plane, I'll track them down somewhere.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:42 AM
augiep38
My Feedback: (3)

Default Just RC Planes

I bought a miter sander and 4' sheet sander from these guys last year at the Bealton flyin. I got the miter sander the day of the show and it took almost 3 months to get the sheet sander.

The guys wife kept telling me that he was out of town for his job. I figured I got screwed and then the thing showed up.

They have good products, but their business practices could use some work. The only way I would buy from him again would be on a cash and carry basis.

Todd