Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Type of Photo Software

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 03:07 AM
Hiflyer001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type of Photo Software

I've noticed some great pictures on this and other RC sites. I don't have a scanner but Kodak can put my pictures on a floppy. What is a good program for putting pictures on RC threads. New at this...thanks for any help...
Old 01-27-2002, 03:22 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

You looking to only post pictures on RCU, or do you want complete image altering software?

You can resize and touch up any picture in the stock MS Paint that comes in Windows. You can also go the other route and get something like Photoshop that will alter any picture most anyway you can imagine.

Goto download.com and do a search in downloads for 'graphic' or 'image', and watch the number of freeware programs appear. There is a lot of good editing software out there for free... take a look. Stay away from demo's and shareware. Stick with freeware, and you wont be asked to pay anything.

Hope this helps some. Welcome to RCU!
Old 01-27-2002, 04:01 AM
maverick

I get my photos on CD as well. The CD comes with viewing software and also includes Canon Photo Effects Software. BTW I get them done at Costco.

The Canon Photo Effects software allows me to resize/crop etc. pictures so that they are usable on sites like this.

Maybe you should check the CD with your photos on and see if it comes with some software.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:11 AM
Hiflyer001

Thanks PI for the info. I have Win95 and Paint looks like it works with a picture or document that you create using Paint. It doesn't look like it will let me pull in a picture and alter it. I have a program called SNAPSHOT that I got on my ATT site sale for 5 bucks..ha. It will let me touch up damaged and scratched photos and email them. I don't think it lets me plug the picture in a RCU thread. I will check the download site you suggested...Thank you for the info....Nice to be on RCU.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:29 AM
maverick

Originally posted by Hiflyer001
I don't think it lets me plug the picture in a RCU thread.
Just to clarify, you don't need any special software to post pictures on RCU. As long as the picture is no larger than 650 x 650 pixels and 80kb.

You normally only need the software to do the image size manipulation to allow it to fit the upload limits on RCU.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:43 AM
Hiflyer001

Thanks Maverick....I know the address of a picture that I would like to put in this post for a test. How do I do this...Thanks again
Old 01-27-2002, 04:50 AM
maverick

Thanks Maverick....I know the address of a picture that I would like to put in this post for a test. How do I do this...Thanks again
When you create your post, scroll to the bottom of the page and there is an 'Attach File' option. Click on the 'browse' button and you can then go select the file from your PC.

If the picture is on a website somewhere, just enter the URL (web address, as in http://www.whatever.....) in the body of your message and the forum software converts this URL to the picture in your post.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:56 AM
Hiflyer001

Ok here goes
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1726_2358.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1863  
Old 01-27-2002, 04:58 AM
Hiflyer001

I'll be darn.. Pretty clever....Thanks for all the help guys.. I'm impressed....
Old 01-27-2002, 06:47 AM
maverick

I'll be darn.. Pretty clever....Thanks for all the help guys.. I'm impressed....
No problem. I'm glad you like the site. It is getting better every day and now with over 3000 registered users the vast amount of knowledge to be shared is just awesome!